Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-06-2016, 04:49 PM   #3491
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I completely agree. Not only was Lex's character all wrong, but Superman's mother saying he owes the world nothing is so totally out of character for Martha that it just took me out of the film.
See how something so small can change someone! Now we know how Superman saying Martha can take Batman out of the moment.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:52 PM   #3492
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
See how something so small can change someone! Now we know how Superman saying Martha can take Batman out of the moment.
That was a rather cool connection shared between the two.

Both are just a bunch of momma's boys.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:55 PM   #3493
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
I wouldn't even say the article says anything is wrong with WB. Everyone has known Nolan was a "producer" only in name and not in creative voices, so adding someone to take his spot has been speculated for some time. My guess it'll be Geoff Johns or someone who has already been working behind the scenes with Snyder and Affleck.

That and the fact that DC announced two new release dates for new DC comic films, it seems they're pretty confident and not really concerned in the slighest.
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:35 PM   #3494
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirl Wind Boy View Post
I wouldn't even say the article says anything is wrong with WB. Everyone has known Nolan was a "producer" only in name and not in creative voices, so adding someone to take his spot has been speculated for some time. My guess it'll be Geoff Johns or someone who has already been working behind the scenes with Snyder and Affleck.

That and the fact that DC announced two new release dates for new DC comic films, it seems they're pretty confident and not really concerned in the slighest.
To me, it's nice that they are at least signs that WB is listening to the backlash that a good portion of viewers had with this movie. They might not come outright and say they made mistakes but their actions to "go lighter" and add new directors or creative teams are all steps in a better direction imo.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:08 PM   #3495
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I actually was okay with that moment in the film. It made sense to me. It was in character. I was not okay with Martha Kent's being portrayed as saying Clark could turn his back on the world, though. That was out of character.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:17 PM   #3496
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
omg this was so funny!

I do feel bad for Ben as he was the best part of the movie for me.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:13 PM   #3497
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I completely agree. Not only was Lex's character all wrong, but Superman's mother saying he owes the world nothing is so totally out of character for Martha that it just took me out of the film.
Along with that 'maybe' in MOS(to let die people) LOL

How Superman was raised by the Kents along with his 'normal' childhood-in regards to relate/get close to people-is the 'with great power comes great responsability' that defines the character and what Snyder still doesn't get and that is why his Superman is so cold/isolated.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:17 PM   #3498
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirl Wind Boy View Post

I love Geoff Johns but he may be too much of a fanboy, and too much fan service actually hurts these films IMHO. He was involved in both BvS and Green Lantern- not to mention Legends of Tomorrow. All three suffer from overkill exposition then sensory overload.

You need a balance of faithfulness to the source coupled with a strong conveyance of the narrative. Something Marvel has and something a Bruce Timm could give WB. He is my choice by a country mile given his ability to tell superhero stories, making changes for the better, when delivering a Tv/film project.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:44 PM   #3499
built2shred
Phoenix

To be honest I would love to see a non-comic book person Direct Justice League... I think anytime you get "Fan Boys" directing they want to make it their personal version of the hero which can lead to them wearing blinders and not seeing that their version is not that great...

Empire Strikes Back was directed by Lucas Drama teacher who had no experience in science fiction and it arguably turns out to be the best movie in the franchise.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 11:11 PM   #3500
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
To be honest I would love to see a non-comic book person Direct Justice League... I think anytime you get "Fan Boys" directing they want to make it their personal version of the hero which can lead to them wearing blinders and not seeing that their version is not that great...

Empire Strikes Back was directed by Lucas Drama teacher who had no experience in science fiction and it arguably turns out to be the best movie in the franchise.
You know that's a really good take and an interesting point. The most successful Batman films also, both critically and box office wise, has been Nolans. And he certainly has never been a fan boy. I like that idea!
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote