Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-29-2019, 04:23 PM   #131
Luminous
Cyclops

Well thanks to these price hikes, I went from ready to pre-order 6 upcoming P1 statues to 1 or 2. I can get my DBZ fix from so many other companies. Not ruling it out yet but I don't see how I'll be able to justify this one.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 04:27 PM   #132
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

I rather get their upcoming Bane.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 04:32 PM   #133
Punisher_
Sailor Moon

I'm hearing people saying that this has at least a 2,000 ES.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 05:22 PM   #134
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Looks really nice but these P1 prices lately are making SS price hikes seem reasonable. Like someone in another thread mentioned without SS taking such a big take distributing that you would expect lower prices from P1.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 05:29 PM   #135
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
Looks really nice but these P1 prices lately are making SS price hikes seem reasonable. Like someone in another thread mentioned without SS taking such a big take distributing that you would expect lower prices from P1.
There's no way they were going to lower their prices, I mean why should they? That's a consumer mentality of thinking "Well the price should be lower now that you don't have to worry about a distributor take anymore" but the business side mentality is going to be "You were willing to pay that price before, why should we lower it now and devalue our products? The distributor cut has nothing to do with what you as a customer were willing to pay. If the distributor fee went up, would you be ok with us charging more?"

I imagine this one costs what it does because the license probably cost them BIG dollars to acquire. And the crazy thing is that even at this price point, they'll sell. And they know they will.

Anyway I know I've said it other times but I've grown a bit sour on the hobby as a whole, and it didn't really take me long to get there. I got my first statue probably about 2 and a half years ago, and I'm already about done with it. The statues are fantastic, there's a lot of great, great talent out there, but there are just plenty of things about it I'm not a fan of. And yes.....I still have the money & space to keep buying them.

I'm backing out of just about all my P1 plans at this point as I'm just sick of the waiting/poor communication and I've decided instead to put a lot of that money towards a SS X-Men collection. After I get those, I'm pretty much done.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 05:33 PM   #136
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
I'm hearing people saying that this has at least a 2,000 ES.
I think it'll be higher as they are saying the first 2000 orders receive the name plate.

Tsume Vegeta was 3000 ES....i wouldn't be surprised if this is 4000.

Over 9000? Surely not.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 05:54 PM   #137
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
There's no way they were going to lower their prices, I mean why should they? That's a consumer mentality of thinking "Well the price should be lower now that you don't have to worry about a distributor take anymore" but the business side mentality is going to be "You were willing to pay that price before, why should we lower it now and devalue our products? The distributor cut has nothing to do with what you as a customer were willing to pay. If the distributor fee went up, would you be ok with us charging more?"

I imagine this one costs what it does because the license probably cost them BIG dollars to acquire. And the crazy thing is that even at this price point, they'll sell. And they know they will.

Anyway I know I've said it other times but I've grown a bit sour on the hobby as a whole, and it didn't really take me long to get there. I got my first statue probably about 2 and a half years ago, and I'm already about done with it. The statues are fantastic, there's a lot of great, great talent out there, but there are just plenty of things about it I'm not a fan of. And yes.....I still have the money & space to keep buying them.

I'm backing out of just about all my P1 plans at this point as I'm just sick of the waiting/poor communication and I've decided instead to put a lot of that money towards a SS X-Men collection. After I get those, I'm pretty much done.

Ok, well then I don't understand rapidly increasing the prices then unless the plan is to sell much much less at a higher profit(kind of like Ferrari). I mean if it's true that SS was taking half or almost of the cut then these things were/are ridiculously highly profitable already. I know licensing fees are part of it but let's not pretend the companies are barely making money to sell us these things lol! Maybe DBZ just sells regardless, I know Tsume's pieces sold out apparently and they're mind boggling on prices too imo.

And yeah I'm leaning towards selling a lot and just focusing on finishing 1/4 X-men(some SS and XM), Spider-man(same) and maybe Batman.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:39 PM   #138
Silicon Man
Frackin!

Yeah, this piece is quite expensive for a P1 1/4

It's somewhat safe to assume that P1 had a pricey deal with MegaHouse
Silicon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 09:51 PM   #139
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

whats the average shipping rate from P1 these days on a piece like this? U.S...
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 10:08 PM   #140
Mister S.
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
I asked them on FB and Prime 1 replied back saying it won't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooste View Post
P1 said on FB that it won’t be available through SS.
Thanks
Mister S. is offline   Reply With Quote