Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 04-25-2007, 08:23 PM   #131
Psylocke
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Paquet View Post
Succinct and dead on. All I would add is the pervasive narcicisim within the hideous culture of MTV, reality shows, and demands of rights without the accompanying responisibilites. But I guess this is just more evidence to back up your statement, as opposed to a different pov.

Great post Risingstar.

But to an extent the "MTV" culture (even tho nobody watches mtv anymore) is all around the world,When it comes to kids being in a movement/culture (be it Skaters,Emo,Punk,hip/hop,Hiltonitis etc etc),Kids will always be like that.
But i hope to God when American kids are watching shows like "sweet 16" that they know that isnt normal behaviour,Right?,In Europe its promoted as a poke fun of American culture which is sad in a way,I hope it isnt promoted as some sort of "goal" or normal reality program over there.
Psylocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:27 PM   #132
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
But to an extent the "MTV" culture (even tho nobody watches mtv anymore) is all around the world,When it comes to kids being in a movement/culture (be it Skaters,Emo,Punk,hip/hop,Hiltonitis etc etc),Kids will always be like that.
But i hope to God when American kids are watching shows like "sweet 16" that they know that isnt normal behaviour,Right?,In Europe its promoted as a poke fun of American culture which is sad in a way,I hope it isnt promoted as some sort of "goal" or normal reality program over there.
Americans know what they see on TV is not the gospel. Jeez, give us some credit.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:28 PM   #133
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
All I know is if giving the choice i`d rather have a gun instead of nothing and I don`t care what a suit in washington that has a bodygaurd says if they ban guns i`ll still have one.
F**K Yeah!
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:39 AM   #134
Psylocke

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
Americans know what they see on TV is not the gospel. Jeez, give us some credit.
LOL,well i was talkin about the kids
And Credit... trying to stay away from any presient bashing,Fool you once,Fool you twice lol
Old 04-26-2007, 11:45 AM   #135
rilynil

Quote:
And Credit... trying to stay away from any presient bashing,Fool you once,Fool you twice lol
Plenty of people see the error of electing Bush. It's pretty much a lock that he'll leave office as one of the most unpopular presidents in American history. I just wish more people could have seen the warning signs instead of electing him not once but twice.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:06 PM   #136
deaconbluezzz
Luke Cage

Quote:
Plenty of people see the error of electing Bush. It's pretty much a lock that he'll leave office as one of the most unpopular presidents in American history. I just wish more people could have seen the warning signs instead of electing him not once but twice.
Yeah, I remember telling my father in '03 that he would go down in history as a president that made Nixon look good, and he just stared at me like I had lost my mind.
deaconbluezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:16 PM   #137
The Watcher
Loki

Bush Bashing

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaconbluezzz View Post
Yeah, I remember telling my father in '03 that he would go down in history as a president that made Nixon look good, and he just stared at me like I had lost my mind.
Harrold's point is proven once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrold View Post
...I've read this board long enough to see that the the snide comments of a political nature nearly always come from the left.
The Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:44 PM   #138
Harrold
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm still trying to figure out what Bush has to do with a murder spree in Virginia. Would calling these comments idiotic be seen as personal attacks? I'm not implying that the members that posted are idiotic, heavens no. I do feel the injection of Bush in this discussion is rather retarded though.
Harrold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:56 PM   #139
rilynil

Watcher and Harrold, Psylocke mentioned Bush, and I commented on it. In other words, the topic veered. Only Psylocke can say for certain why Bush was first mentioned, but I felt Psylocke's recent comments were pertaining to an uneasiness with America.

Plus, my comments weren't at all snide. They were stating my opinion. Plus, the comment about Bush's popularity is not an opinion. It's been proven in poll after poll.

It's perfectly OK to be displeased with public officials. And no, this isn't a left vs. right thing. I don't care to carry a specific political banner. The Bush comments didn't deal with the Virginia Tech shootings, but, like I said, the topic veered.

I'm sorry the topic upsets you.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:00 PM   #140
Psylocke

If you read over what was said,it was just a passin comment about the stereotyped view Americans have in other countries.that is all.I mentioned "my sweet 16" and the president to easily explaine why other countrys might believe America hasnt got credit.It wasnt directly to do with the shootings.It originated from the American culture conversation goin on in here.