Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 06-29-2011, 02:44 AM   #131
Reme Lebeau
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I agree. I also think Koto is placing to much emphasis on the pre-order process in general. They don't seem to understand that with the flood of Marvel product on the market many collectors take a wait a see approach. There are multiple reasons why many may adopt this practice. Concerns over QC, available funds at the time of release, frugal collectors that don't like to pay retail and buy on the aftermarket. Take your pick. Marvel is a different animal than other licenses. Their fans are fickle and impulsive. I have little doubt Koto would have a problem selling through 500-800 of these. The problem is, and this is where I think they've done some real damage to their Marvel brand, when collectors feel slighted or led on they WILL take their business elsewhere. The last thing Koto should be doing is causing collectors to question whether or not they'll follow through with what they are soliciting. Especially when they're trying to establish themselves as a major player in a very competitive market.
All great points, I hope Koto is listening.
Reme Lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:43 AM   #132
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I agree. I also think Koto is placing to much emphasis on the pre-order process in general. They don't seem to understand that with the flood of Marvel product on the market many collectors take a wait a see approach. There are multiple reasons why many may adopt this practice. Concerns over QC, available funds at the time of release, frugal collectors that don't like to pay retail and buy on the aftermarket. Take your pick. Marvel is a different animal than other licenses. Their fans are fickle and impulsive. I have little doubt Koto would have a problem selling through 500-800 of these. The problem is, and this is where I think they've done some real damage to their Marvel brand, when collectors feel slighted or led on they WILL take their business elsewhere. The last thing Koto should be doing is causing collectors to question whether or not they'll follow through with what they are soliciting. Especially when they're trying to establish themselves as a major player in a very competitive market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reme Lebeau View Post
All great points, I hope Koto is listening.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #133
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Still hoping this one gets released somehow someway.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:36 PM   #134
Reme Lebeau
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
Adamantium Member

Koto, please provide us an update on the status of Rogue.
Reme Lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:15 PM   #135
ThanosRules
Death is hereditary.

I hope Kotobukiya releases this statue for everyone that still wants it, but for me, Koto lost out on a sale.

I had Koto's statue on order, but as we all know it got cancelled. Then Sideshow released their pf version of rogue. So now I've got Sideshows version on order.

I just can't justify getting two Rogue statues. especially when she's wearing the same costume.
ThanosRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:12 PM   #136
gomur
The Tick

When Koto canned the Danger Room Rogue, I was so relieved that I had the Sideshow Rogue reserved. Did I really need two Rogue statues? Probably not. But at least I get to have one if Koto's never sees the light of day.

If Koto were to re-release the Danger Room Rogue, then the completionist in me would be compelled to buy it no doubt. However, a lot depends on the statues that actually make it to production. I have Psylocke on display and Colossus on the way. Gambit preordered. If I don't get brown Wolverine and (eventually) Cyclops, though, a lot of my passion for this line goes.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote