Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-13-2021, 02:59 AM   #1161
Python
Omega Red

I noticed on their Facebook page, they have deleted any threads relating to the Jungle Hunter shipping updates, the two I saw were fairly polite tbh. They have even deleted the comments relating to it on existing Jungle hunter topics and turned off the ability to comment on them. I guess this is the way Prime 1 are wanting to go, but it looks incredibly shady from the outside. A few short weeks ago they were easily my favourite collectible company by far, I was hoping for loads of things from them which I'd have paid a lot of money for. The last couple of weeks have left me viewing them with suspicion and disappointment (Charging me extra without asking, not replying to messages and censoring any shipping comments/queries on their group) They are sabotaging their customer base atm and it's sad to see.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:23 AM   #1162
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

P1 has done a lot of shady things from day 1, and many of their threads here detail how they try to control their social media with bans and deletions for anything negative, even legitimate complaints. No surprise from a company that started out by stealing from and/or exploiting a lot of digital artists.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:29 AM   #1163
Enomis
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I noticed on their Facebook page, they have deleted any threads relating to the Jungle Hunter shipping updates, the two I saw were fairly polite tbh. They have even deleted the comments relating to it on existing Jungle hunter topics and turned off the ability to comment on them. I guess this is the way Prime 1 are wanting to go, but it looks incredibly shandy from the outside. A few short weeks ago they were easily my favourite collectible company by far, I was hoping for loads of things from them which I'd have paid a lot of money for. The last couple of weeks have left me viewing them with suspicion and disappointment (Charging me extra without asking, not replying to messages and censoring any shipping comments/queries on their group) They are sabotaging their customer base atm and it's sad to see.
First time I've seen such behaviour... I think this is a terrible thing, censoring is the first tool of a dictatorship. Despite their statue may look great or not, this is my last "attempt" to purchase their statues
Enomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:33 AM   #1164
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

Wow- never knew they are shady! Please share more, I have lots of pre orders with them.
XIIIWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:49 AM   #1165
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

My shipping price went from $757 for standard shipping to $207 for economy.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 12:47 PM   #1166
Phart007
The X-Men

This was recently posted by a Moderator on their Prime 1 collectors group Facebook page.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5313CEA9-BFF5-4AD3-BC9A-249610E89202.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	246.5 KB
ID:	139360  
Phart007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 01:00 PM   #1167
dao2
Cyclops

Nothing but the truth there really :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 03:05 PM   #1168
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Nothing but the truth there really :P
Maybe, but there was only ever one comment at a time, they were pretty factual/respectful and all were deleted. It was hardly a dumping ground. People can post as many individual pictures and comments as they wish about the same batman statue over and over. But when an important topic such as our shipping costs going up 4x comes up, we aren't even allowed to talk about it as it's spamming? In this case, allow one thread to run, weed out the sh*t-posters and actually allow people to have the important discussion that needs to be had.

Also we aren't lucky enough to have a local retailer who sells at the RRP here like the USA guys. We have CDUK who are hit and miss, and in this case are even more expensive than the direct price even after accounting for the revised shipping costs.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 03:26 PM   #1169
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I get that people are irritated with shipping prices (both domestic and international), but Prime isn't really to blame. Maybe shipping companies are padding the rates, but I don't think Prime is doing it intentionally--no matter what some conspiracy theorists would have you believe. Hell, Sideshow just gave me a shipping quote from FedEx (who they've never used to ship to me) that was double the rate from UPS. I changed the shipping company on my order and got the lower rate. I feel like it's the same with Prime and economy/standard shipping rates. One is going to be higher and one is going to be lower. As long as the company changes the rate to the one I want, then that's all I can expect from them. So far, Prime has switched the two orders I have that had a giant rate so they've done what they were supposed to do. Can't reasonably ask for more than that.

Now, if the company isn't communicating when you request a shipping change or just charging customers without giving them a chance to change it, then I completely understand getting angry and blaming them. I just haven't personally had that experience with Prime. I can definitely understand them not wanting people slamming them in every post on social media about the shipping rates though. They can't do anything about the rates, but they can control their social media. I'm sure it's not warranted in every case, but people in this hobby can be unbelievably nasty and hateful when they don't get their way. I wouldn't allow customers to fill up my business's page with that nonsense either.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 03:33 PM   #1170
Halcyon
Loki

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phart007 View Post
This was recently posted by a Moderator on their Prime 1 collectors group Facebook page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Also we aren't lucky enough to have a local retailer who sells at the RRP here like the USA guys. We have CDUK who are hit and miss, and in this case are even more expensive than the direct price even after accounting for the revised shipping costs.
Retailers and wholesale increase their prices/profit and shipping too.
All cost go to the collectors.
Average discount for regular customers getting minimal too.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote