Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-21-2021, 08:16 PM   #211
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Wonder Woman is only 5’10. I’m cool with he being shorter than Superman and Batman. It makes sense.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 08:44 PM   #212
AC_808
Hercules

This is such a beautiful sculpt! This is definitely a day 1 PO for me!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 08:46 PM   #213
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Wonder Woman is only 5’10. I’m cool with he being shorter than Superman and Batman. It makes sense.
Gal Gadot is 5'10". Wonder Woman's height has been anywhere from 5'8" to 6'2" over the years. Some depictions even have her taller than Batman or Superman.
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 10:29 PM   #214
Dark Knight.
Birdman

I totally love the pose, it’s gorgeous. Really perfect sculpt. However, I’m probably in the minority but the base confuses me and I agree with some of the other posts that it may draw attention away. Plus it’s gonna drive up the price
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 10:30 PM   #215
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I do not think that Wonder Woman needs to be the exact same height as Superman and Batman, I just think it would be nice if the statue of the 3 characters could be closer in height to each other.

But that is true, Wonder Woman's height has fluctuated over the years.

I actually think a cool base would have been on her Invisible Plane. I think someone said that was done before but if she would have been on the wing or the front of the Invisible Plane that would have looked very cool.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 10:46 PM   #216
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I do not think that Wonder Woman needs to be the exact same height as Superman and Batman, I just think it would be nice if the statue of the 3 characters could be closer in height to each other.

I actually think a cool base would have been on her Invisible Plane. I think someone said that was done before but if she would have been on the wing or the front of the Invisible Plane that would have looked very cool.
Sounds like a cool concept.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 10:51 PM   #217
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Quote:

That's a great idea -not done before as far as I know. The Funko POP doesn't count. Haha.
Old 07-21-2021, 11:42 PM   #218
Frogtown
Fantastic Four

Quote:

Always loved how Darwyn Cooke depicted her slightly taller than Superman and Batman.

Frogtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:29 AM   #219
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Ohhhh Darwyn Cook. Love his art so much.

I would be cool for display purposes if Ares could be removed and that piece of rock she is standing on be in the flames. It's the only spot where I think height can be reduced. I'm sure she will fit where I want her to go. But man, it's looking tall - especially if they went the more often used 6' height.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 09:10 AM   #220
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Ohhhh Darwyn Cook. Love his art so much.

I would be cool for display purposes if Ares could be removed and that piece of rock she is standing on be in the flames. It's the only spot where I think height can be reduced. I'm sure she will fit where I want her to go. But man, it's looking tall - especially if they went the more often used 6' height.
Absolutely. If a piece ever needed an alternate base option, it's this one. It would be nice to have the one shown and one with a much smaller height and profile...which would also match the 2.0 pieces better.