Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-08-2021, 11:54 AM   #121
SkilledButton
Nightwing

I'll wait to see more photos, so far I'm not as blown away as I thought I'd be....

I'm also really running low on room in my X-Men display and space is scarce. Given the prices and space, a piece has to really resonated to buy at this point... So far, this one isn't it but I'll wait till we see the full piece, should be soon.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 12:30 PM   #122
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

There were good times too
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 02:09 PM   #123
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Uh, the facesculpt is a huge letdown...
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 03:15 PM   #124
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I love the portrait. Looks like a strong old man Arnold/Terminator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Yeah, I love the statue as a whole but the portrait is lacking the hyper-realism of some of their other portraits (the OG Cable, Ultimate Cap..etc.).
Agreed... it is slightly disappointing that the realism has been dialed back.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 06:11 AM   #125
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

- Cable with Hope will be ready for Pre-Order tomorrow Wednesday, 10th November 2021! -

"XM Studios is excited to present our next 1:4 MARVEL Premium Collectibles series statue, Cable with Hope. The X-Men universe has given fans iconic and memorable partnerships, friendships, and dynamics between our mutant heroes. Some tragic, some unlikely, some precious, and some heart-wrenching. Cable and Hope, a protector/guardian/father-daughter relationship well known among X-Men fans, comes to mind. A father-daughter dynamic centered around a major event in the course of the X-Men history, where the hope of mutantkind lies in the fate of a small girl.

This art statue collectible depicts Cable, one of X-Men’s long-standing heroes protecting baby Hope Summers, known as the Mutant Messiah. Hope Summers is the first mutant born after the House of M and Decimation events (where Scarlet Witch uttered the famous line: “no more mutants”, resulting in the mass depowering of close to a million mutants overnight). With his signature classic costume, short, worn cape flowing, the time-traveling mutant is seen at a ready stance, heavy set of weapons ready. In his left arm, he carries a scared Hope Summers close to him, prepared to defend and protect her from anyone who wishes to bring harm to the Mutant Messiah and by extension, the future of mutantkind.

Note: Prototype shown and pending final approval, final product may differ. Batteries will not be included for products with light up features due to customs."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 06:11 AM   #126
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

- Cable with Hope will be ready for Pre-Order tomorrow Wednesday, 10th November 2021! -

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 07:35 AM   #127
aaronica
The Avengers

pretty decent to be honest, but wun be getting it since i had the sideshow piece
aaronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 07:48 AM   #128
SkilledButton
Nightwing

I like it, it's well done but I'm not sure I like it enough to drop the money on it...

Not a piece I absolutely need in my collection, so I'll probably hold off but it'll be interesting to see more. Right now I have room for Storm, a Nightcrawler and one additional X-Men piece, there's others I'd want to buy more than this one.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 08:57 AM   #129
Mister H
Ultimates

Nice effort on XM's part. I will look forward to seeing pics of this posted in collections. I will be going with the SS Cable though and do some customizing or pick up the XM OG Cable if I can find a really good deal.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 09:24 AM   #130
Demona
Lex Luthor

It's probably the pics, but to me he looks short. Also, I'd prefer a baby Hope. The young child Hope isn't doing it for me. The statue looks far better without her and just the two guns.

Curious to see the other head sculpt. Gonna guess clean-shaven at least.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote