Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 08-15-2017, 03:11 PM   #1241
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Famous last words my brotha.
LOL They will be my last words if I don't quit collecting!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 06:11 PM   #1242
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
What other Thor omnibuses? I only know about the one reprint. And what Swamp Thing for that matter?

Thanos is set to ship Jan - March. Then I'm done with statues. They are now a rich man's game and I am now. I may just stick to omnibuses to collect. I am looking forward to him so badly though, cannot wait to take some pics!
I'm in the same boat Jonesie, I've spent so much money on comics/statues this year, it's crazy. After Thanos, and IF XM makes Angelus, I'm done. Omni and a few comics here and there will what I will collect. Running out of room in my storage for this stuff and life has other priorities, I need to be happy with what I have.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:07 PM   #1243
MrJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
I'm in the same boat Jonesie, I've spent so much money on comics/statues this year, it's crazy. After Thanos, and IF XM makes Angelus, I'm done. Omni and a few comics here and there will what I will collect. Running out of room in my storage for this stuff and life has other priorities, I need to be happy with what I have.
It's kind of comforting knowing I'm not the only one! Next year is the year of smart choices
Old 08-22-2017, 09:13 PM   #1244
Luminous
Cyclops

I am actually done as well. And not just for the year. I'm out of the statue game for good. Not only has finances and space been an issue but it's begun to just feel like clutter. Selling the majority of my collection and keeping the few pieces I feel are truly special to me. Books are potentially next on the chopping block but they're a little more difficult to unload without flat out giving away.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:03 AM   #1245
jkazemi
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Tomb of Dracula Omnibus vol. 1 and 2. I wish Marvel do a reprint. Love John Buscema's art work.
jkazemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 07:34 PM   #1246
MrJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I am actually done as well. And not just for the year. I'm out of the statue game for good. Not only has finances and space been an issue but it's begun to just feel like clutter. Selling the majority of my collection and keeping the few pieces I feel are truly special to me. Books are potentially next on the chopping block but they're a little more difficult to unload without flat out giving away.
A buddy of mine and me were joking about starting a fb page like LAS - Life After Statues or something. A support group for those of us in recovery LOL
Old 08-24-2017, 04:02 PM   #1247
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
It's kind of comforting knowing I'm not the only one! Next year is the year of smart choices
Agreed.

Quote:
A buddy of mine and me were joking about starting a fb page like LAS - Life After Statues or something. A support group for those of us in recovery LOL
You mean there IS life after statues!? LOL
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:12 PM   #1248
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Sold around 30 omnibus got another 40 to go.Getting rid of everything slowly.Statues as well,prints etc.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:46 PM   #1249
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
Sold around 30 omnibus got another 40 to go.Getting rid of everything slowly.Statues as well,prints etc.
Yeah I figured omnis would unload easily. Still hoping to keep most of mine though. The books I'd like to get rid are mostly paperback and random hardcovers.

Seems like you're purging from all hobbies. You done collecting period?
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 07:32 PM   #1250
protector2814
Phoenix

Pretty much have stopped buying statues. Bowen's Frankenstein was the last one I got. If he ever decides to come back, I may fill in a few holes but everyone else just got too damn expensive for me to ever justify. I do pull my Omni a lot & find their completeness a great resource. What I'd really like to do is unload my comics. But I have 40+ long boxes & the task is just too damn daunting for me. I love my omnibus though & doubt I'd ever part with them along with a few other fab. hdbk collections & my Essentials & Showcases. But, like a few have said here. "enough already" w/ a lot of stuff.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote