Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
Spideristic
Kingpin

Rush

I am not really into Formula 1 racing, but read good things about Rush by Ron Howard starring Chris Hemsworth.

It got released in UK and few other countries last week, while some are getting it this week. US gets a wide release next week, along with a limited release tomorrow.

RUSH Trailer (2013) - YouTube

Rush - Official Trailer #2 (HD) Chris Hemsworth, Olivia Wilde - YouTube

Release Date: September 27, 2013.

Synopsis: A re-creation of the merciless 1970s rivalry between Formula One rivals James Hunt and Niki Lauda.

Director: Ron Howard
Writer: Peter Morgan
Cast: Daniel Bruhl, Chris Hemsworth, Olivia Wilde, Alexandra Maria Lara

IMDB: Rush (2013) - IMDb

Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Hoping to see this during the week. Love F1 and loved Senna. This is more of a movie as opposed the documentary like Senna. The NL v Hunt battle was legendary.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:22 PM   #3
SONICobra
Batman

decided to see prisoners over this, but ill be checking this out next week - looks very promising
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #4
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I saw this movie over the weekend and absolutely loved it. i am not a fan of Formula 1 only because it is very hard to follow the sport in the US since we get very little information on it. We have Indycar but it isn't on the same level as Formula 1.

Anyway the movie was outstanding! Ron Howard did an excellent job in the director's chair and all the cast did a really great job in their respective roles. Especially Daniel Bruhl who played Niki Lauda. I had no knowledge of who Hunt and Lauda were going into the movie but after watching it, I came home and searched You Tube to get more background on both drivers and there is plenty great stuff out there to see.

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and will probably see it again in the theater before it's run is over. Highly recommended!
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:42 AM   #5
SONICobra
Batman

fantastic movie, as good as I expected possibly better. the sight and sound of the formula 1 cars on the big screen was intoxicating - definitely worth seeing in theatres! I may go again if I can it was a lot of fun
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote