Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-04-2010, 07:04 PM   #1001
chaggs1
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
not as funny as when you bomb-barded the street fighter threads with your multiple bumps recently

Get a life
chaggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:17 PM   #1002
THE_BEAST
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaggs1 View Post
not as funny as when you bomb-barded the street fighter threads with your multiple bumps recently

Get a life
Looser
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #1003
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Well like i said Barbarian,with more collectors and less Shin's to go around,supply and demand is a real issue,but atleast you made double,nothing wrong with that
You are totally right.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:17 PM   #1004
Ricky Bobby

So Barbarian does the new owner of your original Shin understand its current value,and honestly imo i cant see this piece selling for less than 1500 in the future,the edition size is smaller than SS Doom PF and we all know the price range for that piece
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:26 PM   #1005
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
So Barbarian does the new owner of your original Shin understand its current value,and honestly imo i cant see this piece selling for less than 1500 in the future,the edition size is smaller than SS Doom PF and we all know the price range for that piece
Oh hell, I have no idea, bro. I'm guessing he does know the value only because of how much he paid for it. I sold it to him for $500 only a few months after it came out because I needed the money for an emergency. It wasn't easy to let go of, but I had no choice. I hope he know the value at least. He bought himself a gold mine!
Old 08-04-2010, 08:37 PM   #1006
Ricky Bobby

Quite possibly a diamond mine bro,gold is selling at what 1200 a pound.And Shin Akuma sold once this year for 1800.Golds got nothing on this piece,and the surprising thing is owners are not budging,even when its selling at 8 times the original value.Its become a Picasso of sort
Old 08-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #1007
woozie0
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
That seller pulled out of the sale cause it sold for less than he wanted. Check his feedback, the buyer gave him a negative and the seller gave some lame reply. He then relisted it in hopes to sell it for more $$$$$.

LAME SELLER
Quote:
I noticed that too,the seller claimed he was on vacation or something,but what did he expect when you customize an already SICK statue,there really was no need for it.Of course its not gonna sell for more than a stock version.Shin sells himself,he does not need customization,though i got nothing against customizing.In the end the seller is a douche,though this time around his Shin sold for 1400 as oppose to the first time which was 1200.
Just a thought...what if he was on vacation?
woozie0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #1008
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Quite possibly a diamond mine bro,gold is selling at what 1200 a pound.And Shin Akuma sold once this year for 1800.Golds got nothing on this piece,and the surprising thing is owners are not budging,even when its selling at 8 times the original value.Its become a Picasso of sort
True, but in this hobby, values almost always have a ceiling. They will stay at that point for a time and then decline, only to again return to the ceiling later. I think there comes a point in any piece's value ranking that it's time to sell. You can always buy it later when it gets cheaper. Of course there are exceptions to this rule.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:57 PM   #1009
Ricky Bobby

The seller could of been on vacation,but i have dealt with other ebay sellers on vacation,in the end i still got my item,even if wasnt right away,but the first guy who one the auction for Shin got nothing...i dont know seems a little fishy because who would turn down a 1200 Shin Akuma,when we all know it goes for more.IMO the seller would probably want to pass knowing one sold a couple months ago for almost 2k,and another one which sold for a little more than 2k last year.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #1010
Ricky Bobby

And yes i agree Barbarian almost every item in this hobby has a price limit,and just like the stock markets values for certain items will go up and down.But like you said there are exceptions(Shin,Doom,Xmen vs Sen1) that will sell for different prices but whatever those prices are,in the end they are not gonna be cheap,thats for sure