Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-17-2016, 11:53 PM   #1471
adee
Green Arrow

I use the Sindvik doors. It's a 2 inch frame but I find the frame helps me hide the gaps created by tall pieces.

Still hoping they release a full single door someday.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:32 AM   #1472
Inkedsushi
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I use the Sindvik doors. It's a 2 inch frame but I find the frame helps me hide the gaps created by tall pieces.

Exactly. A nice clean look. That was my only gripe with the tombos. If you had a much taller piece, then the frame showed through the piece. I'm going custom from now on. I went to a local cabinet shop and he's making me one that is similar to the pax specs. 3 inch frame( only around) with see through acrylic. I thought going custom would cost over a grand, but will cost me 600. Wish I just went this route from the beginning.
Inkedsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:52 PM   #1473
SuperDinoHunter
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post

Hi Adee. That's bad news they are not releasing the fiskviken in North America. What do you mean it hides gaps for the sindvik? I'm thinking about getting a tombo. Can you post a pic?
SuperDinoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:39 PM   #1474
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDinoHunter View Post
Hi Adee. That's bad news they are not releasing the fiskviken in North America. What do you mean it hides gaps for the sindvik? I'm thinking about getting a tombo. Can you post a pic?
SDH, What I mean is the door frames help hide the fact that some pieces are taller than the frames allow.
The statues in the middle section are all taller than the 25 inch doors but by lowering and raising the shelves I can display them without any gaps.
I don't think I'd be able to do this set up with the tombo doors.

Please excuse the lack of lights. I'm still working on it.

I still think full doors would make the best display and I'd probably switch them out if ikea ever made them.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:32 AM   #1475
KELPIE
New Republic

I don't know if it's lighting or not but Woah - Look out for the shelf Batman is on. looks like a peg is slipping out?

Shelf is crooked?
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 01:13 AM   #1476
adee
Green Arrow

I have two extra shelves so I put them below Batman and Superman. It's crooked because the front right rests on the door hinge which is slightly higher.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:58 AM   #1477
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I hate the way display cubes look. It doesn't let you appreciate your piece from all but one angle. You just loose so much and your restricted to a small window box to view them. I prefer a display case/ cabinet that can be viewed at all angles (glass/ acrylic on all sides). Though lighting helps the cube look, I just don't see the appeal.
Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:37 PM   #1478
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I made a one piece door using a tomba and the full length billy door for my besta just need to get some glass for it.
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:05 PM   #1479
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Ugh, that news blow, was looking forward to the new doors ! I've been doing the custom acrylic route, and while I do like it, it is somewhat of a pain to do.

I just set this up last night with the help of my lovely wife.

lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:41 PM   #1480
Askani81
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamegod2x View Post
I dont remember where i saw it but did someone post their besta shelf with metal support brackets? Just curious what you used and how you installed it. Im thinking of adding just in case but havent seen any issues yet.

My current setup:

Very nice setup.
Askani81 is offline   Reply With Quote