Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-24-2024, 10:42 PM   #91
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Also, why are people annoyed at Morph being non-binary?
because it is stupid, all politics about the non-binary issue and how retarded it is in real life aside this is supposed to be a continuation of the original series and in the original series morph was most certainly a dude.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 11:02 PM   #92
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
People don?t like the animation change, but as a Storm fan, I?m perfectly fine with the new tweaks. Storm?s hair was a mullet-looking disaster in the original animated series. And her costume is beyond ugly. So toning down the puffy sleeves and giving her a Mohawk (even though it?s annoying it is not comic accurate to the suit matching) is a win.

Also, why are people annoyed at Morph being non-binary?
I think her hair looks atrocious. It doesn't even look like a mohawk. It looks like a pompadour mullet. I see they also made her face longer and more angular as well, which makes her appear more manly.

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 11:25 PM   #93
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I think her hair looks atrocious. It doesn't even look like a mohawk. It looks like a pompadour mullet.
could you find a bigger picture please, this one is kinda hard to see
Old 02-24-2024, 11:26 PM   #94
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
could you find a bigger picture please, this one is kinda hard to see
LOL sorry. It's the first one I found. I'll resize it.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 11:35 PM   #95
Demona
Martian Manhunter

She had a long mohawk in the One Mans Worth episodes and had one for years in the comics (paired with a suit I know you also dislike).

It’s well drawn and given her power set, she has the ability to create high fabulous hair. I love the hair and hate the outfit.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 11:45 PM   #96
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
because it is stupid, all politics about the non-binary issue and how retarded it is in real life aside this is supposed to be a continuation of the original series and in the original series morph was most certainly a dude.
Having no set connection with a gender makes sense to me since the character can be either gender whenever they want/need.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 11:58 PM   #97
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Oh crap. I was going to give this a chance. Guess this proves it?s about agenda as the non-science non-binary stuff wasn?t even there yet. Not going to waste my time and chalk this up to libs destroying another once loved franchise. Surprised they haven?t done it to the transformers yet.
extracomputer.1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 12:41 AM   #98
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Having no set connection with a gender makes sense to me since the character can be either gender whenever they want/need.
and if that is who Morph always was i'd say fine, but as i said this is billed as a direct continuation of the original series so all of a sudden him being a them is just them putting current politics in over continuity or respect for the original creators ideas.
Old 02-25-2024, 02:25 AM   #99
SONICobra
Batman

Geez the more I hear about this the less interested I get

Really sucks since the original series is what got me into the trading cards then comics then action figures then statues - all started with the og series. I thought this would just pick up where that left off with some bad ass stories but seems they cant make a single piece of entertainment anything without squeezing modern politics into it
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 06:10 AM   #100
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Morph should be described as a changeling or shapeshifter, similar to Mystique. Also, Morph died in the pilot episode. I had that on VHS as a kid. Curious to know how they will revive him.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote