Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 01-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #111
robomorph
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Was there a flaw with the original HT Tumbler ? I have it and haven't had any probs at all.
There were a couple of issues, which I'm hoping they rectify this time around. One being the fragility of the suspension linkages, which often turned up broken.

The other common one was that the Tumbler was packed so that the roof was allowed to rub against a fairly abrasive part of the packing material, and many suffered from scuffs or pale patches where the paint wore away in shipping. Some retailers like Toys2 actually took to unpacking their stock and inserting a piece of clear plastic film between the roof and packaging so that it didn't happen. But there are LOTS of Tumblers out there with minor paint damages due to the way it was packed.

I couldn't actually find one from the original run that didn't have the issue (some were worse than others), so I'm really hoping HT don't repeat the mistake this time round.
robomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:18 PM   #112
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robomorph View Post
There were a couple of issues, which I'm hoping they rectify this time around. One being the fragility of the suspension linkages, which often turned up broken.

The other common one was that the Tumbler was packed so that the roof was allowed to rub against a fairly abrasive part of the packing material, and many suffered from scuffs or pale patches where the paint wore away in shipping. Some retailers like Toys2 actually took to unpacking their stock and inserting a piece of clear plastic film between the roof and packaging so that it didn't happen. But there are LOTS of Tumblers out there with minor paint damages due to the way it was packed.

I couldn't actually find one from the original run that didn't have the issue (some were worse than others), so I'm really hoping HT don't repeat the mistake this time round.
So sounds like it was a packaging issue rather than the Tumbler itself. From memory, mine was pretty well packed so that must have been corrected by the retailer

I'm still waiting for the rubber dome on my ED-209 to start cracking or lifting, but no sign of trouble . . . yet.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #113
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
I wouldn't pretend to know what they would be able to sell one for. Is it worth $350K? Not to me. Then again, neither is a Lambo when I can get a ZR1 for a quarter of the price. But people still buy the Lambos at $400K (obviously for the look and status ONLY) so who knows what people would pay to own a real Tumbler and the status of owning one?
Quote:
I strongly disagree . . . it's not about 'the look or the status' . . . it's all about over-compensating for smaller genitals

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #114
GUILTY GEAR
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

very interesting, so chris, between ferrari & Lambo.....which one is worth it to buy? if i hit the Lotto i prob buy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Sure you could, its got a much smaller engine than a lambo. Even if someone wanted to mass produce these, the most they would probably be able to sell them at is $350k.....maybe....but not much more.

Its even cheaper to insure since its not street legal.

Chris
GUILTY GEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #115
robomorph
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
So sounds like it was a packaging issue rather than the Tumbler itself.
Yeah I think nearly all the issues were due to the way it was packed. I know a few turned up with lights not working but no more so than any other item with multiple LEDS.

If they pack it right, it should be fine.
robomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #116
Fremen
Birds of Prey

It really cheap plastic but the size of it makes up for it I guess.

I was actually surprised at how cheap I thought it was when I opened it but I was used to statues at not HT at the time.
It looks impressive though.

Mine has the rubbing problem at the top and a couple of broken spoilers.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #117
Fremen
Birds of Prey

Oh and two of the leds not working.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #118
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUILTY GEAR View Post
very interesting, so chris, between ferrari & Lambo.....which one is worth it to buy? if i hit the Lotto i prob buy one.
I've owned a few Ferrari's in the past, sold them all. Never really drove them much, and when I did their was always an issue. I remember the 360 I had always had an issue with the door locks. I would pull up to a car meet or restaurant and get locked in my own car. I would then have to maneuver myself to climb out the window.....embarrassing. It was a common issue with the 360.

My 355 spyder had alot of issues with cooling, and the power seat motos would always get stuck.

I got a Murcielago in the garage now which I've never had a major issue with yet. Amazing car and "Go's" like nothing else I've had. I've always been a Lambo guy since I was a kid. Ferrari's to me are the "honda" of the supercar world. Everyones got one and their styling isnt loud enough for my taste.

So I say Lambo all the way!

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #119
docmario
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

I actually PO it,but then quickly changed my mind n cancelled it. I know for sure HT will make the camo version, and even the batman jet thing from this upcoming movie,And many more...it will never ends n its just the beggining like the multi iron man productions alrdy.
docmario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #120
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Your both wrong, the tumbler only cost $250k to build. A base Murcielago or Aventador starts at $400k+

Trust me

(scroll to the bottom where it says production process, 3rd paragraph)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batmobile

Chris
I was talking about an actual all the technology works, jumping from roof top to roof top,bat pod springing out of the tumbler tumbler not a production one
Titanchuck is offline   Reply With Quote