Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 05-07-2021, 05:39 PM   #31
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I did get a response not too long after submitting through the web form, but it sounds like the delay was from trying to track down a solution.

No extra Exclusives, though, which is pretty disappointing. Ordered this thing day one, waited 15 months, then was sent a Reg. There may be an option to just get sent the EX parts, but I don't know what form that takes. It would be one thing if I get the same styrofoam block and can put it in the box (even though I'd have Reg numbering, but I don't know that I care). Getting a bunch of loose pieces wouldn't be great, though.

It's unfortunate that there are no extras this early on. It seems like people went through this a while back when it came to damages/replacements. I get someone made a simple mistake in this case, but there isn't any room for mistakes when they must have really produced almost or exactly to demand. I mean, if I got a Reg, who got my EX? Not someone who ordered it. Did they sell whatever they had left over that quickly after receiving/shipping?

In the meantime, I see Collector's Row has their allotment of EXs, but I'd have to pay an extra $115 to get one (maybe less - I see there is a "Best Offer"). I'll probably just give up on this one.
Now from what I read on here collectors row sells the leftover pieces that Chad has. That is what I remember reading on here and It was a while ago so maybe they don’t anymore but I was under the impression that they sold the additions that were canceled or that Chad had left over. I would like to think that Chad will do right by you and make sure that you get those extra pieces or find some other solution for you.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 06:30 PM   #32
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Now from what I read on here collectors row sells the leftover pieces that Chad has. That is what I remember reading on here and It was a while ago so maybe they don’t anymore but I was under the impression that they sold the additions that were canceled or that Chad had left over. I would like to think that Chad will do right by you and make sure that you get those extra pieces or find some other solution for you.
I was under the impression that Collectors Row was ordering a certain allotment of EXs, but I may have just assumed that - not sure how I arrived there. I bought one from them once, so have communicated between Tweeterhead/Collectors Row before and know there is a relationship there and they share a warehouse. It would really sting if Chad were passing on leftovers this fast and my EX ended up on Ebay for $115 more. I know there's a good deal of conjecture there and it is what it is at this point, so I'll just hope that is not what happened.

Still waiting to hear about the exclusive parts, but it's not a great situation.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 07:23 PM   #33
mmk123

I could be wrong about the collectors row thing that they do sell Chad‘s leftovers and maybe it’s possible that they purchase items from Chad and sell them that way

Now that you mention it I do remember seeing on this site that they do share a warehouse

I do think in this situation that Chad will find someway to make it right for you since they are aware of the situation. I cannot see them ignoring the situation and being like “sorry kid you’re out a luck” and that’s the end of it.
Old 05-07-2021, 08:21 PM   #34
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I could be wrong about the collectors row thing that they do sell Chad‘s leftovers and maybe it’s possible that they purchase items from Chad and sell them that way

Now that you mention it I do remember seeing on this site that they do share a warehouse

I do think in this situation that Chad will find someway to make it right for you since they are aware of the situation. I cannot see them ignoring the situation and being like “sorry kid you’re out a luck” and that’s the end of it.
They did so far offer up the extra parts - just waiting to hear back how that would work. But, otherwise the only other option is a refund/return. No shot at getting an actual numbered EX.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 08:35 PM   #35
mmk123

If they have the extra parts to send to you that is a good thing and I’m sure that they would be sent with the upmost care like any of the statues are sent. Even though it wouldn’t be listed as an exclusive I would think you still would be able to sell it as an exclusive since you do have the extra pieces if you would ever choose to sell it.
Old 05-08-2021, 05:32 PM   #36
ROE
Frackin!

Hey folks. I'm new here and I made this account just so I could maybe get some help.

I ordered a Hordak statue in November and was sent and invoice. My credit card has been billed. Right now my account says that the status is processing. What does processing mean exactly?

I've tried emailing them, calling them, using the webform, and now I'm asking for help here. Wtf is with this company anyway? This whole thing makes me really, really, nervous about the Teela statue I ordred not long ago.
ROE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 10:11 PM   #37
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROE View Post
Hey folks. I'm new here and I made this account just so I could maybe get some help.

I ordered a Hordak statue in November and was sent and invoice. My credit card has been billed. Right now my account says that the status is processing. What does processing mean exactly?

I've tried emailing them, calling them, using the webform, and now I'm asking for help here. Wtf is with this company anyway? This whole thing makes me really, really, nervous about the Teela statue I ordred not long ago.
Hey, welcome to the board. I take it you bought it through TH. How long has it been since your CC was billed? If you're an international customer that might affect the process. I'd just keep pluggin'. Seems to be hit or miss with communication. If all else fails, you can post in the TH fans FB group...or maybe someone else will lend a hand. TH has its issues, but I think they're well-intentioned. Even if you don't get your Hordak (not that you won't) you should get a refund. I wouldn't worry about that.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 08:39 AM   #38
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROE View Post

This went up for pre-order in May 2020, and presold out. How did you order direct from Tweeterhead in November?
grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 08:44 AM   #39
ROE
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Hey, welcome to the board. I take it you bought it through TH. How long has it been since your CC was billed? If you're an international customer that might affect the process. I'd just keep pluggin'. Seems to be hit or miss with communication. If all else fails, you can post in the TH fans FB group...or maybe someone else will lend a hand. TH has its issues, but I think they're well-intentioned. Even if you don't get your Hordak (not that you won't) you should get a refund. I wouldn't worry about that.
Thanks for the welcome and reply. My card was charged immediately upon purchase in November. Not international.

I guess I don't really have any choice but to keep trying. I reached out here in hopes that someone might have some advice on what to do next or might be able to lend a hand. As far as Tweeterhead goes I don't hate them or anything, but not being able to get in touch is a problem. I would just like to know what is going on with my account since my Teela order says the exact same thing as my Hordak order. Teela has already been charged and paid for as well.

If it comes to a refund I will be disappointed, but if that happens it needs to happen before this statue goes out of stock everywhere else.
Old 05-09-2021, 12:25 PM   #40
ROE
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
This went up for pre-order in May 2020, and presold out. How did you order direct from Tweeterhead in November?
Well, as best as I can recall I went to the site and clicked on the buy button. They sent me an invoice and charged my card. That's all I know at this point.

I just opened up my Tweeterhead account to look again and there are two orders. One for Hordak on Nov. 30, and one for Teela on Apr. 7. Both say processing, but I have been charged for both already.

I'm not worried about loosing my money. My credit card company has never failed to have my back on any purchase. I just like this MOTU line and would really like to have the statues to go with the ones I already have.

This is a copypasta from the site sans order numbers.

April 7, 2021 Processing Teela Maquette × 1 $449.99 for 1 item

November 30, 2020 Processing HORDAK, Legends Maquette × 1 $450.00 for 1 item