Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-09-2021, 11:53 AM   #121
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by never settle View Post
Y’all are savage… sheesh. Hoping you meant the pics were horrible and not the person was horrible. LOL.

I don’t think her colors are bad. But no amount of flash is gonna fix that star. I’m glad SSC has acknowledged my issue and is sending me a new body. Good luck with yours.
lol omg yes, the pics not the person...so sorry
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 11:53 AM   #122
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I think some collectors are reserving judgement until better pictures pop up because they've been around long enough to know how photo quality can affect the appearance of a piece.
Bingo! SD gets me
Old 06-09-2021, 11:55 AM   #123
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Thanks, Black Cat. I had just assumed they put the vids on IG and youtube. I never check their YouTube channel, so I missed it.

So they never get close to the statue, which is a little odd because in lots of their unboxing they are getting in to highlight the details. I did notice that the star is NOT damaged/scuffed up. So two people having that issue doesn't bode well. And I have always thought she lacked detail in the face, and the production piece is even less detailed. I do agree with you the suit colors are more vivid in the video than the photos, but I took that into account from the iPhone photos. It's her extra washed out portrait and that jacked up star that would have made me say "well, I tried, this piece aint for me/"

I do hope yours turns out great though - beat the odds!
And she probably will show up like that and she'll go right back...but I'm holding out just in case for now.
Old 06-09-2021, 11:57 AM   #124
nearmint
Phoenix

Looks like she came from the Hawkgirl factory.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 11:58 AM   #125
never settle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

yep.. out of the box vid looks pretty close to what i got to be honest, face, color, star, etc. You can even see that one from the video has the blem on the star (attached)..

under different lights mine looks just like that, a little smooty around its center..

good luck tho.. waiting on better pics because mines are honestly horrible and shouldnt be used as basis.. Anyhow, I'll also report back on my replacement body when it arrives as well!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cc.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	140148  
never settle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 11:59 AM   #126
never settle

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
lol omg yes, the pics not the person...so sorry
never settle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 01:04 PM   #127
SkilledButton
Nightwing

I almost never thrash a piece that I don't like because everyone has a different opinion and SOME people probably do like it....

But I have a hard time understanding how this is acceptable to anyone, the prototype pictures are NOTHING like the production piece. IMO, it's such a stark drop in quality, it almost doesn't look like the same piece to me.

Maybe it's poor lighting/pictures, I can't say .... but yikes

If another company did this, there would be 30 pages panning said piece by now.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 01:27 PM   #128
ljspiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Looks like she came from the Hawkgirl factory.
Funny, I was thinking how much the likeness, colors, and face shape seemed like Hawkgirl, too. And as bit of the same problems too, for my taste.

But I recall a lot of folks were happier with Hawkgirl in hand as opposed to some photos. Perhaps CM will be the same. I'd like to see more in-hand pics. -)
ljspiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 01:31 PM   #129
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljspiper View Post
Funny, I was thinking how much the likeness, colors, and face shape seemed like Hawkgirl, too. And as bit of the same problems too, for my taste.

But I recall a lot of folks were happier with Hawkgirl in hand as opposed to some photos. Perhaps CM will be the same. I'd like to see more in-hand pics. -)
I remember there were some excellent repaints of Hawkgirl.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 01:53 PM   #130
SwanShadow
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljspiper View Post

I own Hawkgirl, and in person, she's absolutely spectacular. I can't speak for others' pieces, but mine has zero production flaws, and both portraits -- especially the unmasked one -- are gorgeous.

Sucks about this Captain Marvel, though. Carol is one of my favorite characters, and I didn't purchase this statue only because it's 1:5 scale. (I didn't get the recent Black Panther piece for the same reason.) I have the new XM 1:4 Carol on preorder.
SwanShadow is offline   Reply With Quote