Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-10-2021, 01:07 PM   #1581
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazzy View Post
So I’ve asked this before, I’m still new this scale. Don’t laugh like they did then. I have this showing up, you know in the next month or so. How do you all display something like this? I’ve ordered some cabinets from ikea, as some suggested. Is there nothing else? What do you true professionals use?? On a budget. Is there anywhere you can direct me / our other orderers who are in a hard place.
Yea, I wouldn't buy those IKEA display cases. They are small and cheap looking, plus the glass shelves are pretty thin. (Can't hold weight)

I've bought 5 nice jewelry display cases over the years off people on Craigslist. Two of my cases were $2800 new when the person bought them retail and I got them for $300 each, because I know how to haggle. They have all glass sides, (no ugly wood) thick 3/4" adjustable shelves, lights and a lock & key.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 05:51 PM   #1582
Quazzy
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Yea, I wouldn't buy those IKEA display cases. They are small and cheap looking, plus the glass shelves are pretty thin. (Can't hold weight)

I've bought 5 nice jewelry display cases over the years off people on Craigslist. Two of my cases were $2800 new when the person bought them retail and I got them for $300 each, because I know how to haggle. They have all glass sides, (no ugly wood) thick 3/4" adjustable shelves, lights and a lock & key.
You got lucky man, no luck I’m my area. I’ll keep looking.
The one I ordered doesn’t have glass shelves, the PAX, the biggest they sell. They are solid wood. I plan to use a sheet of lexan, plexiglass or similar, but by the time I pay for this and and the plastic I’ll be well over 300. Still not bad I guess. I have to check out what I can do. I bought this cabinet before I bought the Alita bust. This cabinet won’t fit that unfortunately. It’s not deep enough, it’s off by like 1.725 inches.
Quazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 06:48 PM   #1583
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazzy View Post
You got lucky man, no luck I’m my area. I’ll keep looking.
The one I ordered doesn’t have glass shelves, the PAX, the biggest they sell. They are solid wood. I plan to use a sheet of lexan, plexiglass or similar, but by the time I pay for this and and the plastic I’ll be well over 300. Still not bad I guess. I have to check out what I can do. I bought this cabinet before I bought the Alita bust. This cabinet won’t fit that unfortunately. It’s not deep enough, it’s off by like 1.725 inches.
That's a bummer it won't fit man. Yea, you're not going to find a good one the 1st day you look on there, but keep looking once a week or so and one will pop up eventually. I'm lucky, but not that lucky. They do come up occasionally. Search for: Glass Display Case or Glass Display Curio. Lot's of stores are closing out of business these days.

I personally like the one's that are all glass with no frames on the sides, like the common wooden typical display cabinets. Frames on them (wood) obstructs your viewing angles, especially when standing from the side.

Good Luck,
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 09:58 PM   #1584
Quazzy
Doh!

Nobody here has any questions? I can’t be the only one, let’s keep this active and let’s learn. On that note, veterans, teach the new ones. You we all new at some point too, what would you do different given the chance?
Quazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:13 PM   #1585
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Paint job is definitely not inspired by 1987 Predator. It's more brownish color. That's why they call it Cover Art Predator.

Review by xenom0rph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QnTqsKBnQg

Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 11:28 PM   #1586
pau123
Sailor Moon

Work of art
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 11:33 PM   #1587
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Awesome photo! That Biomask looks great.

I've been switching up all of my portraits since I got it. Such a fun piece!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 01:02 PM   #1588
Ljaat
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

In Xeno's vid the head looks more tilted/angled than some of the pics. Has there been a consensus about the angle of the head yet?

I'm waiting for the IS JH reveal to kinda make a decision on this. The 1/3 I don't really have the space for, or want to pay the price it will prolly be.
Ljaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 01:46 PM   #1589
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljaat View Post
In Xeno's vid the head looks more tilted/angled than some of the pics. Has there been a consensus about the angle of the head yet?

I'm waiting for the IS JH reveal to kinda make a decision on this. The 1/3 I don't really have the space for, or want to pay the price it will prolly be.
The head angle depends on how you position the dreads. They're rubbery and can be manipulated. You really have to work them in to get the head in the intended position.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 11:41 PM   #1590
pau123
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
The head angle depends on how you position the dreads. They're rubbery and can be manipulated. You really have to work them in to get the head in the intended position.
Are the dreads fragile, since you have to work them in to get the head in the right angle?
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote