Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-30-2011, 11:11 AM   #1451
A Cimmerian
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

We can't compare this statue to the Soulfire Grace. The Soulfire Grace is a much simpler design.
A Cimmerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #1452
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cimmerian View Post
We can't compare this statue to the Soulfire Grace. The Soulfire Grace is a much simpler design.
IMO, it's also the best of the 3. Sometimes simplicity works better instead of going all elaborate. The statue was perfect in sculpt, paint and execution. Can I dare to say it's one of a very few that I would classified it as a "perfect" statue!
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:54 AM   #1453
A Cimmerian
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
IMO, it's also the best of the 3. Sometimes simplicity works better instead of going all elaborate. The statue was perfect in sculpt, paint and execution. Can I dare to say it's one of a very few that I would classified it as a "perfect" statue!
I love it too. The only thing that keeps her from being perfect is the skirt, or should I say, the absence of leg under it.
A Cimmerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:56 AM   #1454
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
I love it too. The only thing that keeps her from being perfect is the skirt, or should I say, the absence of leg under it.
I really don't think u need it. It's like drapery.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:39 PM   #1455
Phillip
Producer
Producer

Risingstar,

First let me say I don't speak for Aspen, Frank or other people at Aspen. They might approach this differently.

I never said anything was a laughing matter and I was finding you insinuating that Aspen was going to continue with producing leaning statues funny. Think about that.

They paid all that money and took all that time so they could produce and continue to produce a statue you are unhappy with. That I found funny because Aspen wants you and every single customer to be happy.

I think it basically comes down to if there is a problem with the statue return it. If you can not find a replacement that will make you happy then don't buy it.

Aspen has been pushing the factory with the designs and because of that they've been running up against the factories capabilities. This was discussed when Aspen started this part of the business. Mike, Frank, Peter and the Aspen crew wanted to push the factory to take on these very complicated designs.

When doing this you will have repercussions.

No big tech machines producing these statues. These are young women sanding and painting these by hand.

Aspen and this factory have proven they make things right. So for those people that are willing to stick with Aspen and the factory I think they will be rewarded with dynamic statues. Aspen has been replacing the statues that have problems.

The rest of the discussion I can certainly have via telephone if you like Risingstar. Send me a PM and I'll send you my phone # because I honestly think that would be time better spent if you want to continue this discussion.

Give Chris a call at the Aspen store and see if he can find one for you that will work. And if want to pass on this statue that is fine and hopefully we'll catch you on the next one.

Have a great week!

Thanks,

Phillip
Phillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:39 PM   #1456
Phillip
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Old 01-30-2011, 02:44 PM   #1457
Phillip
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by puntapret View Post
Sorry for the off topic,

So, do you confirm that there will be an alternate version ?

When will we see any pics ?

Now the trouble maker shows up to pile on.

That is a question for Aspen.

Last edited by Phillip; 01-30-2011 at 06:52 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-30-2011, 02:47 PM   #1458
Phillip
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
So there appears to be another version?
Ask Aspen. Risingstar started it. Not me. He is to blame about this talk of another version.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:10 PM   #1459
frankm
Aspen Comics
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
So far, we have yet to see a slant-free Aspen.
Sorry, but this statement is total rubbish. I just looked back through this entire thread and there are quite a lot of great pics from people who's statue don't have a slant at all. To say none of them are good is just completely wrong.

I do agree a couple of them appear to slant more than they should. QC'ing 900 statues isn't easy and since all of these are done by hand, a small percentage of human error (though unwanted) can occur.

So far to me, the small handful I've seen with slight variances isn't a call for alarm. I know some of you feel it is though so we'll do our best to keep watch and see as more people receive in the statues, what the results are.

No one is perfect and we did the best we could in producing this statue. My apologies for the disappointment we may have caused you.
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:17 PM   #1460
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Well, in hopes of lightening the mood here, I will say that I'm still very excited to get Aspen and Kiani in a few short weeks. I still think they're gorgeous, and I hope for the best!
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote