Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-21-2021, 02:02 PM   #251
SDguy

Scarecrow and Joker look phenomenal next to each other.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 02:09 PM   #252
CapTrenchcoat
Mephisto

Yeah they do. I was hoping to see Black Adam there too but he must be off being printed or something.
CapTrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 02:10 PM   #253
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapTrenchcoat View Post
Yeah they do. I was hoping to see Black Adam there too but he must be off being printed or something.
Was Ivy there? I didn't see her either....
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 02:14 PM   #254
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Was Ivy there? I didn't see her either....
She was weirdly on her own pedestal. Would have been nice to see all 3 villains together.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 02:32 PM   #255
Demona
Lex Luthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
I just don't think the base needed to be that large and elaborate if it was going to raise the price that much. I mean...c'mon. The base for John Stewart was perfect in my opinion.
But here is the thing - once Ivy, Joker, and Harley were all big bases - all other Batman rogues have to be as well. If not, the other rogues will stand out both good and bad. Look at how good Scarecrow and Joker look together.

John doesn't have to be elaborate because he is a Lantern, not a Batman rogue. TH is smart to do the entire Batman line elaborate to keep it cohesive. HOWEVER, I don't need that for every other subset of statues. In fact, I don't want that. I too like a sleek, but storytelling base like John's.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 03:29 PM   #256
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
But here is the thing - once Ivy, Joker, and Harley were all big bases - all other Batman rogues have to be as well. If not, the other rogues will stand out both good and bad. Look at how good Scarecrow and Joker look together.

John doesn't have to be elaborate because he is a Lantern, not a Batman rogue. TH is smart to do the entire Batman line elaborate to keep it cohesive. HOWEVER, I don't need that for every other subset of statues. In fact, I don't want that. I too like a sleek, but storytelling base like John's.
I see what you're saying, but I mix Bowens with their simple and more complex bases...looks fine to me. If it keeps costs down and saves space I'm all for simpler bases with some more complex ones sprinkled in. Keeping my SP Joker and Bud & Lou so that's a start.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 04:09 PM   #257
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Igo on FB for those interested...

"Large bases being the norm definitely is not the goal. Some pieces got away from us and we're trying to find that balance... when to do more simplistic bases, and when more base and context helps elevate the piece.
Scarecrow to us was a unique situation where we thought the context was warranted."
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 04:35 PM   #258
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Igo on FB for those interested...

"Large bases being the norm definitely is not the goal. Some pieces got away from us and we're trying to find that balance... when to do more simplistic bases, and when more base and context helps elevate the piece.
Scarecrow to us was a unique situation where we thought the context was warranted."
I'm glad to see there's awareness for the situation, but color me not convinced until we see a few more pieces that don't have that footprint or price. I'm of the mind that a project shouldn't get away from an art director, no matter the excitement level to be working on it.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 05:30 PM   #259
Mister H
Ultimates

Scarecrow is one of Batman’s best villains so IMO the grandiose base makes sense. In fact I’d like to see all of Bat’s main baddies have a cool base.

……but then we have the debate about his “main baddies” again.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 05:39 PM   #260
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Well if you think about it the catwoman statue that was done also had a very large base
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote