Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 06-10-2021, 08:39 AM   #1261
Shinobu Sensui
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
You could load them into Photoshop, then copy and save them. If any load into Photoshop upside down etc they can be corrected in Photoshop.
I was thinking of doing some editing via Photoshop. I'll have to look at it later however. I was going to do a bunch of cropping and things too. I just wanted to upload it fast since someone requested them.

If I get the classic I might just do some shots together with better lighting and crop them when I have a moment.

Not a bad idea.
Shinobu Sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 09:46 AM   #1262
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Niiice!

you need the whole set....i think bbts still has the regular decapre....no need to explain about the distortion on the pics....i think we all know that her badonkadonk is at least twice the size of her head....
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 11:30 AM   #1263
Shinobu Sensui

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
Niiice!

you need the whole set....i think bbts still has the regular decapre....no need to explain about the distortion on the pics....i think we all know that her badonkadonk is at least twice the size of her head....
I would sincerely love to but I truly don't have the space. I have the dining table (where I use my laptop) and the closet as of now. I also want to move them to the closet if I have a lot of company over as I don't want people knocking it over or messing with them too much (getting stains on the fabric). It's a rare occurrence but still something to consider.

That said I definitely see why people get into collecting them. Who knows what I will get later on, but these are fine for now.

I think the body proportions can still surprise people when they get them in person. Even I wasn't expecting her legs to be 70% of her body and her butt to be twice the side of her head.

Not that I'm complaining because I think it looks great!
Old 06-10-2021, 01:27 PM   #1264
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobu Sensui View Post
I would sincerely love to but I truly don't have the space. I have the dining table (where I use my laptop) and the closet as of now. I also want to move them to the closet if I have a lot of company over as I don't want people knocking it over or messing with them too much (getting stains on the fabric). It's a rare occurrence but still something to consider.

That said I definitely see why people get into collecting them. Who knows what I will get later on, but these are fine for now.

I think the body proportions can still surprise people when they get them in person. Even I wasn't expecting her legs to be 70% of her body and her butt to be twice the side of her head.

Not that I'm complaining because I think it looks great!
i heard and seen guys on here using space as an excuse to limit statue buying....but then later if you stay in the hobby long enough with more statues with better designs being made and you just have to have....space no longer becomes an issue and guys always find ways to make more space....ever thought about hanging shelves off your ceiling? theres many different ways to macguyver space for statues even 1/3 to 1:1 scale replicas
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 01:57 PM   #1265
Shinobu Sensui

Nah. I see what you mean, but I'm already a bit of a minimalist as it is. I've seen what clutter can do to people. Had to help my parents move 5 storage sheds full of clutter and then some.

I tend to be a "less is more" type of person. I do think a couple of statues is okay. I don't think I want a house full of them everywhere. It's a lot to keep up with and I like to keep things simple. I'm always tossing things out so I'm big on decluttering.

I'm on the move all of the time for business as well so it's even more important.

Now I do a lot of drawing and art but that takes up way less space!

I'll look at you guys and your collections and live vicariously through you!
Old 06-10-2021, 02:28 PM   #1266
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Less is more is right. I've been collecting "collector" type action figures since like 2000, and statues not much after. To me, figures and statues are the same thing on a high level - it's a figural representation of a character I like. My collecting journey is chasing better sculpts, details, paint, and value. 90%+ of what I've ever owned, I don't have anymore. A few regrets here and there, but nah, don't miss any of it. The memories in context with family and friends and such are enough for me. I feel less of a connection to most statues being made today. I just don't get into any new fandoms anymore, ya know? That said if it looks cool, the sculpt style and colors draw me in some way, I'd get it, but it has to be grounded in something relatable to me. Nostalgia is overrated, and has led me to making most of my regret purchases.

It all comes down to curation. Rotate things if you have to, but don't keep anything in "storage". 2D is great, and even better if you draw it - it balances out the consumption part.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 03:09 PM   #1267
qz33
Rescue

^ No one likes to admit too much of a good thing exists!

And the easier something is to create the less value (of various kinds) it posses.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 03:56 PM   #1268
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Yep, we all have the same ~16 waking hours in a day, and after subtracting all the usual commitments we're left with time scraps that may go into some type of escapism.

And on your last point, oh yeah! People want everything faster and easier now, but paradoxically demand more exclusivity, quality, beauty, etc. You just can't gamify real life, man, min-maxing everything. People think by slowing down they'll miss something. It's the opposite.

On a side note, I low-key feel that 3D sculpting has ruined statues in a sense(obvs the economy has wrecked it good among other things, complex topic), as mediocre figure sculpts can hide behind clean, finely-grained, computer-assisted texture work, parts reuse, mirroring, and other techniques. A lot of shockingly good 3D sculptors these days, but I worry sometimes that the disconnect in the sculpting process takes something away from creating a real object. Prototyping 3D prints helps, but adds time and cost. Maybe a hybrid approach? I'm all for 3D, but it lowered the bar, and many will misuse it, that's all.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 04:47 PM   #1269
Shinobu Sensui

Yea I believe our culture has a big emphasis on more and more and more. We want the bigger house, more stuff, and more possessions. People get caught up in debt and clutter and then don't even remember what the money went to. I have a friend who bought an 8000 sqft home and it was massive. Had two kitchens, a gym, and even a sauna. The normal bedrooms were like master bedrooms. Eventually he sold it at a big loss because the market was down at the time and he bought during the 06 housing boom. He ended up downsizing because he never used much of it outside of the occasional get together.

I've focused on growing my business and living simply. I have 800 an sqft apartment and I got it a great price near downtown. It's all I need. I've toyed with the idea of getting a larger home, but why add so much extra expense and maintenance for things I don't need when I can have freedom instead? I want to live light and be on the move. Having a lot of things to maintain would make that difficult. It's why I also don't have pets. Not that there is anything wrong with it but we all tailor our lives to our own situations.

When I see videos of people with pets, especially exotic or unique pets like bears or wolves, I think it's awesome. I however know in reality it would be waaaaay too much for me to handle so I just look at other people enjoy them and get fulfillment with that.

I agree with you Megatron about the new stuff. I'm just getting old and it's hard to get into things. I like this statue because I always had a fond love for the Alpha 3, CvS2, and Marvel days and she had that look. Plus the statue looks great to me.

The funny thing is I remember playing SF1 in the arcade by my grandmother's as a kid. That really brings back memories.

The good ol' days.
Old 06-11-2021, 05:20 AM   #1270
Shinobu Sensui

Sorry for the double post (I didn't want it to get lost in my previous sea of text) but curious question.

Have you guys had these items shipped with USPS before? How did you like it?

I normally don't like using them for expensive and especially fragile items like a laptop or this. I even had an employee there saying they wouldn't use USPS for those things either.

I clicked it quickly when I was checking out as it was the last statue. I was a bit concerned about it having problems or getting damaged.

What are your thoughts?

Edit. Never mind I changed it to UPS.

Thanks.