The Sauron print is tempting.
Pretty much any Vanderstelt print is tempting
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 10:22 PM   #123
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I decided to use some of them on Christmas presents...get some cool stuff for people and save myself some actual cash.

This is actually a great idea ....especially if there isn't anything you like for yourself from SSC. Nice!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 04:15 AM   #124
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I decided to use some of them on Christmas presents...get some cool stuff for people and save myself some actual cash.
You took the words right outta my mouth! I used my points on Loungefly bags for my daughter! She’s going to be very happy Xmas morning!!
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 10:12 AM   #125
statuestudy
Frackin!

I have $315 in reward points. Most of it expiring at the end of the year, a small amount between Jan and March 2022. I was planning on using it on a $1000 Iron Studios peice that has been in stock since the begining of the year but last week when I was finally going to order, it was on "waitlist". It was in stock the first few weeks in October because I was checking often but looks like I waited too long.

Theres nothing I want around a $300 price. There is a few (large) items around $1000 that would be nice to have but even with $300 off I would have to spend $700 cash plus shipping and find room/space for it. I don't want to spend reward points just to spend reward reward points. I don't foresee any worthwile preorders going up between now and the end of the year but who knows?

I am kicking myself for waiting too long on that IS item. The only thing I have on preorder with Sideshow is a $255 Hot toy figure. I may just cancel that, loose the deposit and reorder with my reward points.
statuestudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 10:16 AM   #126
jeremydmc
Suicide Squad

Just realized I had my rewards account at zero after purchasing the new Powergirl PF on April 1st. So my oldest points will not expire until April 1st of next year. I have more time than I thought to wait for something to be revealed I might want more. Plus hopefully I can amass some more points by then.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 10:37 AM   #127
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuestudy View Post
I have $315 in reward points. Most of it expiring at the end of the year, a small amount between Jan and March 2022. I was planning on using it on a $1000 Iron Studios peice that has been in stock since the begining of the year but last week when I was finally going to order, it was on "waitlist". It was in stock the first few weeks in October because I was checking often but looks like I waited too long.

Theres nothing I want around a $300 price. There is a few (large) items around $1000 that would be nice to have but even with $300 off I would have to spend $700 cash plus shipping and find room/space for it. I don't want to spend reward points just to spend reward reward points. I don't foresee any worthwile preorders going up between now and the end of the year but who knows?

I am kicking myself for waiting too long on that IS item. The only thing I have on preorder with Sideshow is a $255 Hot toy figure. I may just cancel that, loose the deposit and reorder with my reward points.
I would expect you’re right and that there won’t be any worthwhile preorders until next year. They know a lot of people are going to get something with all those points expiring and would rather get rid of in stock items. Honestly you can’t blame them. If I ran the company I would do the same thing.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 07:06 PM   #128
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Boom! Rewards points used.

Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 07:12 PM   #129
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

I PO the Purearts T1000 but Sideshow didn't give me the option to use my points.

Was going to PO Darkseid. Kind of debating right now afterseeing inhand.

Waiting for my Jean Grey ex to convert. Red Riding Hood is also an option
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 03:27 AM   #130
NWO SCUM
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
Once you use your reward points they are gone and if you choose to cancel an order. Well, those points that you used are gone for good. So, it's best that you find something that you like and use them on it. This has been the case since the inception of Sideshow's Reward Points.
Yeah about 10 years ago I learned the hard way. I used my points to buy a statue and decided I no longer wanted it. So when I cancelled I lost all my points.
NWO SCUM is offline   Reply With Quote