Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-08-2015, 12:28 AM   #1071
jasong888
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

was thinking of picking these up, but does anyone know of a remote to turn on/off AND change the color?
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50192365/
jasong888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:58 PM   #1072
dr.banner
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Dimmable lighting is done for half my cabinets sorry about the dust I had my pieces boxed for about a month and kept procrastinating doing the wiring pain in the arse.

dr.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:53 PM   #1073
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Alright guys i was looking around and about to get my acrylic for my Pax unit and i was looking at professional plastics and there is so many acrylic options I'm overwhelmed and i can't remember what page it is or what kind of acrylic is recommended for us??

There is some kind of acrylic you can buy that it is so clear and glare resistant that when you take pictures while acrylic doors are shut it looks like acrylic isn't even there and i don't know which one it is, wondering if someone could help if they know?

This is where i was going to order from and if you guys know better place to get same stuff let me know… Im tired of dusting and ready to get my acrylic that way we can get our sliding doors on and done..

Here is site: http://www.professionalplastics.com

Thanks for anyone who is able to help

Sarah JOE
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:03 AM   #1074
jasong888
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Alright guys i was looking around and about to get my acrylic for my Pax unit and i was looking at professional plastics and there is so many acrylic options I'm overwhelmed and i can't remember what page it is or what kind of acrylic is recommended for us??

There is some kind of acrylic you can buy that it is so clear and glare resistant that when you take pictures while acrylic doors are shut it looks like acrylic isn't even there and i don't know which one it is, wondering if someone could help if they know?

This is where i was going to order from and if you guys know better place to get same stuff let me know… Im tired of dusting and ready to get my acrylic that way we can get our sliding doors on and done..

Here is site: http://www.professionalplastics.com

Thanks for anyone who is able to help

Sarah JOE
i would also like to know as i need to put my order in as for my pax sliding doors.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:22 AM   #1075
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong888 View Post
i would also like to know as i need to put my order in as for my pax sliding doors.
Jason I had to be proactive as didn't know if anyone knew off hand and I knew it was in here and I found this from many pages back (page 65) think they're is some good info but haven't read thru it all because I'm at work but try reading this below...

Quote:
VRAC POSTED THIS ON BATMAN BOARD FOR ME BUT I HAVE QUESTIONS FOR THE DOOR PANNELS! SORRY FOR CAPS!

These are the sliding doors i got for our pax unit 59x92 7/8ths

Im going to take out the three metal brackets making two separate acrylic pieces to go on our doors but i need to know exact measurements and i don't know what they are can someone help??

______________________________________________________________________________________________

FROM THE FREAKS BOARD GAGALIYA

Hey guys, finally got around to finish this up tonight. Now that it's done, i would recommend single panel pax over my previous setup (unless you just dont like the look), it offers so much more flexibility as you can fully adjust each shelf and it has 90" height! For example set a 45" height for lsf then 15" right above for HT dolls etc.. It is also actually easier to install

For the single panel custom pax my two biggest fears were the acrylic panel wont fit properly, or even if it fits it will sag. We are talking about a 90"x40" acrylic panel, which is gigantic! Luckily everything went perfect and there is no sagging or any kind of issues.

Full spec below for anyone looking to do something similar, i am not going to duplicate details in my previous post such as lighting etc.., please see this link on those items: http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...73&postcount=9

-------------------------------

How to build your single panel 80"x90" Ikea PAX

NOTE: all measurements here are specific to the 80"x90" pax ONLY, do not copy them if you are choosing a different size. For another size, you will need to buy the sliding doors first, assemble them, then measure precisely to get the dimensions for the acrylic panels.

1) Select the correct PAX base (link: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/pr...02/#/S49894847).

Use the drop down to select the correct width/height: 78"x25"x93"

Note: Depends on the color, the measurement displayed will vary slightly, i dont know why ikea does that but it's fine as they all use the same sliding doors.

2) Order your custom display panels. (link: http://www.professionalplastics.com/...rch_id=1013418 )

- This step is CRITICAL, make sure you follow all the items below exactly.
- I ordered from professionalplastics.com, they are by far the cheapest around include shipping. But takes 2 weeks to ship.
- Make sure you order CELL CAST acrylic (linked) NOT extruded as I suggested in my old setup, because it's more rigid than extrude, given the size of the panel this is very important. Another advantage is the clarity is better but also slightly more expensive. I also selected a slightly thicker size for added rigidity.
- Exact measurement: 2X .187" THICK X 35.375" X 86.3125" @ +/-0.062 TOLERANCE

3) Select the shelf (link: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/pr...122/#/60203132 )

You need at least 3 pack (for 6 shelves), but given now you can fully adjust the height, i would buy 4 pack (8 shelves). Dont use the glass shelves, they too risky.

select the correct width: 39"x22" and match color to step 1)

4) Select the lighting(optional): (link: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40163844/ )

Select the correct width: 36" see my previous linked post on why this led is so great and the required accessories needed.

5) Install your PAX!

Follow the instructions except for the sliding door steps where it ask you to install the 4x horizontal beams in the two sliding doors, skip them! Just install the frame only and secure the giant acrylic panel in it! It may move slightly which is fine, in the later step you will completely secure it with those rubber plugs.

This is definitely a 2 person job as you need to align the acrylic panel into the little opening on all 4 sides of the door frame.

6) Post pictures

---------

COST

1x ikea Pax: $500
2x cellcast acrylic panel: $280 shipped
4x ikea shelves: $100
8x ikea KOMPLEMENT led lighting: $280
Various accessories: $40
Not constantly running out of shelf space: priceless
----
TOTAL: ~$1200

The cost here may seems a bit high at first, but if you consider how many 1/4 statues you can actually fit in this 1 setup compared to a besta or other curios, it is a bargain! Also how good it looks.

--------------------

PHOTOS: All photos are taken through the closed acrylic doors, you can see how crystal clear those panels are - much better than glass, almost 100% light pass through.

I also included some of the shelves to show the amount of statues you can actually fit in 1.

Note: in person, the lighting is no way close to this orange, it's the camera.
Hope this helps!

Sarah Joe
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:39 AM   #1076
jasong888

SWEET! THANKS SARAH!
Old 03-31-2015, 10:32 AM   #1077
shin3000
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Jason I had to be proactive as didn't know if anyone knew off hand and I knew it was in here and I found this from many pages back (page 65) think they're is some good info but haven't read thru it all because I'm at work but try reading this below...

Hope this helps!

Sarah Joe
Hey Sarah, do you have the link to the original post? I'd like to look at the actual shelves. This is very very helpful! Thanks.
shin3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:47 AM   #1078
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

i think the new besta is starting to show up on the site..pretty sure this is a new color scheme, no idea how much the doors are individually though, but going off the prices(this one is 590) i don't think they changed the prices at all
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 07:27 AM   #1079
CtrlAltElite
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Link?
CtrlAltElite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:07 PM   #1080
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/ca...ng_room/11794/
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote