Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-09-2005, 01:15 PM   #91
Gruson
Suicide Squad

That's awesome cap and P1. Sounds like you guys are working in the field that I "wanted" to work in and even got my degree in. Oh well.

Sent you a PM.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 02:52 PM   #92
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1X4R
yeah, that would have been a nice hook if you remembered her name.
speaking of ILM. we have quite a few of them that came to work for us. a couple in Pixar? i wonder who they are? hmmm..

i bet you read Cinefex. awesome mag! i'm a total fanboy every time i pick it up. hehe..

yeah, i remember that Story artist position that was posted. storyboarding and animatics are cool positions! it's interesting to see how old fashioned crafts are used to produce the end result.
Haha yeah I was never really introduced so yeah. Cinefex is kewl. I pick it up when they have something like they did on Monsters Inc or Incredibles (my fave flick ever) and of course buy all the collector's dvds to watch the process. We're always watching, saying, oh they did this using that, with that. It would be the bomb to have Renderman, and a host of rendering stations at our disposal. Storyboarding was always fun, I love acting out the parts.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 06:08 PM   #93
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
hmmmm... with me in california, you in florida, and ghost in chicago. how about we all meet halfway and meet in california? that's awesome though! i'm personally inviting you guys if you're ever in the area.
Not only a fliper, but you want to save on air tickets too??
Same here, guys, you are invited to stop by anytime! Just tell me upfront so I can hide my statues! (j/k)
Damn, I lived in Chicago for almost 2 years when I worked at Leo Burnett. That's an amazing City! I miss the winds by the bridge while walking to that sweet Sony store I used to go every week.
Are you going to SC? I want to go, but may not have the time, but I will try. Maybe we can meet in there.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 06:54 PM   #94
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
hmmmm... with me in california, you in florida, and ghost in chicago. how about we all meet halfway and meet in california? that's awesome though! i'm personally inviting you guys if you're ever in the area. wow cap, sounds like a cool company to work for. i've seen "city of god". quite disturbing actually. a good watch though. it's funny i hear a lot of the terms you're saying like LW (Lightwave), Avid/Final Cut Pro, and Maya but i've never actually worked with those programs. i'm the guy that makes sure that the underlying part (OS) operates smoothly. hehe. lots of bugs that require properly tuned graphics drivers and kernels. it's cool to see other peeps in the same industry!
Haha riiiiight. You guys are in Emeryville, right? I was looking around to see where would be a good spot to move too (Chicago is getting crowded and not alot of studios around so I'm thinking of giving Cali a try for a bit)
I've seen those job positions too for IT guys and I'm like damn I should have done that to get my foot in the door at least! Hell I'd be a janitor for Pixar as long as I'm in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70
Same here, guys, you are invited to stop by anytime! Just tell me upfront so I can hide my statues!
Damn, I lived in Chicago for almost 2 years when I worked at Leo Burnett. That's an amazing City! I miss the winds by the bridge while walking to that sweet Sony store I used to go every week.
Are you going to SC? I want to go, but may not have the time, but I will try. Maybe we can meet in there.
I love doing post production work alot more then animating characters. I hate rigging them, just a bore to me, but I love animating them heh. I know what you're talking about too, the winds are incredible and feel good. It's a shame though that Sony store is not gone, but they reopened one in Woodfield in Schaumburg.

Do you guys go to Siggraph? I was there 2 years ago, but I was still in school so hardly had anything to show. Which sucked. I could have gotten in with Rockstar games if I had something cause I know my stuff blew most of the ppl there away. I"m not saying I'm great, I'm just saying they were really bad!
Oh yeah and Koto umm rocks! (not so it seems like we're hijacking this thread...)
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 07:05 PM   #95
cap70

Rockstar rocks!
But Koto umm suxs!
Seriously, we need to meet sometime, really. Maybe we can even brainstorm and come up with some nice stuff!
Old 07-09-2005, 07:28 PM   #96
P1X4R
Producer

haha. you still think i'm a flipper? just because i have 4 corporal sandtroopers (used to have 5 before i gave one as a birthday present) doesn't make me a flipper. they're all in my hobby room sitting pretty. not for sale. hehe.

heck, air tickets are pricey. i gotta save my $$$ for statues and props!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70
Same here, guys, you are invited to stop by anytime! Just tell me upfront so I can hide my statues! (j/k)
P1X4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 07:34 PM   #97
cap70

Quote:
haha. you still think i'm a flipper? just because i have 4 corporal sandtroopers (used to have 5 before i gave one as a birthday present) doesn't make me a flipper. they're all in my hobby room sitting pretty. not for sale. hehe.

heck, air tickets are pricey. i gotta save my $$$ for statues and props!
LOL, I'm just kidding with ya, P1X, cause the MR Luke EE.
I know you are not a flipper..

Yes, air tickets are $$$! Ask your co-workers at Pixar to give you some for free. Tell them you are going to do some kick a$$ work down here in Florida.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:36 PM   #98
P1X4R
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson
That's awesome cap and P1. Sounds like you guys are working in the field that I "wanted" to work in and even got my degree in. Oh well.

Sent you a PM.
i wanted to get into the video game industry but unfortunately i never developed any kind of artsy talent and my programming skills were just so so. i needed something a little more stable and got lucky with IT support.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:40 PM   #99
P1X4R
Producer

ack! we really are hijacking this thread. back on topic, eh?
Old 07-09-2005, 07:44 PM   #100
Gianco
X-Force

Hey guys! I'm gonna have to execute order 66 here!
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote