Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-29-2022, 01:13 AM   #1041
AC_808
Hercules

Yeah, there are many out there, but this is one of the best classic Caps out there, tho.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 09:17 AM   #1042
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Mephisto

I bought the XM captain America yesterday over this. This is a great statue but the XM version A has an ES of 88 versus SS' 3500.
PCS_Sagat_Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 11:59 AM   #1043
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Maybe people are waiting for this Captain America.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 12:04 PM   #1044
Mister H
Ultimates

If Popeye was Cap. ^^^^^^^^
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 10:25 AM   #1045
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Finally managed to pickup "The Captain" late last evening, set him up after midnight, & simply put, what a sight!

It's all been already said by every talking head who owns this statue; anatomy, portrait, detailing, paint, action, flow, balance, presence, are all as close to perfect as you can get for this character. So, one question still remains.

WHY THE FCK IS THIS THING STILL IN STOCK??????

I mean, if we as a collecting community can't rally behind this quality of work in droves? Then, I suggest an imaginary bullet to the head, in order to verify if we are not already creatively dead.

Seriously folks, ignore the silly straw men arguments/fears regarding "leaning", popeye forearms (wait til you see his biceps!), or bullets in a fcking firefight! They don't exist, & in fact are brilliant aspects/additions to the work.

To all collectors, this is simply next level sh!t! Just get it!
I agree, tho for me I hope it stays in stock a while since I can't afford it yet. To me its my favorite 1/4th cap to date.

Pretty sure overall sales are slowing way down, if you consider how crazy shipping prices are (use to cost 30-35 bucks to ship the next county over, now its like 55-60). Keep an eye on how many reward points in events/coupons they start doing to get people motivated is a strong indicator to me.

The fact that they also introduced the whole SMS to do more sales is another way to getting you motivated like "here's a secret deal just for you hard core fans". Seems like another way of luring you to buy something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS_Sagat_Buyer View Post
I bought the XM captain America yesterday over this. This is a great statue but the XM version A has an ES of 88 versus SS' 3500.
If ES is that important to you sure, but if you are just looking at it at the stand point of reselling value, it only takes a nick or two before it devalues with people. Have had several folks try to low ball over any imperfection.

I'll take SS cap any day, even with a larger ES, just stands out to me that much more.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 11:45 AM   #1046
AC_808
Hercules

I have to agree. ES does not mean much when deciding which statue to buy. I go for the best looking statue every time. And the total cost has to be worth the statue as well.

To me the SSC Cap looks better than the Cap from XM. Body sculpt, portrait, proportions and pose are better done with SSC.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 11:23 PM   #1047
pau123
Sailor Moon

Some of the older XM statues, even low es is reselling at super discounted prices too. Personally, I go after statues that look the best of the option, es is not the main concern.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 06:52 AM   #1048
101son
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau123 View Post
Some of the older XM statues, even low es is reselling at super discounted prices too. Personally, I go after statues that look the best of the option, es is not the main concern.
Agreed, a perfect example is the recent spiderman symbiote with an es of 5000, love that piece.
101son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 06:30 PM   #1049
DevGuy
The Spirit

SS cap is far more aesthetically pleasing than the XM, who cares about "detail" if your idea is boring.
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 04:03 AM   #1050
becakbagus
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
If Popeye was Cap. ^^^^^^^^
LOL .....
becakbagus is offline   Reply With Quote