Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-06-2018, 03:25 PM   #91
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
It’s def business because Gambit is very popular imo. Look at what they have done in terms of buying cyclops and professor x. Now it’s two versions sold seperatly????? Why do what you’ve always done put all the switch outs in one box . Expensive shipping yes but now you get zero display options . Sometimes I buy a piece thinking I like one configuration and it turns out my less favourite becomes my first choice. Sucks for X collectors that’s for sure
You can thank ALLLLL the people who complained about base size, shipping costs, yadda yadda....oh and I bet that at least 75% of those people do not even buy XM statues. So thanks for ALLLL to those people, XM fans who enjoyed the larger storytelling bases, many switch-out parts, etc won't have them like before.

The Cyclops issue bothers me because he was sketched to have at least 6 different head options. Great, REALLY cool! Then it went down to just two heads, but it was fine because the second torso was going to be there. Now it's down to paying extra for the other torso.

I'd rather have the XM pieces we had before, but made within the MTO system. I think Storm and Dark Phoenix will be the last two pieces made with the original XM flare of great change-outs, big bases, and fun portraits. Gambit is a sign of the times.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:34 PM   #92
lucifixion
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
You can thank ALLLLL the people who complained about base size, shipping costs, yadda yadda....oh and I bet that at least 75% of those people do not even buy XM statues. So thanks for ALLLL to those people, XM fans who enjoyed the larger storytelling bases, many switch-out parts, etc won't have them like before.

The Cyclops issue bothers me because he was sketched to have at least 6 different head options. Great, REALLY cool! Then it went down to just two heads, but it was fine because the second torso was going to be there. Now it's down to paying extra for the other torso.

I'd rather have the XM pieces we had before, but made within the MTO system. I think Storm and Dark Phoenix will be the last two pieces made with the original XM flare of great change-outs, big bases, and fun portraits. Gambit is a sign of the times.
I certainly don't understand this. This just makes it more expensive to have the complete statue, and shipping is still going to be a couple hundred dollars.
lucifixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:47 PM   #93
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifixion View Post
I certainly don't understand this. This just makes it more expensive to have the complete statue, and shipping is still going to be a couple hundred dollars.
If you buy the Version B from Cyclops you have both bodys and heads inside. You can just decide if you want less with the one torso version.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:48 PM   #94
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
The Cyclops issue bothers me because he was sketched to have at least 6 different head options. Great, REALLY cool! Then it went down to just two heads,...
It was 4 different heads, not 6.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 04:07 PM   #95
Demona
Martian Manhunter

My bad. Either way, it was more than ended up happening which is still my point.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 04:21 PM   #96
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I think XM is trying to help I totally get it. The people who advertise for XM stop defending poor choices ok! I buy XM pieces they are awesome. They are very pricey but I know that going in. What happens when you buy option A ( example ) you hate it and now you don’t have switch out for it because you opted for savings in shipping. It does happen. You think you want a certain look then in hand it looks like crap.

XM is trying to help I get it but old formula works fine. We get killed in NA regardless because of duties and shipping bottom line.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 04:54 PM   #97
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Just because something works fine for you doesn't mean it's working out for the company. I seriously doubt they would be going to made to order and different versions if pieces were selling the way you guys think they are. Be glad they're being up front about it and not releasing the alternate versions a year later.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 04:59 PM   #98
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I have zero issue with them trying this out. They're being upfront and honest about it. They are also providing a cheaper option if you don't see yourself using the switch out body (or the larger hoverchair for Prof X.).

If you want the version with two bodies (or, again, the larger Prof. X hovercraft) they're probably priced according to what they would have been originally.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 06:15 PM   #99
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

It’s seems like a heck of a lot of work for XM now. Bigger risks of getting orders mixed up like this as well. I’ll stick to my preferences and I wish the Xmen collectors best of luck with upcoming master pieces
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 06:31 PM   #100
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
Really loving the portrait on this one. Everyone seems to mess up his sly grin, but this looks amazing. I own the SS one and gambit is my favorite character, so I may have to pick this one up down the line and break my rule about multiple statues of the same character.
I can't foresee you passing on this version of your favorite of All Time X-MEN even if you already own that Grail from SS buddy!
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote