Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-21-2021, 04:39 PM   #1791
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
duplicate post...might as well make it fun!
The old head is just one giant rat. Did not look like an alien.. or a mantis.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 04:45 PM   #1792
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyguy666 View Post
You sound ignorant. Leave the internet.
If you don’t have anything constructive to say just be quiet.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 04:52 PM   #1793
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Which Prime 1 statues do you have that are light and brittle?

Their statues are nice and heavy weight solid! It's not like Sideshow with their hallow egg shell statues!

For example, I had to force the leg of my Scorpion Alien in it's tight peg hole, lol... and the leg felt like a crow bar! I was worried at 1st I could accidentally break it off, but they're not cheap brittle polystone resin. Not the ones I got at least.
This guy doesn't touch prime 1 statues or any high end collectible. His posts on page 101 and 102 sprouts the same nonsense.

He 'believes' JND and QS can exceed this if they make predator statues. At the same time, he sh!ts on JND and QS statues including the 1/3 catwoman as he claims it's just plastic. ​Basically any company who charges high prices for a collectible (interestingly he doesn't do so often for sideshow statues, not yet anyway) he never stops ranting about the price people pay for plastics and conveniently forgets the amount of mind power, labour works that go into the designs. It's fine to state your opinions but to repeat it on every other thread over and over and over again
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 05:02 PM   #1794
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
The old head is just one giant rat. Did not look like an alien.. or a mantis.
Possibly the most ridiculous creature I’ve ever seen.

Could you imagine this movie with this cast of actors with THAT monster

What I find interesting is Stan Winston credits James Cameron as the one who came up with the idea of the Predator having mandibles. But as I look at this abomination the lower jaw does look like it has mandibles ...not like the Predator but still.

What’s the craziest thing is The Predator as we know him was conceived and produced and delivered onset in SIX WEEKS. they made this historic character in a matter of SIX WEEKS.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 05:23 PM   #1795
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
This guy doesn't touch prime 1 statues or any high end collectible. His posts on page 101 and 102 sprouts the same nonsense.

He 'believes' JND and QS can exceed this if they make predator statues. At the same time, he sh!ts on JND and QS statues including the 1/3 catwoman as he claims it's just plastic. ​Basically any company who charges high prices for a collectible (interestingly he doesn't do so often for sideshow statues, not yet anyway) he never stops ranting about the price people pay for plastics and conveniently forgets the amount of mind power, labour works that go into the designs. It's fine to state your opinions but to repeat it on every other thread over and over and over again
Yeah, some people got a bash on sh** they ain't buying to feel better... (Oh well) I got news for you...this statue will out live me! I don't know what he's talking about? If you leave one in a hot barn for a decade, the paint will suffer and it may loose some fine details, but my stuff ain't being displayed in a hot barn,____so I'm straight.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 05:29 PM   #1796
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Yeah, some people got a bash on sh** they ain't buying to feel better...
Exactly!
Old 07-21-2021, 05:51 PM   #1797
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid75 View Post
I'm still waiting as well. A 1/3 Keaton made with the same care as this Predator is my Grail.
Keaton is by far my favorite batman. It would be awesome if he becomes the grail piece for batman statues.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 07:01 PM   #1798
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Keaton is by far my favorite batman. It would be awesome if he becomes the grail piece for batman statues.
Not to derail this thread…

But look how flipping fantastic their Kilmer 1/3 is…

Just think if they did 89 or 92?
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 07:09 PM   #1799
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by predators87 View Post
I noticed that in some photos you can also see hair in the legs. Are they also present in the scenes shot for the movie?
Yes, they are present in the movie. Watch the scene when Pred was fixing his gunshot wounds : There are more quills on the left side :

Old 07-21-2021, 07:16 PM   #1800
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I bet if the quills were brought to Prime 1's attention, they may be able to add them on the legs. That's an easy thing to add compared to some of the other changes they already addressed. If they are shooting for accuracy, they might as well throw a few on.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote