Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 04-18-2015, 03:14 AM   #131
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Nope, Cain and ED-209 live in the same universe being 1/6th scale. Our ED-209 is a lot bigger than most think after seeing it in person.

The Hot Toys ED-209 is so out of whack for 1/6th, it's proportions are not accurate and make it look larger in areas.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 03:31 AM   #132
Animachina
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Nope, Cain and ED-209 live in the same universe being 1/6th scale. Our ED-209 is a lot bigger than most think after seeing it in person.

The Hot Toys ED-209 is so out of whack for 1/6th, it's proportions are not accurate and make it look larger in areas.

Paul
Never been so happy to be wrong!!
Animachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:18 AM   #133
Vader
Ghost

I'm glad the edition size is low. what was the final number on cain?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:56 AM   #134
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
I'm glad the edition size is low. what was the final number on cain?
500 I think? According to other thread title at least.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:47 PM   #135
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Ed-209 : 300
Cain : 500
Old 04-18-2015, 03:01 PM   #136
Vader
Ghost

I think the hot toys version must have really affected sales as Ed-209 was always a much more popular and cooler looking character than Cain.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 03:37 PM   #137
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
I think the hot toys version must have really affected sales as Ed-209 was always a much more popular and cooler looking character than Cain.
It definitely affects sales, but also the fact that Cain exists. If there were no Cain, ED would have more sales. But also I think CC still needs to be recognized as an existing company. If they were recognized, they would have met the previous 1000 ES. I am learning quick that in this hobby your existence needs to be made aware to customers. I don't know, yet I KNOW for a fact there are companies out there like CC that is probably making product I want to buy, but I don't know they even exist to find them and those products.

I forgot exactly how I found CC, but I do know it was by pure chance. I was researching ED 209 hot toys and had found out about bad quality control on a forum. I think I came across the name CC on that same forum as an alternative ED 209 product.

In time I have no doubt CC will be as recognized as Sideshow. It's just a shame so many will miss out on ED and Cain. It's a shame I will miss out on Cain :x but..I have a vague idea of what's coming still and I can't afford all products CC delivers. I wish I could but I have to be picky. Especially in the event these still secret products that will be announced sooner than later hits me in the "oh F no I ain't missing out on THAT" spot.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:06 PM   #138
kkchan
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
The PO price offered by local shops are at least $300 USD higher than CS website. It also affected the sale
kkchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:05 PM   #139
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Any update or pics on the order direct version?
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:49 PM   #140
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Enforcer,

All good points and I agree with a lot of it. If I had to do it over again I may have waited a year between Cain and ED's release. Even thought there is a lot of ED-209 in the marketplace, I thought we'd sell a lot more than we have.

We based our whole model on 300 units, half retail and half wholesale and we knew it would take time to build that customer base.

Last year we did Wonderfest, Comic Con, Jerseyfest and Monsterpalooza to raise awareness.

We have social media and a website. We only advertise here on the statue forum as we feel this is where our hardcore collectors are and we get great feedback.

We do listen to the fans and make changes based on your suggestions.

If you have any suggestions for getting the word out it would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to advertise on ten forums, that's equal to a few products being produced in China.

I'll keep working hard on cool products, if you guys will continue to support us and spread the word to other boards and social media sites.

We are doing a lot of promotional work with the studios and we are branching out into a few new collectible areas.

Thanks guys, any suggestions are welcome....

Paul