Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 05-09-2021, 12:33 PM   #41
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
This went up for pre-order in May 2020, and presold out. How did you order direct from Tweeterhead in November?
Maybe he bought the REG? My order lists is this way: "HORDAK, Legends EX Maquette × 1"
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 01:28 PM   #42
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Maybe he bought the REG? My order lists is this way: "HORDAK, Legends EX Maquette × 1"
That's what I'm trying to find out, if so then he's asking in the wrong place. The regular would be through Sideshow.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 04:00 PM   #43
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
That's what I'm trying to find out, if so then he's asking in the wrong place. The regular would be through Sideshow.
Didn't they sell the reg through TH too? It's showing up on the TH orders...
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 04:18 PM   #44
ROE
Frackin!

Quote:
I for sure bought it through Tweeterhead. Shows up right there on my account and was charged through Tweeterhead. Now if Sideshow fulfills those orders then...

After seeing SDguy's order it might be that I ordered the regular. I don't really care at this point if it is. I'm good with that. I just want to know what is going on. I guess I will just have to start a spam mail campaign on Monday. I don't want to make them mad but I'm not sure what else to do.
ROE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 04:26 PM   #45
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROE View Post
I for sure bought it through Tweeterhead. Shows up right there on my account and was charged through Tweeterhead. Now if Sideshow fulfills those orders then...

After seeing SDguy's order it might be that I ordered the regular. I don't really care at this point if it is. I'm good with that. I just want to know what is going on. I guess I will just have to start a spam mail campaign on Monday. I don't want to make them mad but I'm not sure what else to do.
I'd post in the TH fans group if you don't get help outside of there. That might get some eyes on the situation. If it all comes down to a refund then good news is there's still some on SS.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 04:48 PM   #46
nearmint
Phoenix

He couldn’t have got it from Sideshow for $450. They’re charging $475.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 06:37 PM   #47
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:

Email chad@tweeterhead.com he's gonna look into it tomorrow.
Old 05-10-2021, 11:10 AM   #48
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:

ROE could you DM me your name and if you have it the order number? They are trying to figure out what happened. It's easier if you DM me so they don't have to sift through a lot of emails.
Old 05-11-2021, 01:31 PM   #49
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
They did so far offer up the extra parts - just waiting to hear back how that would work. But, otherwise the only other option is a refund/return. No shot at getting an actual numbered EX.
Hey man... assuming* they get me sorted out on my replacement hand and get you sorted out with replacements... I don’t have any strong connection with having a numbered exclusive base. I’d be happy to trade your regular base/box for my exclusive base/box, if it matters to you. You could throw your regular base in the styrofoam/box and ship it to me, and I’d ship you my exclusive base/box back.

*: Last contact was a week ago... last Tuesday Gwen said she’d talk to Chad Wednesday or Thursday, but I haven’t heard back anything since.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 05:03 PM   #50
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
Hey man... assuming* they get me sorted out on my replacement hand and get you sorted out with replacements... I don’t have any strong connection with having a numbered exclusive base. I’d be happy to trade your regular base/box for my exclusive base/box, if it matters to you. You could throw your regular base in the styrofoam/box and ship it to me, and I’d ship you my exclusive base/box back.

*: Last contact was a week ago... last Tuesday Gwen said she’d talk to Chad Wednesday or Thursday, but I haven’t heard back anything since.
Thanks a lot for the offer! I'm not sure what's on the table yet, but I am getting pretty ambivalent towards this whole statue at this point. I hate to get too down on the whole thing since TH has usually come through in the past, but this one is just leaving a bad taste in my mouth and I'm leaning towards just returning the whole thing.

It's been almost 2 weeks since I got this and there isn't any real solution. Response times are lengthy and I can't say I am thrilled with watching the EX sell through on Ebay from Collector's Row. If I had screwed this up, I probably would have just bought one back from Collector's Row (since they share the same warehouse - they've sold 7 of their 8 so far), sent it to the customer, and had the customer send back the Reg. If they want to "build an EX" from there, go for it and see if Collector's Row wants to sell THAT.

If they are still looking for a solution, it would have been good to let me know. I sent one follow-up e-mail, but haven't heard back.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote