Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-04-2021, 07:31 AM   #1001
Augen
The Hulk

I'm glad statue and character generate such passion and debate here.

Clearly means more companies need to make a Power Girl piece (Tweeterhead, P1, XM, Queen...)
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:38 AM   #1002
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I'm glad statue and character generate such passion and debate here.

Clearly means more companies need to make a Power Girl piece (Tweeterhead, P1, XM, Queen...)
yeah prime 1 taken a hint. and make Power girl with bigger breast to show PF lol.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 09:26 AM   #1003
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I can understand why they reduced the breast on Powergirl.....I would imagine D.C. are trying to subtly change the art direction from past leanings to something more, how should I say this? Generic? Politically Correct.

It's not about NOT liking large breast......at least not for me, I love all breasts everyday.......I think its more about the motivations behind the original character designs, that tend to signal the intentions of the creators.

It seems that, in order to get PG noticed and accepted in the beginning, they lured males in with those huge breasts......is that right or wrong? Who can say? But I can imagine in this new "enlightened" age, it may be something they want to distance themselves from.
My issue is that reducing the size of her breasts or editing a character because it doesn't suit the "enlightened" is a form of censorship. (speaking of, if you follow Mark Brooks go check out how somebody "fixed" JSC's Mary Jane piece) And what does it teach girls who are coming into their own, already sometimes unsure of their bodies - and CAN NOT control how big their breasts become? Because this "enlightened" society still has schools that shame girls who are well endowed by making them wear looser clothing because it's "too distracting" for young men. You have young men who go and commit shooting sprees and blame it on women. Yea...ummm...breasts are not the root of the problem. The root of the problem will not be solved by covering up breasts and making them more "taboo". What will help the problem is this country needs to stop being so damn sheltered - get on over to Europe. See how little they give a damn about a pair of breasts. They appreciate them for what they are and enjoy a nice set for sure, but it's not like they are the holy grail.

So no. This isn't change isn't for an "enlightened" society - it's to please the haters who don't want women sexually objectified or to please those who are afraid who it will trigger. I am so tired and over women and men being "mad" for me and taking up "my" cause. Guess what, I don't have a cause. And I'm certainly not going to be bothered by a statue or a person who chooses to have a fully clothed Power Girl statue in their collection. If I did - I'd have to really take a hard look at myself and my issues. There are ton of women who are not the least bit bothered by attractive women - well endowed or not.

We are not the root of all the evil men do. We are not. Just like video games and angry music don't cause people to be violent. The sheep will do what the sheep will do, I'm not - nor are any woman's features - to blame for it.

But now back to this lovely sculpt of Power Girl. I'm pretty upset about those amazing legs. They are pretty damn flawless and thicc in all the right ways that I can't buy.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 02:04 PM   #1004
prizzy726
The Spirit

Hell yeah to all of that! ^^^

But I can’t find the thing with Mark brooks and JSC, but I’m really curious about it. Can you help me find it or recap?
prizzy726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 02:41 PM   #1005
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Sorry to derail more - but since it was asked -

Mark Brooks saw that somebody had "fixed" a piece of art created by J Scott Campbell (I've put the original piece below) and posted it to social media. They "fixed" it because they had deemed it less than normal to sit that way (which I do often actually) and that MJ was too sexualized. So - this person "fixed" the art by editing it. Not drawing a similar piece themselves - nope - just photoshopping the piece to their liking and boasted how they had "fixed" the art. You know, like those clowns who who go after Frank Cho art or got all up in arms about the Spider-Woman cover because they deem it too sexy.

To "fix" the art - he/she edited MJ's legs to be both underneath her. Moved her arms out so they aren't under her breasts. Moved the t-shirt up to cover her breasts and reduced the shape of them too. So ya know - censoring something to their liking and calling it "better" and "appropriate". And again another debate about some titties. How tiring.

So Mark went at them and said "Don't do this." He went on to basically say: If you want to change the way comics are drawn and how women are portrayed - become an artist. Be better. Get the skills. Create the art and change the norms. Don't edit other people's hard work. Seems logical to me.

Last time I checked - art work was free speech just as everything else. If I don't like something, I comment and move on. Or better yet, I don't look at it - it would never cross my mind to edit an artist's work. That's just being an a$$hole. Mark has since pulled his post because - no shock - it started a whole lotta debate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mary Jane.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	139112  
Old 05-04-2021, 02:42 PM   #1006
Augen
The Hulk

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

But now back to this lovely sculpt of Power Girl. I'm pretty upset about those amazing legs. They are pretty damn flawless and thicc in all the right ways that I can't buy.
My Power Girl lunges every where she goes apparently.
Old 05-04-2021, 03:11 PM   #1007
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

cant wait for my army of PGs to come in next year. will be building a new display under my TV for then since my current display besta cases wont handle them. gives me a reason to change the set up now.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 04:11 PM   #1008
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
My Power Girl lunges every where she goes apparently.
And I thank the stars above for that!!
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 04:15 PM   #1009
Demona
Martian Manhunter

How many did you buy, Vince-Vell?
Old 05-04-2021, 04:26 PM   #1010
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
cant wait for my army of PGs to come in next year. will be building a new display under my TV for then since my current display besta cases wont handle them. gives me a reason to change the set up now.
Videos! Updates! Your fans demand it!