Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #121
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Over the years they have basically turned Wonder Woman into a female Superman, she can fly, she's indestructible, IMO the latest comic books have made her to powerful... For a movie your going to have to strip her of some of her more recent powers... flight for one and being impervious to any damage the other... They're going to need to tone down her strength also, she shouldn't be as strong as Superman. You have Supergirl for that.

I think they will have to really re-create Wonder Woman in order to make it work on the big screen for a general audience.. IMO what works in the comic books will not work on the big screen.
Why would they have a female Superhero more powerful than WW? She is so much more than a "female Superman".
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #122
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

She has a super rack.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #123
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Wow that pilot was bad! Made Hasselhoff's Nick Fury look like fine art! Palicki looked the part but the script was AWEFUL!
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #124
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Why would they have a female Superhero more powerful than WW? She is so much more than a "female Superman".
There's other ways of making her powerful without being indestructible like Superman....

I believe the original concept of her was that she had the strength of 4-5 men and had extremely fast reflexes... She had gear that help give her an edge in combat.... But now she's pretty much a female Superman. She can lift battleships, fly, have mountains crash on top of her and not leave a scratch or a bruise...

She's the daughter of a God with lots of mythology baggage to go along with it.... I don't know how you would turn that into a successful movie. Basically it would be Clash of Titans with a female lead in a modern setting...

This is probably the biggest reason WB has stayed away from bringing her to the big screen. I think your best bet would be to nix all the mythology background and play it as the Amazons was a race from another planet that was destroyed by another race and they took refugee on earth long time ago, using technology to hide their island.. Since they can stealth a island they can use the same technology on their aircraft... Thus the "" Invisible Jet "" but of course a lot more high tech and cooler looking then the hold TV show one
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #125
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
There's other ways of making her powerful without being indestructible like Superman....

I believe the original concept of her was that she had the strength of 4-5 men and had extremely fast reflexes... She had gear that help give her an edge in combat.... But now she's pretty much a female Superman. She can lift battleships, fly, have mountains crash on top of her and not leave a scratch or a bruise...

She's the daughter of a God with lots of mythology baggage to go along with it.... I don't know how you would turn that into a successful movie. Basically it would be Clash of Titans with a female lead in a modern setting...

This is probably the biggest reason WB has stayed away from bringing her to the big screen.
I'd love to see the movie you just described.

I do agree that Wonder Woman shouldn't be as indestructible as Superman. She should be in the same range as Aquaman. Very tough, very difficult to injure, but not as invulnerable as Supes. As far as the mythology, they need to give it a chance. It's not the mythology that's the problem, it's whether they do a good job with it or not. The Percy Jackson movies haven't been bad because they were mythology based. They were bad because they were horrible movies, IMO.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #126
built2shred
Phoenix

You don't think it's going to be strange watching Superman and Batman fight Mythological Gods?
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #127
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
You don't think it's going to be strange watching Superman and Batman fight Mythological Gods?
No. Superman would be fine fighting them. Batman would be dead within the first few minutes of the fight though...
Old 09-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #128
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #129
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Nice. But I preferred the Cobie Smulders costume. The tasseted gladiator type girdle was the best Wonder Woman look I've seen and makes the most sense with her background and warrior status. She wouldn't be wearing a swimsuit! I still can't believe WB didn't go ahead with Joss Whedon at the helm. I'll bet they're sorry now! He would have given us an incredible Wonder Woman movie. Ahhh...what might have been, huh?
Old 10-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #130
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...g-screen-or-tv
This is a positive message from the WB CEO.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote