Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-16-2021, 03:14 AM   #261
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne-m0 View Post
Yes mate sadly i have to agree with you and i am not naive enough to think sideshow give a ---- about their customer base.

Only when the customer base goes away will they likely pay attention. Well for me ill never buy sideshow again so thats one customer lol.
I have not purchased from them in years, other than some items they distribute like the P1 stuff or the Blitzway Ecto-1. I have been told they don't want to make much themselves anymore, just want be an order hub basically for other companies. People always like to say how great their customer service has been, but I have always thought it was quite poor overall.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 03:19 AM   #262
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Ah ok, thanks for the background info. No wonder there so hard to find and not many pics or videos of the piece. 7k is a pretty good price for a life size endo as there are more parts with the Genisys design. That's a really low ES number too which is always a good thing.
As I recall he got a free 1:1 replica weapon with it as well for an early bird bonus!

Genisys parts kit is something like ~300 parts vs just ~150 individual parts on the T1/T2 version so yes quite a bit more to them which is why they look so real.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:09 AM   #263
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Yup! I got one of the 1:1 replica rifles that they offered to people on the forum for ordering early. I don't know how many of those rifles they made, but I've never seen one in anyone else's collection. I also got $500 off for ordering early.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 09:42 AM   #264
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Yup! I got one of the 1:1 replica rifles that they offered to people on the forum for ordering early. I don't know how many of those rifles they made, but I've never seen one in anyone else's collection. I also got $500 off for ordering early.
Yea, it was 10% off the full $7500 for forum members or the early bird price of $7k and the gun, you couldn't get both of the promos. Definitely better deal for the gun, I missed out on that, but they also covered shipping on my new one. That was a nice extra bonus for waiting so long.
Old 01-17-2021, 11:17 AM   #265
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

That's nice of them to cover shipping since you're been waiting so long. I think one of the biggest reasons I got one of the first endoskeletons was because I drove down to pick it up.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 05:40 PM   #266
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
That's great value. The guns a cool design looks like the BFG from Doom. Still hard to believe they didn't sell anymore of these, though the margin for profit may have been quite small. Many think 7k is heaps expensive, whilst not cheap, it does cost a lot of time and money to build a good accurate endo using decent materials. I don't think sideshow ones are worth 7k due to the inaccuracies and questionable materials and craftsmanship, but I think these genisys V1 and V2 ones are worth it.

If you get the time, share some pics of it! It's a rare statue, not many pics and no video reviews around. A shame as its quite accurately looking compared to sideshows.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 09:09 PM   #267
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
That's nice of them to cover shipping since you're been waiting so long. I think one of the biggest reasons I got one of the first endoskeletons was because I drove down to pick it up.
Yes, it was, saved me about $1200. I had also planned on taking a trip and picking up mine too, but sadly never got the opportunity.
Old 02-04-2021, 02:52 PM   #268
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Been notified my CC Endoskeleton is due in to the UK end of Feb!! Fingers crossed!!!!
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:24 PM   #269
Dundee
Hydra

Woohoo! Very excited for you and can't wait to see pics of this beast!
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:01 PM   #270
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Woohoo! Very excited for you and can't wait to see pics of this beast!
lol thanks mate, me neither!!!
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote