Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-14-2024, 05:12 PM   #191
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Agreed, though, hopefully she's not mopping a floor.
LOL!!!!!
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 05:13 PM   #192
Onewiththeforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
No kiddin. I don't even like Mystique and I'd love to see something. Slow as hell around here.
seriously!!!!!!

Old 05-14-2024, 05:17 PM   #193
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Wait so I'm diddlin' Forps side piece and he's going to set me up?
Well now Forps knows...things are heating up!
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 05:21 PM   #194
Onewiththeforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
C'mon H we've had a TON of stuff! I hope and expect them to keep quiet until SDCC/Sideshow Con or whatever.
I believe that the SDCC is where we will see her debut as well. But then I was reminded that SS will not be attending the SDCC so I figure maybe online....??

who knows anymore.??

But for the record, 12 days of SS has been quite a bit ago......
Old 05-14-2024, 05:30 PM   #195
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
I believe that the SDCC is where we will see her debut as well. But then I was reminded that SS will not be attending the SDCC so I figure maybe online....??

who knows anymore.??

But for the record, 12 days of SS has been quite a bit ago......
In years prior LOTS of things just bannered have not been shown throughout the year. Waiting till the following next year or longer is not uncommon.
Not saying I think that will be the case but whatever con-sque thing Sideshow decides to do I hope they don't deflate excitement by showing everything early.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 05:55 PM   #196
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Well Forps, since you asked, I pretty much agree with your assessment of that P1 Superman. The size/pose are probably the best things about it. I myself was never tempted to own it. Superman/Cap are two of my favorite characters, and I happen to love the OG Superman PF and Allied Charge Cap. The most recent Cap PF is better, but since Allied Charge sells for peanuts and I am happy with it, im not switching. I do also have the Bucky Cap and Call to Action Supes, but those are completely different takes.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 06:10 PM   #197
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Well Forps, since you asked, I pretty much agree with your assessment of that P1 Superman. The size/pose are probably the best things about it. I myself was never tempted to own it. Superman/Cap are two of my favorite characters, and I happen to love the OG Superman PF and Allied Charge Cap. The most recent Cap PF is better, but since Allied Charge sells for peanuts and I am happy with it, im not switching. I do also have the Bucky Cap and Call to Action Supes, but those are completely different takes.
Ofc, you are also not impressed by Prime1's Hush Superman, i knew it. The OG Sideshow PFF still holds and if it weren't for the known lean due to the heavy cape (or pads) problem, it would be still top 2.

The best Superman is the Call to Action. Mainly due to its iconic pose. It already appreciated in the aftermarket regardless of its enormous ES. Matt Black sculpted it, i believe. He also left Sideshow to work on something else if i'm not mistaken.

Nevertheless, Sideshow can also lure him back as could be the case with Bergholtz. Once a (Sideshow) sculptor, always a sculptor.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 07:14 PM   #198
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Ofc, you are also not impressed by Prime1's Hush Superman, i knew it. The OG Sideshow PFF still holds and if it weren't for the known lean due to the heavy cape (or pads) problem, it would be still top 2.

The best Superman is the Call to Action. Mainly due to its iconic pose. It already appreciated in the aftermarket regardless of its enormous ES. Matt Black sculpted it, i believe. He also left Sideshow to work on something else if i'm not mistaken.

Nevertheless, Sideshow can also lure him back as could be the case with Bergholtz. Once a (Sideshow) sculptor, always a sculptor.
Yes, I personally love Matt Black's work and Call to Action was an instant order for me.

The First PF, while the cape is heavy, the culprit is the pad problem. If left alone for too long the weight can become unbalanced leading to an eventual lean/and or/ break at the waist, because that is where the top half and bottom half are joined. I personally just put a penny under the base on the problem side and that corrected the issue without having to constantly replace crushed pads. I wish I had purchased the custom fabric cape back in the day though.

I am starting a petition for Sideshow to bring back the true master though, Oluf Hartvigson. Or Oluf HartviGodson if you prefer.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 08:57 PM   #199
qz33
Baron Zemo

Still surprised no one is providing STL files for custom capes for statues.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 10:45 PM   #200
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Yes, I personally love Matt Black's work and Call to Action was an instant order for me.

The First PF, while the cape is heavy, the culprit is the pad problem. If left alone for too long the weight can become unbalanced leading to an eventual lean/and or/ break at the waist, because that is where the top half and bottom half are joined. I personally just put a penny under the base on the problem side and that corrected the issue without having to constantly replace crushed pads. I wish I had purchased the custom fabric cape back in the day though.

I am starting a petition for Sideshow to bring back the true master though, Oluf Hartvigson. Or Oluf HartviGodson if you prefer.
It was a common problem back then. Nowadays though Sideshow knows how to treat such cases (heavy sculpted capes) snd engineers her statues perfectly.

Tblot and qz33, just imagine Sideshow announcing via a short video series (in order to excite collectors and slowly reveal the sculpt, the stages of creating it etc) a new...

Hulk 1/3 sculpted by Bergholtz collaborating with Canale.

Followed by a 1/3 Harley sculpted by Harbottle.

KO.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote