Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-02-2020, 12:26 PM   #991
Pwesty
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
It’s not right . One thing I am envious about all you US based buyers . I was charged a total of $ 150.00 USD ( shipping of 60.00 and rest import duty ) on top of asking price . That’s one expensive statue! I’m in Canada folks. Crazy
I know just how painful duty and shipping is as I live in Canada as well. It seems to get more expensive every year! My last statue from SS was Sabertooth and he came to $175 for duty. Just nuts!
Pwesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 04:57 PM   #992
cigaro
Justice League

Sideshow support got back to me regarding my statue. They claim that the wiggle room on both the arm connection, and the body/base is normal.

Can anyone who received mr freeze check their statue and see if they have the same movement as I do shown in this video?

https://streamable.com/7y54mt

They did, however, offer me a full replacement based on the broken ice piece from the base. They also alternatively offered me 75 dollar credit if I keep the piece. If every statue does indeed wiggle like mine, I might consider taking the credit and just super gluing the ice back on. If anyone does have one where the arm doesn’t move like mine above however, I am for sure going to get it all replaced.

Thanks in advance everyone.
cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 05:06 PM   #993
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigaro View Post
Sideshow support got back to me regarding my statue. They claim that the wiggle room on both the arm connection, and the body/base is normal.

Can anyone who received mr freeze check their statue and see if they have the same movement as I do shown in this video?

https://streamable.com/7y54mt

They did, however, offer me a full replacement based on the broken ice piece from the base. They also alternatively offered me 75 dollar credit if I keep the piece. If every statue does indeed wiggle like mine, I might consider taking the credit and just super gluing the ice back on. If anyone does have one where the arm doesn’t move like mine above however, I am for sure going to get it all replaced.

Thanks in advance everyone.
My Freeze has very slight movement. Very little wiggle and nowhere near as much as yours. I’d take the full replacement.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 05:19 PM   #994
Bill Lehecka
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I have slight wiggle, but not as drastic as yours. Get the full replacement. The worst thing that happens is that the new one has same amount of wiggle.
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 05:28 PM   #995
cigaro
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post
I have slight wiggle, but not as drastic as yours. Get the full replacement. The worst thing that happens is that the new one has same amount of wiggle.
I think you guys both are right. I’ll be getting a replacement, if even just so that if I do ever decide to sell the piece, I don’t need to sell it with a super glued part of it. 75 dollar credit is awesome, but I think I’d rather have everything the way it is supposed to be
cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 05:55 PM   #996
Star-struck
The Spirit

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigaro View Post
I think you guys both are right. I’ll be getting a replacement, if even just so that if I do ever decide to sell the piece, I don’t need to sell it with a super glued part of it. 75 dollar credit is awesome, but I think I’d rather have everything the way it is supposed to be
I think that's the best decision. I just hope they don't send me that one since mine hasn't shipped yet
Star-struck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 06:20 PM   #997
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Well after my rant and displeasure with shipping yadda yadda Sideshow came through big time and provided me with a Mr Freeze. Yesterday it was in California today it arrived in Toronto Canada . Crazy turn around time .

I wanted to make sure everything was great and working . To my pleasure it was. It’s really an incredible statue I think SS has my business for more Bat rogues moving forward . It’s a piece that needs to be seen in person and the glass domes are pure magic. Such a classy touch that takes this piece over the top imo.

Few pics for the page :

Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 06:29 PM   #998
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

NASTY STATUE!!!
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 10:01 PM   #999
kvsm23vs24
Frackin!

Beautiful pics.
kvsm23vs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 10:13 PM   #1000
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Looking good. Glad to hear Sideshow listened and shipped one so quickly.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote