Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 04-21-2011, 10:33 PM   #121
High Lord Apocalypse
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I agree with ya bruhaha. Cloth doesn't belong on statues. It belongs on dolls.
As I've said before, the punisher comiquette shows if a sculptor is talented, they can do clothing right.
Im a street fighter fan so I buy em as there is no other 1:4 scale SF line out there.
High Lord Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:38 AM   #122
Ridimous
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Ditto. Oh and if Kitana turns out well, her too!
Ridimous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:58 AM   #123
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhaha69 View Post
That's a definite strong point.

To answer your question, I just don't think the real clothes look natural on the sculpted characters in most cases. They don't wear real clothes in the game (ironically, the classic MK games did, haha). To me, I want the statue to be a snapshot of the character, hyper detailed and exaggerated. Not to say they look terrible (SF line looks damn good in my book), but I would have taken a painted Cammy versus one wearing Spandex, no doubt about it. Zanief's spandex undies didn't really add much. Ryu, Ken and Akuma's costumes were pretty well done, but again, I'd have taken fully sculpted easily.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess
I prefer all sculpted too, just wish the costumes were more classic, even in the movie the costumes looked good. But obviously Jerry did not have much of a choice.

Wonder if he had it his way would he choose the new costumes or classic??
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:17 AM   #124
Spartacus
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
I prefer all sculpted too, just wish the costumes were more classic, even in the movie the costumes looked good. But obviously Jerry did not have much of a choice.

Bro, sorry to say but the original costumes are boring!.....I think Jerry has headed into the right direction!

but please post pics as to what costume version you like!....there has been a number of variations and i know every one has a different idea as to what they like!
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:22 AM   #125
Spazzy
Hercules

I don't follow the new costumes of a new game that comes out every couple years, I like original costumes MK1 and MK the movie, boring to others but iconic to me and without seeing the piece in full I am about 95% sure I won't be getting it because of the new costume.

Plus where are these costumes going to be in 2-3 years when a new game comes out and there will be totally new costumes, I guess by that time Jerry might do those costumes, I was just expecting more of the iconic costumes.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:46 AM   #126
sirkangol
Painter
Painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridimous View Post
I'm pre-ordering the ex! What is the ex?
I dont know what the ex is. We have to wait till SDCC i guess

Mike N.
sirkangol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:56 AM   #127
TheDarkRaven
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post

all sculpted, all the way
TheDarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:33 AM   #128
Freon
Howling at the Moon

That's one small pic.
Freon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:11 PM   #129
bloodrain
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
MK = Action type poses that best represent each character. I mean really, I can't picture Sub-Zero as a statue with his hands on his hips standing upright...doesnt make sense. BUT, Sub-Zero raring back with his hands forming an ice ball projectile makes perfect sense....and gives the statue and the character life and excitement.

Not saying museum statues should not be done, but in this instance, it doesnt work. MK = action all the way. If you want museum....send lots of letters to Bowen to get the license to do MK. He would knock out all your wet fantasies about stoic museum poses for MK characters.

Heck, even SF statues that Jerry does have something that represents what the character does in the game. And even though they are closer to museum poses than the Scorpion pose, they are doing something they do from the game.
I could easily see this action vs stoic/museum pose debate go either way. There are some characters you just think of doing a specific action and others that may not have any good action pose to do and look better in a museum pose looking like a badass. Skorpion and Subzero could definitely go either way and look amazing.

When deadly aliance and deception came out there were wallpapers released for each character that look awesome and would be perfect for statues. Some were semi action and some were museum. Im trying to find one website that has them all to link but im just finding individual ones.

If ermac is done I think Jerry has to do his classic "Christ hover" pose that one of the wallpapers showed
bloodrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:54 PM   #130
isildur heir
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Mileena is sexiest that would be sweet statue but PF would much better even unmasked face
isildur heir is offline   Reply With Quote