Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: TYRANT VS DESTROYER
Tyrant 12 66.67%
Destroyer 6 33.33%
Stalemate 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2008, 12:00 PM   #111
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPH4T34M View Post
Instead of "picking Ages" for our particular arguments why don't we just take Odin and Galactus at their peak, whatever "Age" that may be in, ok?

Which mean Big G trumps Odin for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even a god damn midnight snack!!

Then he hurls because of the hurting Odin layed on him.

Now your going to second guess what Kirby thought he was saying????

No I just need clarification but since he is no longer around and can't say I guess we'll have to determine Odin and Galactus' power level based on how Marvel uses them now. Galactus gets punked too much by various writers and its hard to tell where he power level is.

...and like I said before, at Big G's peak, Thor can't do jack or jill to him either!
I'm not talking about Thor doing jack sh!t to Galactus at his peak I'm talking about a Odin battle with Galactus at their respective peaks.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:05 PM   #112
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Fact is Odin SUCKS! Close the damn thread!!!!
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:08 PM   #113
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

I'm going with the no logic approach now.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:12 PM   #114
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPH4T34M View Post
Was Galactus at his "hurricane" force, at "peak performance" at that time?, no. Also, have you forgotten what happened after that?

The idea that Galactus the 3rd force in the universe was tied up by 2 inferior beings and used says volumes about his power level. Celestials are never protrayed as fluctuating in power.

Odin isn't a 2 bit chump, he's a 16 bit chump where as Galactus is at 128 bits!

Odin must be a pretty impressive "16 bit" chump to have galaxy busting power. I guess Galactus when his power wanes is a 8 bit chump.

Tyrant was a threat to Galactus before the two battled together and after it Big G took away a large bulk of Tyrant’s powers and so is no longer a threat at all to Galactus.

Yet Galactus let him keep his Herald because he was not a threat.

However this version of a de-powered Tyrant is still a match IMO for Odin.
Whether Tyrant is a match for Odin or not remains to be seen since both are now dead maybe they can fight it out in the after life. Give it a year they'll both be back.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:03 PM   #115
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
Close the thread before he does more double talking. I can't take much more.
I'm so glad I'm a source of consistant irrtation for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
hehe, actually, he doesn't. He just likes to double talk and avoid responding directly to all questions since he's been proven wrong by all of us.

You do realize I respond to all questions.

First Thor can't do jack to a Celestial, but then the fact that he CAN proves his point?? Then, somehow, Odin beating the Silver Surfer by himself is "better" than Tyrant beating Surfer, Gladiator and BRB at the same time (BRB being EXACTLY the same as Thor). And this from a supposedly de-powered version of Tyrant (meaning Galactus must be a lot more powerful).

So you saying that the tiny pin pick that Thor put in the Celestial's armor, using all his might and belt of strength is doing something to the Celestial? In that case I guess Thor can damage a Celestial wow that really slowed those evil Celestials who has the power. As far as Odin facing Bill, Surfer, and Thanos I used Odin's encounter with those beings as a benchmark as to compare how fast he beat them compared to how long it took Tyrant to take them down. In case you forgot when they first met Odin just encased Bill in a bubble of energy that Bill couldn't escape from. The Surfer lost in one page I think and Thanos was on his knees not admitting defeat but when does Thanos get beaten to his knees?! not often. Bottom line is that Odin did take down the most powerful members of the Infinity Watch with no sweat and he would take down the same team the Tyrant fought in like fashion.

One more thing you are forgetting and that is Tyrant has been building his power levels back up slowly over the eons and he was not as weak is was not fully weak as he was when Galactus first depowered him. This was one of the main reasons that Galactus didn't fight him when Tyrant took Morg. Galactus knew that Tyrant was not as weak as he once was when they first fought and that and he also knew that a fight between them would wreck most of that sector. Couple this with the amount of power that Galactus would spend to recapture Morg the fight was not worth it at that time. Galactus did say he would deal with Morg in time.

We've given facts, Mak has given his "opinion". Facts win
Ok here we go with some more of Makkari's facts:

1.) Odin gave Beta Ray Bill his power so there is no fight here.

BRB beat Thor BEFORE Odin did anything. How much extra power did Odin really give him??

Since Bill took Thor's hammer and gained Thor's power in addition to his own he challenged Odin when they first met and Odin quickly took Bill out of the fight even with the added power and like I said earlier no contest.

2.) Already spanked the Surfer so no contest here.

So did Tyrant, as well as BRB and Gladiator at the same time...

Odin spanked Drax the Destroyer, Silver Surfer and Thanos in rapid succession. They all lost so if you think Odin can't do the business think again.

3.) Sent Glads back to his own time so no real fight there.

Not sure what this has to do with anything?

If Glads couldn't get past Thor how will he fight Odin?

4.) JOH and the Spinnster chick again no fight.

What does this have to do with Odin being more powerful?

There is no reference about these two ever fighting Odin and they where really non factors in the Tyrant fight and I don't see them being a factor in a Odin fight.

5.) Terrax got punked by Thanos and Odin would spank Terrax worst.

And again, Tyrant beat up Terrax as well, along with JOH, Ganamede and Legacy, at the same time...

So you really think Odin couldn't either?

6.) Morg is no threat to Odin will be sent home to his mama.

And how exactly was Morg a thread to Tyrant? Tyrant made Morg a drooling idiot slave with his abilities.

Terrax and Morg really cost the heroes the fight with Tyrant because these 2 fools were fighting each other instead of combining their power with the others to fight Tyrant. If they combined their power together with the others I believe Tyrant would had either been hurt or defeated but its hard to say because the scenario never happened.

7.) Odin already beat Thanos which is something Tyrant can't claim and a draw is a draw.

Because Thanos couldn't die. We can't say that about Odin of course...

Last time I checked the following person's are now dead.

1.) Odin
2.) Thanos
3.) Tyrant

So I guess all 3 can fight in the after life or go have a drink. Of course they will all be back so give it a year or so. Remember this is Marvel where the dead don't stay dead.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:05 PM   #116
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Fact is Odin SUCKS! Close the damn thread!!!!
Are you enjoying your Odin sculpt?

Quote:
You were using logic? wow.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:22 PM   #117
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
This comment confuses me. The story I was referencing was a Lee/Kirby story from the '60s, long before anyone had dreamed up Celestials (I think). I don't believe Odin had concerns then about Galactus' being a Celestial. He was worried about Galactus' threat to Asgard just in and of itself.

As to whether Odin thought a battle between himself and Galactus would be pretty even and would destroy Asgard and Earth, or if Odin felt Galactus might be too powerful for him to stop, I guess it's all conjecture. From the comments Odin actually made in the comic, he clearly had some level of fear about Galactus' coming.
Check out Thor (#300 I think) where Thor said he finally understood why Odin had him find out Galactus' orgin because he thought Galactus might be a renagade Celestial. Once he found out Galactus was not on his radar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordvader View Post
Are we talking about the same Blood and Thunder battle where Odin hit Thanos with everything he had and Thanos kept fighting back. As for poisoning Odin, for anybody that has read most Thanos comics he would rather use tactics then to fight someone anyday.

Are we also talking about the same Silver Surfer that got manhandled by the Hulk and put in an armbar by the Black Panther recently?
Where does it say Odin hit Thanos with everything his had? It seems to me Odin showed Thanos mercy by not taking him out. It was not Odin's intention not to kill Thanos.

As far as the Surfer is concerned he is the same one that just beat 2 Galactus level beings (Tenebrous and Aegis) and he also turned the Hulk back into Banner by sucking the gamma radiator out him. The same one that could have fried Black Panther but showed resistraint yeah the same Surfer.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:54 PM   #118
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Don't be like Makk!
ALPH4T34M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:59 PM   #119
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
I'm not talking about Thor doing jack sh!t to Galactus at his peak I'm talking about a Odin battle with Galactus at their respective peaks.
Oh but you did;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
Galactus has not only been hurt by Thor but driven a way from Ego by Thor. Odin is far above his son in power and if Thor can hurt Galactus I wonder what Odin could do to him?
Old 10-23-2008, 02:03 PM   #120
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

A few FINAL points:

Fully powered Galactus beats any Celestial!

Tyrant beats Destroyer!

Tyrant beats Odin!

My thread, my rules, Makk is banned!!!