Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 04-04-2021, 01:38 PM   #1111
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

So I also moved this beast. Even tho these "heavy duty" shelves are rated for 700 lbs each it says, and this should only be about 70lbs, I did not feel comfortable so I adjusted my shelves and moved it to the bottom. Much better imo.

Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:54 AM   #1112
fsdre
Mephisto

For the love....can iron studios just ship these out to the people who bought direct from them!!!
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:47 PM   #1113
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
I know right. He could pick objects up and throw them at the Sentinel tho? Also he's prolly better served attacking one of the "proximity" villains like Pyro or Blob or Sabretooth
Considering Juggernaut is crushing Sentinel #2 along with Magneto and Gambit, I thought the theme was X-Men teaming up with the brotherhood to take down Sentinels. Are they fighting both the brotherhood AND the Sentinels? Because if that's the case, I'm gonna have to rethink my hypothetical future display.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 02:48 PM   #1114
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi Tushar,
I was under the same impression to be honest. I have pre-ordered Sentinel dio #2 and one of the things I liked about it is that in my perception (one-time) heroes and villains are working together the fight the threat of the mutant hunting Sentinels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Considering Juggernaut is crushing Sentinel #2 along with Magneto and Gambit, I thought the theme was X-Men teaming up with the brotherhood to take down Sentinels. Are they fighting both the brotherhood AND the Sentinels? Because if that's the case, I'm gonna have to rethink my hypothetical future display.
Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:48 PM   #1115
Infinite GLORY

Honestly I don't think that's the case. Magneto in sentinel dio #2 is clearly controlling the Sentinel to attack the X-Men. He is not attacking the Sentinel. He is using it as a weapon since he controls magnetism. I believe it's Magneto and the Brotherhood vs. the X-Men.

Also I see what you mean it appears Juggernaut is "attacking" the Sentinel but if you look closely you will see he is bashing down the front door (see the gold lion knocker on the door he is smashing). It appears he is busting in the building and Gambit is holding the line against him. Not sure how Gambit is going to stop Magneto or the Sentinel on his own tho lol.

Also straight from Iron Studios description, it says Magneto is controlling the Sentinel...

Quote:
After suffering severe battle damage, the remains of a Sentinel robot crawl through rubble, manipulated like a giant puppet by the powers of Erik Magnus Lehnsherr, the mutant better known as Magneto floating over his head. Facing the destructive mechanical mace of the automaton, we have the powerful Juggernaut alongside Gambit throwing his cards fueled with kinetic energy. This scenario takes on three dimensions in Iron Studios \”X-Men vs Sentinel # 1 Deluxe BDS Art Scale 1/10 – Marvel Comics\”, produced in limited edition, made of polystone and hand painted with the figures of the Sentinel robot, Gambit, Magneto and Juggernaut (exclusive for this BDS).
Old 04-06-2021, 07:27 AM   #1116
Tushar
Hellboy

Mind. Blown.

And yeah I love Gambit to death but I'll have to agree with you on that one. Magneto AND Juggernaut? Kid might be out of his depth. I'm gonna think of some proximity pieces to put behind Gambit so the display look somewhat more even. Maybe Professor X and Colossus (though I was hoping to pit him against Omega Red).

Speaking of allies, whose side do you guys think Emma Frost is on?
Old 04-06-2021, 07:49 AM   #1117
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Mind. Blown.

And yeah I love Gambit to death but I'll have to agree with you on that one. Magneto AND Juggernaut? Kid might be out of his depth. I'm gonna think of some proximity pieces to put behind Gambit so the display look somewhat more even. Maybe Professor X and Colossus (though I was hoping to pit him against Omega Red).

Speaking of allies, whose side do you guys think Emma Frost is on?
Given the era, she would have to be a villain right?
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 09:06 AM   #1118
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Given the era, she would have to be a villain right?
I was afraid of that.

Was thinking for a minute that to cut out villains altogether and go just for heroes vs Sentinel. But that Emma looks too good to pass up.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:01 AM   #1119
Infinite GLORY

The Emma Frost sculpt looks phenomenal. Atleast for the prototype shown. Fingers crossed that the production piece looks atleast 90% similar. But yes given this is the 90's X-Men look she would be a villain.

Colossus would be a good pick to use as a proximity piece to backup Gambit in the sentinel Dio 2. I might display him that way.

The thing I don't like recently, is the Deadpool piece. They went with the more current goofy Deadpool which is the more popular money maker which I get, but if he is part of this Dio, he should be more 90's like, which is straight ol Assassin Wade Wilson who is feuding with X-Force. I'm sure I will still end up getting him, but it's a shame he doesn't blend more.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:13 AM   #1120
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
The thing I don't like recently, is the Deadpool piece. They went with the more current goofy Deadpool which is the more popular money maker which I get, but if he is part of this Dio, he should be more 90's like, which is straight ol Assassin Wade Wilson who is feuding with X-Force. I'm sure I will still end up getting him, but it's a shame he doesn't blend more.
That's an understatement. That piece with it's backpack and unicorn, would undercut the tone of the entire dio. I think one is better off displaying him by himself entirely, or maybe Cable could accompany him.

I think a masked Deadpool wielding katanas or assault weapons would have been more apt. The goofy stuff could have been add-ons in a deluxe version.