Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 06-28-2021, 09:13 PM   #91
|Tch0rT|
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Love the pics!

Looks like mine will be here Friday. Guess I'll be making space lol.
|Tch0rT| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 03:10 PM   #92
|Tch0rT|
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The base looks so much better in person and bigger! Those boxes are huge!

|Tch0rT| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 06:03 AM   #93
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Congrats man! You're right the base is better in person and the whole thing is huge!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 12:41 PM   #94
MechWestern
Sailor Moon

I just got this in, and I have to say... I like it so much, it's a shame they aren't doing more!
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 02:57 PM   #95
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechWestern View Post
I just got this in, and I have to say... I like it so much, it's a shame they aren't doing more!
Did you take pictures?

I can't wait to get mine.

They aren't doing any more? I was hoping they'd make Tiamat
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 02:54 AM   #96
Toefur
Frackin!

Anyone have problems with the claws on the body that go over the peak of the base? Mine doesn't want to sit right and one claw actually snapped off. Looking at these pictures, and a video on youtube, their claw lines up with the indentation like it should, but mine doesn't, it hits the raised ridge to the left of it causing it to break off. Im guessing one of the key holes must be slightly off. A side effect is that the tail doesn't sit quite flush either. The seam is quite visible compared to the other pics and vids I've seen. I've never had this kind of problem with a statue before.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210723_024011.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	141450   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210723_025823.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	226.1 KB
ID:	141451   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210723_025908.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	297.8 KB
ID:	141452   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210723_025933.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	333.1 KB
ID:	141453  
Toefur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 11:27 AM   #97
The Merovingian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I didn't have an issue with the hand; instead I had an issue with the wings fitting properly. There was a slight gap on the left and right wing at the fitting points. I had to work with the insertion a bit until I got it to look "acceptable". Initially, the seam on the back of my statue's tail looked like yours, but I was able to work the fitting of the tail in a more snug way as it wrapped around the castle. Unfortunately, the look of back tail seam is directly dependent on how well your tail piece will fit into the base as it wraps around the castle. Personally, I think that these pieces contracted and expanded from the heat during the shipment and some pieces might pose a challenge to fit properly.
The Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:01 PM   #98
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechWestern View Post
Theyre doing Tiamat!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:19 PM   #99
Toefur
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Merovingian View Post
I didn't have an issue with the hand; instead I had an issue with the wings fitting properly. There was a slight gap on the left and right wing at the fitting points. I had to work with the insertion a bit until I got it to look "acceptable". Initially, the seam on the back of my statue's tail looked like yours, but I was able to work the fitting of the tail in a more snug way as it wrapped around the castle. Unfortunately, the look of back tail seam is directly dependent on how well your tail piece will fit into the base as it wraps around the castle. Personally, I think that these pieces contracted and expanded from the heat during the shipment and some pieces might pose a challenge to fit properly.
These pictures are from the one and only time I got the body to sit on the base without the claw snapping off, it did make a slight cracking noise though so I know it's just barely holding on. One attempt I was able to get the tail to be more flush by adjusting the body a bit, but then the claw snapped off. There's no way to glue the claw back once it's put together as the ridge prevents the claw from re-attaching flush so there's a visible gap. I contacted SS and there are no replacements available, so I have to decided between a refund or a gift card.
Toefur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:22 PM   #100
The Merovingian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toefur View Post
Anyone have problems with the claws on the body that go over the peak of the base? Mine doesn't want to sit right and one claw actually snapped off. Looking at these pictures, and a video on youtube, their claw lines up with the indentation like it should, but mine doesn't, it hits the raised ridge to the left of it causing it to break off. Im guessing one of the key holes must be slightly off. A side effect is that the tail doesn't sit quite flush either. The seam is quite visible compared to the other pics and vids I've seen. I've never had this kind of problem with a statue before.
In addition to my earlier msg., you might want to try lifting the body portion up just a little and then maneuver the tail section underneath. That's what I did to get a better look regarding the back tail seam.

The Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote