Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-12-2012, 03:35 AM   #131
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
he was dealing with 2 suns on the harsh desert planet of Tatooine for 20 years.
hahaha! dont forget dealing with the stupid jawas. you know those things will get on your nerves. having them try and peddle their busted ass droids on you for that long.........no thanks.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:13 AM   #132
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
hahaha! dont forget dealing with the stupid jawas. you know those things will get on your nerves. having them try and peddle their busted ass droids on you for that long.........no thanks.
Jar Jar Binks equals to ten Jawas, so...
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:15 AM   #133
johnclone
The Enchantress

no gungans should be in the next series of films, not even in passing.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #134
Frankierock
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
My bad, You are right. I should have remembered that Luke was much younger than 40 years old in Episode IV, I just remembered something about 40 years, maybe it was 40 years from the start of Episode 1 to the start of Episode IV? Or maybe it was 40 years from the end of Episode III to the start of Episode VII, maybe that was it. I'm all confused.

My main point was that if Ewan Mcgregor is thinking he's going to be asked to play Ben Kenobi at any time after Episode IV, then Ben Kenobi's ghost will be getting younger which is just silly.

Ewan and Samuel just need to let Star Wars go.

My hope is if anyone returns it would be Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Chewie possibly, and that's about it. Maybe R2 and C3PO just for a quick appearance.

I think your right on Ben..Ben has been a ghost so to make him younger now would be dumb...BUT George did it for Ani in ROTJ...Which made no sense Since he died as an old man in ROTJ...But maybe now with it in Disney's hands he can not make that call anymore.

As for R2 and C3PO they Have to be there...Didn't George say way back when the reason they are there is because the story is really told through the droids Eyes? so it's a no brainer for them to return.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #135
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Not sure I follow your logic.

Obi-Wan's approx. age:
Episode I = 26 years old
Episode II = 36 years old
Episode III = 39 years old
Episode IV = 59 years old

Ewan McGregor was 28-34 between the releases of Episodes I-III & Alec Guinness was 63 when Episode IV came out. I don't see those ages as being much of a stretch.

Well...it's pretty simple, really. Ewan McGregor = young man. Alec Guinness= old man.

If you're saying Alec Guinness was supposed to be 59 years old in episode IV, then I guess that's where it falls apart for me. He looked and moved like a 70 year old, not a 59 year old, IMO. Just one man's opinion though...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:56 AM   #136
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

They should add a new character like HK-47 from KOTOR. That would be great.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #137
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
I think your right on Ben..Ben has been a ghost so to make him younger now would be dumb...BUT George did it for Ani in ROTJ...Which made no sense Since he died as an old man in ROTJ...But maybe now with it in Disney's hands he can not make that call anymore.

As for R2 and C3PO they Have to be there...Didn't George say way back when the reason they are there is because the story is really told through the droids Eyes? so it's a no brainer for them to return.
I think TPTB can reasonably argue that the "force ghosts" of former Jedi can choose what form to take when they appear, perhaps defaulting to when they passed. So Obi-Wan would appear as an older guy, while Anakin might choose to appear as he did when he was younger...when he sort of "died" in terms of falling from the Light Side.

And I totally agree; of all the original characters, it's the droids that I can see being major characters in the upcoming sequels. They don't age, and don't need to. They can be the singular link between all the movies, no matter how many there are.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #138
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Well...it's pretty simple, really. Ewan McGregor = young man. Alec Guinness= old man.

If you're saying Alec Guinness was supposed to be 59 years old in episode IV, then I guess that's where it falls apart for me. He looked and moved like a 70 year old, not a 59 year old, IMO. Just one man's opinion though...
We need to find out how old Alec was when he was filming Ep IV.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #139
Frankierock
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
We need to find out how old Alec was when he was filming Ep IV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Not sure I follow your logic.

Obi-Wan's approx. age:
Episode I = 26 years old
Episode II = 36 years old
Episode III = 39 years old
Episode IV = 59 years old

Ewan McGregor was 28-34 between the releases of Episodes I-III & Alec Guinness was 63 when Episode IV came out. I don't see those ages as being much of a stretch.

Prob 61 when filming.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #140
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
I think it's pretty easy to think he was 60ish in the first flick. It was 1977 (1976 when filming); 60 was a lot older then than it is now.

Quote:
They should add a new character like HK-47 from KOTOR. That would be great.
If they don't take advantage of some inside references from the expanded universe? They're missing a huge opportunity. I imagine that we'll see/hear about a lot from the games and novels, here and there--nothing major maybe, but for fans in the know, little gifts.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote