Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-09-2021, 09:39 PM   #1571
Quazzy
Doh!

So I’ve asked this before, I’m still new this scale. Don’t laugh like they did then. I have this showing up, you know in the next month or so. How do you all display something like this? I’ve ordered some cabinets from ikea, as some suggested. Is there nothing else? What do you true professionals use?? On a budget. Is there anywhere you can direct me / our other orderers who are in a hard place.
Quazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 09:44 PM   #1572
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazzy View Post
So I’ve asked this before, I’m still new this. Don’t laugh like they did then. I have this showing up, you know in the next month or so. How do you all display something like this? I’ve ordered some cabinets from ikea. As some suggested. Is there nothing else? What do you true professionals use??
sorry i had to

If you bought enclosed cabinets, i recommend a nice LED lighting strip or LED light bar. what cabinets did you get? i hope you got something big.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:14 PM   #1573
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazzy View Post
So I’ve asked this before, I’m still new this scale. Don’t laugh like they did then. I have this showing up, you know in the next month or so. How do you all display something like this? I’ve ordered some cabinets from ikea, as some suggested. Is there nothing else? What do you true professionals use?? On a budget. Is there anywhere you can direct me / our other orderers who are in a hard place.
The answer to this question will depend on your budget and what kind of display you want.

For me, the display is as important as the statue itself. If you're spending $3000 on a statue, do you want to put it on $300 shelving?

I'd suggest you work with a custom cabinet maker to design the ideal display for your space. It'll definitely cost more, but something worth saving for.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:41 PM   #1574
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
From what I've seen his armor has A TON of weathering
Not even close to original movie Predator weathering.
Metal armor is still visible but they used ton of green/brown wash. That's a ton of weathering :

Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:52 PM   #1575
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
Not even close to original movie Predator weathering.
Metal armor is still visible but they used ton of green/brown wash. That's a ton of weathering :

As an owner of this piece, I can say that there is weathering to the armor. Stylistically, it is different from the movie. Based on the stills you showed here, aesthetically, I think I prefer the statue to the movie version.
Old 06-09-2021, 11:02 PM   #1576
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
As an owner of this piece, I can say that there is weathering to the armor. Stylistically, it is different from the movie. Based on the stills you showed here, aesthetically, I think I prefer the statue to the movie version.
From a production point of view that level of weathering is probably impossible to achieve. I totally get it.
On original Predator every piece of armor was weathered. Nothing was 100% clean looking.
Old 06-09-2021, 11:13 PM   #1577
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
From a production point of view that level of weathering is probably impossible to achieve. I totally get it.
Probably not. Although I don't think that was the intended look they were going for.
Old 06-09-2021, 11:24 PM   #1578
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Probably not. Although I don't think that was the intended look they were going for.
They've added texture to the armor and bio mask. Predator armor in the movie was 100% flat. Every battle damage mark was painted. Not sculpted.
Old 06-09-2021, 11:24 PM   #1579
pau123
Sailor Moon

Judging from the foto of the movie. I prefer the statue armor weather look. I think in movie it looks good because most of the scene is not in bright light and he is constantly moving. Pretty sure if they did it lke the brighter greenish color like in movies, some collectors will be displeased by it too when in hand.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 11:26 PM   #1580
pau123
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Maybe shoudl post a foto of actual movie set(behind the scene), next to it is the statue. I myself prefer the statue.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote