Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 09-14-2006, 04:55 PM   #91
LuisCHG
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I could understand that CS Moore needed to meet the 500 units in order to assure quality, but I don't really understand why by changing the color scheme he would achieve anything. I think most of the people who ordered prefers the original paint scheme. If this was done to get more buyers (by adapting a new color), I think that has already been achieved by limiting the edition size to 500, making it AP signed, and a completely different base.
LuisCHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:33 PM   #92
hellspawn77
Sculptor
Sculptor

I have to agree on this point: I don't have ANY issue with making 500 pieces at all! I don't like that they changed the colour scheme though after I placed an order already based on the original colour scheme.

***EDIT***

Acctually I'm really digging the new look. So I do plan on getting her...

I'm an ass!

Claudio
hellspawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:40 PM   #93
Archangel
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn77 View Post
I have to agree on this point: I don't have ANY issue with making 500 pieces at all! I don't like that they changed the colour scheme though after I placed an order already based on the original colour scheme. I don't like the new paint scheme at all...

Not that its bad or anything. I just don't like it and I wouldn't have ordered them with this new scheme...

Claudio
"please contact us at service@csmoorestudio.com and we will refund your deposit promptly."
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:02 PM   #94
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
"please contact us at service@csmoorestudio.com and we will refund your deposit promptly."
I wonder if that will work for the people that purchased it on Ebay.

This decision pretty much voids any pre-order since it won't be shipped within 30 Days.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:08 PM   #95
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Regardless of the color scheme. As long as Aphrodite doesn't look fat, short or deform. I'm just glad it only cost me at $199 instead of the crazy Ebay hike
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:08 PM   #96
Johnneeukca
New Republic

I remember some debate a while ago that complained the original AP paint scheme was too close to the original statue paint scheme. Now the paint scheme's changed and still with the complaints. I expect the "I don't like the base" debate to start up again.

So guys, like I said previously: Go ahead and cancel your orders. Gives me a better chance at picking one up.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:11 PM   #97
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisCHG View Post
I could understand that CS Moore needed to meet the 500 units in order to assure quality, but I don't really understand why by changing the color scheme he would achieve anything. I think most of the people who ordered prefers the original paint scheme. If this was done to get more buyers (by adapting a new color), I think that has already been achieved by limiting the edition size to 500, making it AP signed, and a completely different base.
Apparently, it now Ultra-Secures the secondary market value of the original statue.....because some felt the base-change was not enough.

Christ.... I wished the Kabuki AP wouldv'e got some of this attention. Now that's a statue that was screaming for something more than just the diamonds.

In regards to the final color scheme.... it's better than the gray, but I'm still undecided.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:08 PM   #98
superboylives
Mephisto

I ordered Aphrodite IX with the original color in mind. But I thought it was really unfair to re-release basiclly the same statue that's very collectible on the secondary market. Now that a more significant change has been made I actually like it BETTER! And I feel it's more fair to the guys that have paid a small fortune for the original on ebay.
But I do understand why some people might be disappointed with the new color scheme after they have already made a pre-order with the original color in mind and the original edition size. Just because they voice their disappointment about the changes doesn't mean they want to cancel their order. After all any Aphrodite IX is better than none. For all the other guys that "don't get" why there are complaints about the changes you don't have to get it. Get over it. Everybody wants to hear your opinion as long as it coincides with their own. What's up with that? This is still a forum right?
superboylives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:32 PM   #99
LuisCHG
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Apparently, it now Ultra-Secures the secondary market value of the original statue.....because some felt the base-change was not enough.

Christ.... I wished the Kabuki AP wouldv'e got some of this attention. Now that's a statue that was screaming for something more than just the diamonds.

In regards to the final color scheme.... it's better than the gray, but I'm still undecided.
If we only had the choice of original or repaint
LuisCHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:55 AM   #100
hellspawn77
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Acctually looking at her again I have to say that I'm digging the new paint! I'm definitely getting this one!

I'm an ass

BTW- were there different photos sent out inittialy?

I remember her a lot darker before when I first saw the new pics? I thought she had a dark top or something...

I could have just been really tired though (it was 2:00 am I think)...

Claudio
hellspawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote