Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-01-2014, 12:43 PM   #111
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfchang View Post
Let's get a few things cleared up.

1. There does not exist on this planet 1000 people in any way, shape, or form who will pay 1200 dollars for Cain from Robocop 2.

Now, I know that if you have been waiting for 25 plus years to have the ultimate Cain collectible it may be shocking to hear this but there MIGHT be a few dozen people out there who love this character as much as you do and most of them are either working at Tippett Studios, Chronicles, or here on the forum exchanging high 5's with you.

2. For those of you thinking it will take forever to sell out, understand that Toynami is ultimately making this and they have a habit of setting their collectibles at "1000" and never coming close to making that many.

The same guy who owns Toynami owns Cinemaquette. Some research on how Cinemaquette does their numbers will tell you what is going to happen.

3. They make these in batches. Likely of 200 if that. As that sells out, they order more batches. While the demand for a 1200 Cain collectible will be limited, they won't wind up making that many.

My best guess is they will be producing 200 to 300 MAX.

Remember that the Steve Wang Cinemaquette Predator at 2000 dollars only sold about 600 or so.

Finally, I'll get this but there is no way I'm giving 1200 cash to a company with zero history or credentials. No thank you, I'll gladly pay the 100 dollar tax. This thing can be amazing or the company can be bankrupt in 3 months . . . all possibilities in between are on the table.

Fred Barton was great too and now he's likely fled the country with his reputation in tatters.

I advise caution until the product is in hand to see if production can truly match prototype and also to see if there won't be a half year delay or two thrown in for good measure.

It's one thing to show you the prototype, quite another to manufacture a few hundred of them from those Chinese factories . . .

Also, after seeing the updated photos not only do I still believe ED is to small....I think the base is to small as well.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:56 PM   #112
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
This. I always extrapolate the a company's willingness and ability (or lack thereof) to communicate up front as to how they will deal with me once they have my money and heaven forsake, there is an issue with the product.
Presently the company is exposing at WF.
I'm sure they are working on the international consumers issues to offer the best service.
I'm in the same boat.
Let's give them time, Chronicle just bloomed a few days ago, everything is so fresh, paint is still wet.
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:02 PM   #113
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post

Also, after seeing the updated photos not only do I still believe ED is to small....I think the base is to small as well.

Chris
How can it be any bigger or better than that, it's a studio scale prop replica, from the original puppet.
Unless you're looking for the life size ED?
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:04 PM   #114
thx217
Ultimates

Imteresting. Since when talking about spaming a new company's social media site is not being frowned upon by the MODs? Didn't they mentiomed that they will addrrss the shipping issue? Why cry over something that's not even an real issue? At least not yet. Especially from a MOD. People sure like to jump the gun nowadays. If they choose not to answer whatever basic questions, which is dumb not to address and it will be their lost at the end of day.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:05 PM   #115
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAIN MKII View Post
How can it be any bigger or better than that, it's a studio scale prop replica, from the original puppet.
Big enough to match 1/4 scale.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:16 PM   #116
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAIN MKII View Post
Well for one....his toes hang off he side of the base.

It's like one team made the maquette and the other team made the base, but no one thought to measure first.

Then when they put them together they were like...dam...well maybe no one will notice.

There's also a pic on FB with Tippett standing next to ED and gezz is it small. Looks to be 7"-8" or so without the base.

Chris
Old 06-01-2014, 02:16 PM   #117
Atheris
The Maxx

This is more my scale

http://youtu.be/Pe6eo_ntVlU

Chris
Old 06-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #118
kmbas
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
Imteresting. Since when talking about spaming a new company's social media site is not being frowned upon by the MODs? Didn't they mentiomed that they will addrrss the shipping issue? Why cry over something that's not even an real issue? At least not yet. Especially from a MOD. People sure like to jump the gun nowadays. If they choose not to answer whatever basic questions, which is dump not address and it will be their lost at the end of day.
I don't think people are jumping the gun to be honest. It is an issue for some people because they are not answering the questions people are putting to them. Some people have already spent the 1200 on the statue and with no gaurentee of international shipping what are they supposed to do now? If people are going to cough up 1200 for a statue then the least they can expect is a bit of courtesy in return.

It just takes a simple response from the company confirming they do do it or they don't. It could be all cleared up with a simple answer. As I mentioned I already sent them at least 3 emails, numerous facebook messages and phoned them a few times and got nothing back in response. Leaving people in limbo doesn't reflect well on the company particularly if its a start-up company.
kmbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:20 PM   #119
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmbas View Post
I don't think people are jumping the gun to be honest. It is an issue for some people because they are not answering the questions people are putting to them. Some people have already spent the 1200 on the statue and with no gaurentee of international shipping what are they supposed to do now? If people are going to cough up 1200 for a statue then the least they can expect is a bit of courtesy in return.

It just takes a simple response from the company confirming they do do it or they don't. It could be all cleared up with a simple answer. As I mentioned I already sent them at least 3 emails, numerous facebook messages and phoned them a few times and got nothing back in response. Leaving people in limbo doesn't reflect well on the company particularly if its a start-up company.
Like I mentioned, my friend. It will be their lost if they don't do this right. Let's wait and see, shall we?

There are few things in my collections that are not available in the US, but I still got them on my shelves. I'd hate to see if Chronicle dropped the ball on this but if you really want something bad like I do, you'll get it.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:37 PM   #120
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

It would definitely be helpful if they could clarify the ordering process, especially for international customers, but let's not get the pitch-forks out yet

I was one of the early orderer's and am also an international customer (I've paid a deposit), but if it does turn out they can't do international orders direct, I'll just cancel my original paypal deposit and order through which ever local distributor is handling it. It's not that big of a deal.

Sure, they could be more responsive to emails and FB posts, but let's not forget this is a new company and Cain only went up for order a few days ago. And then throw Wondercon into the mix and they are probably just absolutely flat out.

So no, I don't agree with 'spamming' their facebook page either. If you have paid money and you're anxious about no reply, then you can always cancel the order and get a refund. If you haven't ordered yet then just wait for clarification, and order when you are happy with the response. Either direct or through a local distributor.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote