Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-21-2024, 12:17 PM   #91
Exorcist
The X-Men

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
You're fired
Hahaha solly

I blame Queen Studio though, dont shoot the messenger please I am still getting it BTW, looks absolutely fantastic
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 12:19 PM   #92
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I don't know why you're laughing at me. I'm not the one who claimed QS said this would be fairly priced. That's why i said "if true". QS can keep this gimmick of a statue. What a ridiculous price. Their first silicone 1/3 statue and they said, hey Jnd got away with a $4k WW , let's try to make a $5k Hulk. Screw them.
Cause you and I have been in this game for a while now and we know better when it comes to Queen/ JND or any other company and pricing.

To think a licensed Hulk piece like this this would come in under $4k is pretty funny.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 12:29 PM   #93
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I doubt collectors would use the articulation much. They'd find their favorite positions for the head and arms, and leave it.
The range of motion isn't even that great. Might as well not even be there.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 12:30 PM   #94
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

5K for what is essentially a 1/3 Hot Toys.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 01:45 PM   #95
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
As a fan of the 70's Buscema Hulk, that's a big reason this here is much more appealing to me than any other Hulk I've seen over the last dozen years or so.

Not saying some of those aren't awesome for what they are going for- just that this is much more my cup a joe.

Of course I'm a geriatric fart, so appealing to people who share my sensibilities isn't exactly the road to riches. Good thing it's based on a version of the character well known outside of feeble, old school comic book collectors.
100%

This is my perfect Hulk. The best Hulk statue I've seen regardless of scales.

Absolutely love the realism of it. I much prefer this to the classic comic version.

$4400 a piece is hard to swallow. How much is it really going to be after shipping and taxes? I am scared even to imagine.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 02:56 PM   #96
c00kies292
Frackin!

Seems like anything with the word silicone starts increasing exponentially in price. Would have been nice for queen studio to offer two variations which one was composed of silicone and the other with polystone containing translucent resin, glass eyes and rooted hair.
c00kies292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 03:27 PM   #97
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuehungry View Post
I wonder if that material for the skin will hold up over time ? would the skin around joints crack over time with bending the arms ?
No one really knows. But it truly looks like the bend involved is truly limited. I’m of the opinion it’s well within the limits of the material. That bend looks like, what 20 degrees, maybe? Hot Toys and Phicen figures bend 60 to maybe 120 degrees!

Quote:
I doubt collectors would use the articulation much. They'd find their favorite positions for the head and arms, and leave it.
That’s what I’m going to do. It’s the same with my collection of Hot Toys, or even statues with multiple optional parts.

Quote:
Maybe collectors will moisturize their silicone statues. Take them for spa treatments.
That’s always a possibility. But hasn’t the recommendation, been the exact opposite? To apply powder to decrease the materials natural leakage of gases etc?

Quote:
That would have been something if a 1/3 silicone Hulk was priced the same as the LBS polystone comic-based piece. I wanted to believe it, too, but definitely wishful thinking.
Nothing truer has ever been said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Cause you and I have been in this game for a while now and we know better when it comes to Queen/ JND or any other company and pricing.

To think a licensed Hulk piece like this this would come in under $4k is pretty funny.
Well, I was still hoping it would be a bit under $4K, but around $2K was unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
The range of motion isn't even that great. Might as well not even be there.
It’s just a gimmick. As I mentioned the JND Wonder Woman, seems like it could even flex in the wind, or just by me blowing, by an even greater margin than this Hulk has been shown to bend in that video.

Imo they’ve simply added a joint with really minimum range of motion, just to be its skeletal support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
5K for what is essentially a 1/3 Hot Toys.
Well, look at the prices for those 1/6 JND posable figures. This is a bargain in comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by c00kies292 View Post
Seems like anything with the word silicone starts increasing exponentially in price. Would have been nice for queen studio to offer two variations which one was composed of silicone and the other with polystone containing translucent resin, glass eyes and rooted hair.
And knowing me, I still would’ve gone for the more expensive option
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 03:50 PM   #98
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Some for whatever reason, thought this would be priced much lower, but I thought it would be a lot. Guess I was right??.not that I wanted to be.

I have all their $3,680 USD MCU busts and up, and imo, for what you get this Hulk piece might be better value.

This may be one of the most expensive pieces I?ve ever ordered.
How so?

I agree that this Hulk is impressive (The best MCU hulk we'll get for a while), but on the other hand, I have their Dr Strange bust, and when I compare the two in terms of value for the price, it doesn't add up. The Strange bust has the exact same or slightly more silicone, more punched hair, more real clothing, and a more complicated paint job. All that and it totaled out to around 4k retail, with a lower ES of only 200.

As someone said earlier in this thread, I think QS saw JND charge 3k+ for Wonder Woman, and decided they wanted in to the party. I'll more than likely bite the bullet and order this and the MK7, but only because I don't think they could pull this again. All of the other characters won't need nearly as much silicone, so the prices should be in the "normal" range.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 03:52 PM   #99
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Gentlemen......please step off the hype train.

What have we learnt from JND? These companies are basically throwing sh*t against the wall to see what sticks.

When the dust settles, and the hype train rumbles off to the next station - this will be sitting on retailer shelves, gathering dust, and selling with a 20% discount.

You're mad if you pre-order this at full price.....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 03:59 PM   #100
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Gentlemen......please step off the hype train.

What have we learnt from JND? These companies are basically throwing sh*t against the wall to see what sticks.

When the dust settles, and the hype train rumbles off to the next station - this will be sitting on retailer shelves, gathering dust, and selling with a 20% discount.

You're mad if you pre-order this at full price.....
I've had this thought as well. I remember John saying in an interview a few months back, that if order numbers don't reach the ES limit, they would simply cut production short rather than have excess product sitting on shelves. I definitely plan to get more specific info on that before I order.

I agree that no one should be FOMOing right now. With how expensive this is, and the current state of the market, this won't sell out anytime soon, if ever.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote