Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-09-2021, 01:00 PM   #91
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Neck is too long, head is too small, likeness isn't there and this is way too expensive for such a basic design.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 01:23 PM   #92
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Although the likeness isn't perfect, this is still a really good sculpt. My changes would be cosmetic with the paint: Brighten the blue in her eyes and darken her hair from brown to black.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 11:02 PM   #93
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbloodedboy View Post
$1299 is the price on Prime 1’s website.

uh...so...that massive Daenerys, with the three dragons and and 22" wide base was priced $100 less?

$800-$900 I would have honestly been very tempted, despite having some serious reservation/disappointment with aspects of the likeness.

$1200 is good for a laugh and an eye roll, and helps steel my resolve to exit this hobby after my last several POs come in.

A large LC WW had absolutely been on my "if you could have anything" wish-list too, but this is getting ridiculous.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 01:13 AM   #94
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post

uh...so...that massive Daenerys, with the three dragons and and 22" wide base was priced $100 less?

$800-$900 I would have honestly been very tempted, despite having some serious reservation/disappointment with aspects of the likeness.

$1200 is good for a laugh and an eye roll, and helps steel my resolve to exit this hobby after my last several POs come in.

A large LC WW had absolutely been on my "if you could have anything" wish-list too, but this is getting ridiculous.
I'm with you on this. These companies seem to be watching each others pricing, and thinking, because JND is charging $2k they can as well.

They're changing their pricing, but not the value proposition in the statues themselves.

I won't be quitting the hobby, but I'll be putting my money in very specific pieces.

My guess is, many of these laughable products will be sitting on the shelf, and be available at seriously heavy discounts in the future.

I bought my last P1 piece a little while ago, at more than 33% reduced, and it was a piece that was (literally) sitting in their inventory for YEARS........I just pity the poor saps who paid the original retail asking price.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 06:59 AM   #95
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
I can't disagree... Something is off. On this statue, from the top of the hip to the knee, the measurement is three times the height of the head. Try at home, measure yourself, and you'll see. The thigh is way too big.
But if you only consider the torso, the size of the head looks ok...
This was the same issue with the 1/3 Justice League WW, legs too long
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 07:21 AM   #96
BurningRage
Inhumans

Guess the torso is pvc. Could’ve done a switch out torso with a bust stand.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 07:49 AM   #97
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I'm with you on this. These companies seem to be watching each others pricing, and thinking, because JND is charging $2k they can as well.

They're changing their pricing, but not the value proposition in the statues themselves.

I won't be quitting the hobby, but I'll be putting my money in very specific pieces.

My guess is, many of these laughable products will be sitting on the shelf, and be available at seriously heavy discounts in the future.

I bought my last P1 piece a little while ago, at more than 33% reduced, and it was a piece that was (literally) sitting in their inventory for YEARS........I just pity the poor saps who paid the original retail asking price.
You nailed it right there. While price and cost have nothing to do with each other, price and value do. I think these statue companies are forgetting that price and value should be correlated, but when you compare their products against their respective prices, there’s a glaring disconnect. A good example is what pdenham mentioned about the LC WW and that chick from GOT.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 08:21 AM   #98
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Posted by 권남형:

The Prime 1 eye's look on point. Unlike the real Lynda Carter who appears to have wonky/outward pointing eyes.
The Prime 1 piece appears to feature a longer neck.
The earrings/ears should be lowered slightly (too lower nostril level) on the Prime 1 piece.
Prime 1 should possibly darken her hair. The black hair, blue eye combo appears to be absent.
The Prime 1 gold tiara could use some tweaking, both in shape and color (cheap chrome gold would be perfect)
Got effort from Prime 1. The price has priced me out.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 08:39 AM   #99
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

The neck is too long, but other than that it looks good. I was hoping for $1000, but I’m buying this for my mom so I have no choice but to bite the bullet and get this.
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 09:01 AM   #100
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

It would have been my first Prime 1 Statue... but not for $1300... I was expecting a 800/900 price.... Besides, they only gave us 6 installments rather than 8 or 9.... It gives you an idea of what the new predator will cost with all the details and lighting... I will be surprised if it is less than $2500
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote