Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-17-2022, 09:51 PM   #2321
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Man that looks fantastic! Love that print!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Even in that JSC artwork above, the costume is metallic silver. I'm ecstatic that they made it comic accurate. The white costume can go die in a fire.
I love that all of the silver in the print?Archangel?s wings, Storm?s costume, Colossus?s metal, Bishop?s gun?between JSC?s details and the colors they made sure each silver object has a different texture or feel. Seems minor or a given but when you look at a lot of old comic art there isn?t always that amount of variation between things of the same base color.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 12:23 AM   #2322
Agent_J.Warren
Shadowhawk
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
the hairline is unfortunate but would be a relatively easy fix IF someone really wanted to. the color they chose for the costume looks awesome though
I'm late to the party and tend to disagree with the overwhelmingly positive response to the color change for the suit. I just don't like it to the point that I'm not wanting to purchase this now.

The subtle blue/silver/white in the prototype was much more complementary to the rest of the X-Men line. It also had a much better contrast with her skin tone and the blue in the water of the base. The change is horrible. Now everything about the statue looks washed out and cheap...and speaking of cheap, that light is such a silly addition. It makes the statue so goofy. Sigh**
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 01:33 AM   #2323
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I need to see this in hand before deciding. I just wish she was more elevated in height.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 12:31 PM   #2324
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'm waiting for in hand video, but at the moment I'm leaning more towards a No for buy, so I understand Agent_J.Warren.

I really want to like this Storm statue, but when I compare it to the other X-men, it feel like Sideshow didn't care enough about the details.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 12:59 PM   #2325
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I love that all of the silver in the print?Archangel?s wings, Storm?s costume, Colossus?s metal, Bishop?s gun?between JSC?s details and the colors they made sure each silver object has a different texture or feel. Seems minor or a given but when you look at a lot of old comic art there isn?t always that amount of variation between things of the same base color.
I would buy this art print in a heartbeat. I wish they would release it.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 01:10 PM   #2326
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I would buy this art print in a heartbeat. I wish they would release it.
Me too! First thing I did when I saw it was go to the site and hope I didn't miss it.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 01:26 PM   #2327
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
Me too! First thing I did when I saw it was go to the site and hope I didn't miss it.
Keep checking the art print thread. Myself (and others) always post new prints each week when they debut them. Maybe someday they will offer this one.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 01:37 PM   #2328
Demona
Lex Luthor

The fingers on Storm's raised hand are odd. Raise your hand casually and tell me if you ring and middle fingers just stick right next to each other....I'll wait....

And normally that wouldn't bother me, but since it is right up next to her face, it's a focal point since I gravitate towards looking at Storm first. The rest of the print is pretty nice. I like the composition.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 01:58 PM   #2329
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
The fingers on Storm's raised hand are odd. Raise your hand casually and tell me if you ring and middle fingers just stick right next to each other....I'll wait....
LOL! I never understood this style in drawing women's hands. I guess it's meant to be elegant, but I always found it very weird, especially, as you say, right next to the face. In this case, it just looks like she has 3 fingers.

It's one of those 'art school' hand poses you're supposed to draw to learn how to draw comic book hands. Another is the chunky male hand pressing his splayed-out fingers down extremely hard on a table surface while lifting the palm in the air. Looks good, I guess, but in practice it's just unnatural (and quite painful at that....)
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 07:58 AM   #2330
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

And normally that wouldn't bother me, but since it is right up next to her face, it's a focal point since I gravitate towards looking at Storm first. The rest of the print is pretty nice. I like the composition.
Uhh mine actually do, they are very close together
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote