SquiderM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:07 PM   #112
SquiderM3
What's another word for Thesaurus?

This piece is just beautiful...

Old 01-11-2008, 09:14 PM   #113
nemesisenforcer
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Thanks Squid
nemesisenforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:36 AM   #114
seymourito
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquiderM3 View Post
Some recent pick ups...

she's hawt!
seymourito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:19 AM   #115
geto10
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Nice pics man!
geto10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:18 AM   #116
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Nice additions and great pics SM3.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 12:01 PM   #117
dschoemaker1
Doh!

Beautiful set up. Not only are you not married, but with that much around I'm guessing you don't have any little ones running around? My 6 year old is a terror and constantly tries to find ways into my cabinets.

As a Kitbuilder I'd say get there are only two reasons to fix the cracks. One, its bugging you (I mean REALLY bugging you); and two, if they take any of the weight of the figure they can get worse as time goes on. I pin EVERYTHING I can on my figures for that very reason. These don't look like weight points, but its hard to tell.

That being said, make darn sure the person you turn it over to knows what they are doing. Even a good repair/kitbuilder can fudge something up and your risking your entire statue. Better a small crack than a bad repair job.

In fact, if you can live with the shame I'd leave them alone unless they are going to get worse.

Also, did you collect all those this year? Or did you collect before and now just bs with the forum? I'd have to sell a kid or two to get that kind of collection in one year . . . oh, and get divorced. Hmmmmmm.

As I said initially, beautiful setup.
dschoemaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 12:03 PM   #118
Poisonous
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Nice pics Squid.
Poisonous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 12:41 PM   #119
SquiderM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoemaker1 View Post
Beautiful set up. Not only are you not married, but with that much around I'm guessing you don't have any little ones running around? My 6 year old is a terror and constantly tries to find ways into my cabinets.

As a Kitbuilder I'd say get there are only two reasons to fix the cracks. One, its bugging you (I mean REALLY bugging you); and two, if they take any of the weight of the figure they can get worse as time goes on. I pin EVERYTHING I can on my figures for that very reason. These don't look like weight points, but its hard to tell.

That being said, make darn sure the person you turn it over to knows what they are doing. Even a good repair/kitbuilder can fudge something up and your risking your entire statue. Better a small crack than a bad repair job.

In fact, if you can live with the shame I'd leave them alone unless they are going to get worse.

Also, did you collect all those this year? Or did you collect before and now just bs with the forum? I'd have to sell a kid or two to get that kind of collection in one year . . . oh, and get divorced. Hmmmmmm.

As I said initially, beautiful setup.

Thanks for the advice regarding the crack on the statue. It still annoys me but not as much as when I first received it so I have decided to just leave it alone. I'll make a small mark on it to gauge whether it gets worse or not.

To answer your question, 95% of the collection, namely all SS, Attakus, and Hard Hero were all collected after I joined this forum. I had a few Bowen's and the Moore Pitt before joining this site. All of the info, hype and photos on this site have caused a purchase frenzy over the last year to catch up on previously released pieces. I didn't realize before coming here that all the other companies even existed. It has definitely been an expensive year but I don't like to think about that, the collection brings enough joy to make it all worthwhile.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:26 AM   #120
SquiderM3

Evil Ryu, #143/175