Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 10-02-2021, 05:40 AM   #521
Joppula
Marshal Law

I really hope he’s selling well
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 05:43 AM   #522
Joppula
Marshal Law

Duplicate post
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 03:51 PM   #523
Biggunz
Loki

Whose with me!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ACB6A9ED-9861-4EE0-BF6D-5E0E6D6BF4C1.jpeg
Views:	28
Size:	585.6 KB
ID:	143084  
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 05:07 PM   #524
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Still not convinced in buying Hugo at that price. Maybe I should wait for this to happen:

vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 08:19 PM   #525
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Whose with me!!!!
Okay I can't help but join in on this. Al Bundy is my hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post
Still not convinced in buying Hugo at that price. Maybe I should wait for this to happen:

I doubt it will ever be on clearance for the simple fact PCS would not want to offer the opportunity or set such a precedent.

This will pretty much be made to order or it will not happen at all. Most of the PCS bargain bin is of pieces with inflated demand when solicited which decreased prior to delivery. As is evident by the striving to get Hugo made and the conversations in this very thread Hugo has no such demand.

Here's the thing though: Why Hugo? Did PCS just have to turn out a product to retain the license? Obviously the remainder of the unproduced SSFII cast would at least be more recognizable. Maybe they are testing do package deals like action figures.
They could have gone with 2 versions of Cammy and offered her with a mix and match of Fei Long, DeeJay, or T. Hawk. At least then people would have known there was some certainty of more characters than just 1 more new one (Hugo).

If Hugo gets delivered then why not other MK characters or Skeletor and Panthor or any other niche character that does not have large customer potential?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 10:03 PM   #526
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
This will pretty much be made to order or it will not happen at all. Most of the PCS bargain bin is of pieces with inflated demand when solicited which decreased prior to delivery. As is evident by the striving to get Hugo made and the conversations in this very thread Hugo has no such demand.

Here's the thing though: Why Hugo? Did PCS just have to turn out a product to retain the license? Obviously the remainder of the unproduced SSFII cast would at least be more recognizable. Maybe they are testing do package deals like action figures.
They could have gone with 2 versions of Cammy and offered her with a mix and match of Fei Long, DeeJay, or T. Hawk. At least then people would have known there was some certainty of more characters than just 1 more new one (Hugo).
I believe there are a few factors already stated in this thread which indicate "Why Hugo?", but I'd love to hear it straight from PCS.

One thing I know though - the communication is weak. This original 1:4 museum line is unlike most in the hobby. It's lasted longer and gone deeper than many. If there is any desire to continue it, the communication should improve.

I'm a potential customer. I have no idea what's going on with their Street Fighter lines. The prior owner was much better with this. I've asked the question and have gotten nebulous answers for years, with long bouts of radio silence.

Hugo is revealed, along with some vague threat of the line ending. He's not mixed-media, but I see a post on fb stating it's not an absolute rule going forward. Ok...more mystery. Is it the simplicity of the costume that dictates it? Or how 'skin tight' it is? As I've said, if it's the factories that are the issue, and it's just not worth it, fine, state it, and mark some transition so people like me can justify continuing. For example, I like the Poison rerelease for this reason. Same basic statue, released both ways (no, not THAT way... ) But, mark the switch to full sculpt with a recent male rerelease as well! How about...Guile. Same pose, but fully sculpted SFV default costume! The one that was too difficult to do in mixed-media... Then the transition becomes more relevant for the customer, in addition to the producer.

Collectors aren't just writing blank checks here. One-off statues, or very limited lines have the luxury of being able to focus on artistic design and 'wow factor'. This is a line about the characters. Collectors want a reason - rationale - for buying and continuing to buy characters in this line. At least I do. I'm not going to plunk down the most money this line has seen, for it's largest character, with no understanding of the near-or-long term. Only die hard fans of each character will do that.

I agree with the MTO route. Maybe the B and C tier characters need to employ that, or Kickstarter. What's the problem with being a little more transparent with this? I get that sales may have been lagging throughout the ownership transition, but you only succeed in alienating customers by not communicating. And I'm not counting paid facebook cheerleaders...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 04:51 AM   #527
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Okay I can't help but join in on this. Al Bundy is my hero.

I doubt it will ever be on clearance for the simple fact PCS would not want to offer the opportunity or set such a precedent.

If Hugo gets delivered then why not other MK characters or Skeletor and Panthor or any other niche character that does not have large customer potential?
It was just a joke man, people are taking the piss with Hugo so I wanted to join in the fun If the production of the three other SF2's depend on Hugo's sale (think I saw Ant mentioning it on FB), I definitely want him to succeed.

But thanks for the somewhat lenghty post, interesting read.

Think Mika (normal outfit) is the first non MM to join the line with the plain black base. Have her on order; gonna have to see how she fits in with the rest.
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 02:35 PM   #528
qz33
Rescue

I know it just Hugo is so odd to do. We are constantly told "not enough sales" but then here's this off the wall pick.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 02:52 PM   #529
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Lots of great additional comments, thoughts, and questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post

But this took the cake for me haha
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 03:17 PM   #530
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Poison looked amazing on the SS live stream, was so focused on her didnt even register Hugo behind her haha
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote