Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-10-2019, 01:35 PM   #91
MPCanes
The X-Men

Yeah, pretty worried about price on this one...
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 01:36 PM   #92
Peedi
The Secret Six

Why TF is it a maquette? Because he’s attached to the base by a leg? Smh.

Face looks a bit too old. But it’s Gambit though. I’m auto-in. Keeping the old PF, too.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 01:39 PM   #93
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
I think Sideshow is superior. The pose looks so much more natural. The kinetic mutant effects also better. XM’s inside coat also looks weird to me (reminds me of a cobra’s hood).

Just compare the kinetic energy...not even close in my book...
I think the coloring might be making you think it looks like a cobra hood because it's the same design as the inside of the SS Gambit. SS' coat is just all one color (which does look better).

I happen to prefer the darker shade of the kinetic energy, but that wouldn't be a deal breaker for me with either statue. And to give XM some credit, on convention floors the energy is a brighter, pinkish red.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 01:43 PM   #94
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I bet they price near the same as Rogue with the logic he is kinda "flying" with his leap and the energy attachment takes more engineering. Even though they gave Sinestro an entire construct and didn't call it a maquette.

I'm at a loss at to what a good EX would be since they already have his staff shown. A portrait with different hair? Maybe throwing a chunk of charged sentinel?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 01:44 PM   #95
Peedi
The Secret Six

Wow this costume is very traditional. I’m looking for the usual lines and added textures but they kept this one basic. I would’ve liked to have seen them update this costume without going overboard, similar to Rogue and Jean’s designs.

They keep making unnecessary costume changes when I do want the comic costume (Magneto, Cap, Daredevil) but every time I’d like something to be a little different they go plain (Spider-Man, Gambit).
Old 07-10-2019, 01:54 PM   #96
fsdre
Mephisto

Really prefer the xm
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 01:58 PM   #97
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
Anyone who says SS blows away XM and thinks SS's Sabertooth, Mystique, and Emma is better than XM - or that their Psylocke is good - please share your drugs.

Both companies have hits, both have misses. And that's OK.
Puff puff, pass. Lol.

Sabertooth and Emma I prefer XM. None of those Mystiques though, they all miss the mark. They both definitely have hits and misses. But we all have preferences. Sculpting beauty it is, XM Magneto is something I never felt I wanted yet I like the SS maquette quite a bit despite some costume choice annoyances.

SS Gambit maquette over XM though. In every way. I have a few XMs and it’s hard to skip my favorite characters but I’m glad I did on this one.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:03 PM   #98
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

They did a good job on this one. Nice pose and costume. The original PF has the cigarette though... I am worried about the price though.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:11 PM   #99
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by srttoz View Post
Damn that looks good. They absolutely nailed it with the portrait, the card effect, the action pose, the sculpted jacket. The only thing that worries me is the Maquette label.

Man it's so pretty but this is getting expensive. First Sabes, then Cable and now Gambit. If you show off a new Cyclops my heart might give way.
yeah i mean so far this looks absolutely incredible but im particularly impressed by the charge effect. i normally hate clear resin / power effects but that looks perfect

+1 for hoping for cyclops
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:15 PM   #100
Formula009
Birdman

Amen! Great Gambit! Sold. Now please. STORM.
Formula009 is offline   Reply With Quote