Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Kinetiquettes

Old 12-08-2023, 06:18 PM   #91
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Honestly, is it really fair to label me as toxic because I'm unwilling to dissect out that salvageable parts of a dio where it looks like one character murdered the other one, and continues to hug her body? Keep your Twitter labels to yourself.
Wow, what a voyager here, I just said a little toxic and people already put twitter and the status of the society today in the middle, take it easy, one thing is don't like something, other thing is just throw words here with no utility, if you don't want to talk about the piece, what are you doing in a Statue Forum?

If anyone tried a little hard and make a specific analysis of problems and what to do to correct them could be more useful, was exactly what I did and judging by the discussion here, the aspects I pointed out was the ones that others notice too.

No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 06:48 PM   #92
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Well as per usual I invite anyone who dislikes this piece to buy it and send me theirs. I will gladly take it off your hands so you aren't forced to see it on display.

Please...I am very poor...
Why would I buy something I dislike? You can have "mine," I won't be buying it.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 06:54 PM   #93
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
People are a little toxic here

First, let's look only to Morrigan, she looks amazing, super sexy and gorgeous, if was only her that would be a must buy 100%, I would wanted now.

But, about Lilith, she fall on the uncanny valley, that's it.

She looks weird for 2 reasons I think:

First - those acrylic eyes make all statues looks like a doll and that's a little creepy, since HMO I have the same opinion.

Second - the position of the head and absence of expression in the face makes her look creepy, like if Morrigan broke her neck with the moviment of her arms

They could fix that, I really wanted only Morrigan, but is just change Lilith's head for a new one in new position, looking to Morrigan maybe, and more alive.
People are definitely a bit mean here sometimes but I'm going to have to agree that this is kind of unsettling from that photo, I don't like either of them really.

Quote:
It does definitely sound like you guys are being put off by the actual intended suggestions of the scene. It is indeed a seductress known for her sexuality having a dominant position of power over a loli character who is known also for her sexuality but also innocence. If they had wanted a safe easy to please everyone piece they would have made one. They were going for something a lot more specific with this one. Seems like a product of bygone era where the Darkstalkers license meant more than just generic anime cosplayer and figurine material.
I might be put off by that but honestly I don't even have to go that far. People are saying Lillith looks dead because that is an empty stare, at least from the angle of this photo it just isn't looking good to me there. And Morrigan is a bit off putting looking to me as well. Like for example you could have them kissing and Lillith's eyes closed and I'd probably more ok with that than this because at least then her face wouldn't be so dead.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 06:56 PM   #94
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Why would I buy something I dislike? You can have "mine," I won't be buying it.
Why would you keep something you dislike? I'm trying to do you a favor!
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 06:57 PM   #95
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
Wow, what a voyager here, I just said a little toxic and people already put twitter and the status of the society today in the middle, take it easy, one thing is don't like something, other thing is just throw words here with no utility, if you don't want to talk about the piece, what are you doing in a Statue Forum?

If anyone tried a little hard and make a specific analysis of problems and what to do to correct them could be more useful, was exactly what I did and judging by the discussion here, the aspects I pointed out was the ones that others notice too.

This isn't the only statue on this forum.

He can't throw social terms, but you can?

How is critiquing a statue toxic?

We don't have to write a term paper on our analysis of this piece. This is a casual place where people from all over the world come to share their thoughts on statues. Just because you don't find the opinion to your liking or "useful" doesn't mean it is a bad ot "toxic" post.
Old 12-08-2023, 06:57 PM   #96
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Why would you keep something you dislike? I'm trying to do you a favor!
I wouldn't buy it, period.
Old 12-08-2023, 07:40 PM   #97
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I?m curious to see Artgerm?s art and what went wrong here. I don?t have a problem with Morrigan at all, like someone here said about trying new stuff. But Lilith is just all sorts of wrong. IMO, HMO?s Morrigan is still the queen and that?s also based on Artgerm?s work.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 08:09 PM   #98
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
This isn't the only statue on this forum.

He can't throw social terms, but you can?

How is critiquing a statue toxic?

We don't have to write a term paper on our analysis of this piece. This is a casual place where people from all over the world come to share their thoughts on statues. Just because you don't find the opinion to your liking or "useful" doesn't mean it is a bad ot "toxic" post.

BTW, here's another critique (oh no, I must be toxic!). These two portraits look nothing like Artgerm's art, so that's already a fail regardless of the creep factor.

NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 08:21 PM   #99
SDguy

I 100% stand my by description of nightmare fuel. I assume people wouldn't want me to drone on about all the details on why it applies, to not only each character individually, but also together as the dio. That would be toxic
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 08:24 PM   #100
KLSADAKO
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I think it looks alrite, curious to see how the whole piece looks..
Out of the two I always felt Morrigan was the dominant one..
As a UK customer I can expect heavy customs with this, as Geese which was in a single box was ?400+ in taxes lol
KLSADAKO is offline   Reply With Quote