Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 10-10-2006, 07:15 AM   #101
bane
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Saw the fight Leon and was sooo glad your cousin won from Breggy !! IMO Breggy wouldn't fit in the finals between all the big name fighters , and I don't appreciate the attitude he showed against Semmy when the fight started . In December Sem is facing Jerome , that'll be a great fight , I saw the fight between Jerome and Hung Choi , the giant that was like David and Goliath , but a deserved victory for lebanner shows he can manage a big fighter !!!
bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:21 AM   #102
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bane View Post
Saw the fight Leon and was sooo glad your cousin won from Breggy !! IMO Breggy wouldn't fit in the finals between all the big name fighters , and I don't appreciate the attitude he showed against Semmy when the fight started . In December Sem is facing Jerome , that'll be a great fight , I saw the fight between Jerome and Hung Choi , the giant that was like David and Goliath , but a deserved victory for lebanner shows he can manage a big fighter !!!
Yeah, I don't really know what Bregy wanted to accomplish. Some mental game? Schilt's to 'sober' for that. (nuchtere hollander)
Funny thing is, you see Bregy trying to 'stare down' at Schilt when they are before the ref, but after a few seconds he already hangs his head.
Sem let Bregy show that he didn't belong in the finals, ko'ed him and didn't even use his infamous knees!

Your man Jerome! I'm so glad he's in the finals! Imo he already won in the first 3 rounds from Choi, they shouldn't have taken a 4th. BUT....I think Choi was more 'active' in the 4th, so if the entire fight was based on that it wouldv'e been very close for LeBanner.

I read that Sem picked the first fight for the finals before knowing who he was up against. He just wanted to be the first. And Jerome picked that fight cause he wanted to fight the champ. So it's defenitely gonna be a great match!
I hope that whomever wins that particular fight, takes the titel.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:05 AM   #103
bane

I also hope that one of those two wins the title , I know Hoost can't handle Sem's lenght but he can trick Lebanner into making mistakes , Bonjasky is a tactical fighter and has good Legg work but I doubt he can High Kick or Knee Semmy to the Canvas , I saw Him fight Lebanner in the Arena and he won but not deserved IMO and other agree with me on that one , he didn't do much because he was affraid to open his guard , so most of Lebanner's kicks and punches landed on Remy's guard but still Lebanner did most of the fighting , nevertheless that was a lame fight with no high peeks in it , if it comes down for a title they'll be more eager to win and will fight harder .

I think it will come down to those four to win the tournament this year .
Old 10-11-2006, 10:18 AM   #104
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

You're right. It'll be between Sem/LeBanner/Bonjaski and I'll add Feitosa.
Feitosa and Bonjaski will win from those they are going up against, IF they fight like they did in the eliminations. But sooner or later they must go up against Sem/LeBanner and they will lose.
There is a big chance Sefo/Aerts will be the reserve match. Mark my words; Aerts will be in the finals
Old 10-11-2006, 11:23 AM   #105
bane

I was kind of hoping Aerts would be involved in the finals , K-1 isn't the same without him , and that could change a lot in the final eliminations !! He isn't the Lumberjack from ten years ago but he can still kick some @ss !!
We'll just have to wait and see .
Me and a friend of mine were planning a trip to Japan a few years back to go and see te K-1 live but it was a bit too expensive !! Don't think it'll happen or I'll have to win the lottery !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léon 't Hoen View Post
You're right. It'll be between Sem/LeBanner/Bonjaski and I'll add Feitosa.
Feitosa and Bonjaski will win from those they are going up against, IF they fight like they did in the eliminations. But sooner or later they must go up against Sem/LeBanner and they will lose.
There is a big chance Sefo/Aerts will be the reserve match. Mark my words; Aerts will be in the finals
Old 10-12-2006, 09:37 AM   #106
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Would love to see a K1 final in Japan too, but there's no way I can afford it.

A friend of mine (and of Sem's) went to New Zealand on holiday at the same time Sem had to fight against Aerts (last year). He got in and met Sem and afterwards got the whole vip treatment. He met all the big names, Sefo, Aerts you name it. I still hate him for it .
Old 10-12-2006, 03:20 PM   #107
bane

the whole VIP treatment !! that sounds great , I met a lot of fighters myself , I trained with Aerts a few times in Holland and Did a training seminair with Hoost but haven't had the chance to train with Jerome yet , and I'm not in the same shape I used to be so I think it won't happen anymore .

And I haven't heard an opinion from Sam Wilson yet !! is he sleeping ! I know he's more of a Pride guy but I'm surprised I haven't read something from him yet ... The same goes for Leks too !!

Quote:
Would love to see a K1 final in Japan too, but there's no way I can afford it.

A friend of mine (and of Sem's) went to New Zealand on holiday at the same time Sem had to fight against Aerts (last year). He got in and met Sem and afterwards got the whole vip treatment. He met all the big names, Sefo, Aerts you name it. I still hate him for it .
Old 10-13-2006, 09:49 AM   #108
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
the whole VIP treatment !! that sounds great , I met a lot of fighters myself , I trained with Aerts a few times in Holland and Did a training seminair with Hoost but haven't had the chance to train with Jerome yet , and I'm not in the same shape I used to be so I think it won't happen anymore .

And I haven't heard an opinion from Sam Wilson yet !! is he sleeping ! I know he's more of a Pride guy but I'm surprised I haven't read something from him yet ... The same goes for Leks too !!
Maybe if we talk about knitting and baking Sam & Leks would wake up!

But cool that you trained with Aerts and Hoost! Everyone says they're nice guys, are they?
Old 10-14-2006, 07:52 AM   #109
bane

Quote:
Maybe if we talk about knitting and baking Sam & Leks would wake up!

But cool that you trained with Aerts and Hoost! Everyone says they're nice guys, are they?
They're the best , these guys are so friendly you come to appreciate them even more as athletes .
I still have some pics stuffed somewhere but have to search for them .
Old 10-14-2006, 11:45 AM   #110
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
They're the best , these guys are so friendly you come to appreciate them even more as athletes .
I still have some pics stuffed somewhere but have to search for them .
So go search! I wanna see them!