Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Black Adam vs The X-Men
Black Adam. But its not easy 22 44.00%
The Uncanny X-Men. But its not easy. 28 56.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2008, 11:08 AM   #141
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by isculpt View Post
okay, but how come rogue could not absorb loki's?
Nice lineup, but some of those people would not affect BA. Cyclops, colossus, and juggernaut come to mind. Also we have to factor in BA's vast knowledge derived from Zehuti.
Cyclops and Colossus are just slow him down as a distraction. The others would be a greater threat. As for the knowledge when I look back at how its been used I'm not impressed. If this knowledge of Zehuti is used then Adam should have done better in his mini series and in WW3. He was easily tricked by Faust who now has possesion of Isis. So much for godly wisdom.

As for Rogue not being able to absorb Loki's power is the same reason Wolverine could beat Lobo in a bar room brawl. You know as well as I do that heroes gain, lose, change, die, resurrect and transcend all the time. Come back next year and Rogue will absorb the entire planet. I'm talking about Rogue on average not how she is presently which will change as sure as the sun sets.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:22 AM   #142
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
DARK Phoenix was NEVER a member of the X-Men, whether you like it or not.

And how the hell can you count Proteus and Franklin as X-Men? You make your own rules to suit whatever purpose you support.
I never said Dark Phoenix was on the team I said Phoenix (the good one with Jean in control) and she did have that power and she was was on the "team". The more she used that power the more the Dark Phoenix came out. And what was shown wasn't even the full Phoenix Force, it was what Jean's body could handle without being consumed. You can't pick and choose who's off the team if that character is going to beat Adam. The thread said X-men and there are so many of them past and present, it never said a certain group only.

As far as Franklin and Proteus if you re-read my post I was referring to mutants only who are at cosmic levels or very heavy hitters like Franklin and Proteus.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #143
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Apparently that doesn't count. Neither does anything that would ensure a BA win.

Perhaps we can tilt the favour more to Mak's liking? How about adding the FF and Avengers?
Have you been reading the earlier post or are you just making comments off the cuff? The tread said X-men and since that is a broad term I said it repeatedly that I could put together a team that Adam would literally slaughter and a team that would pimp slap him. There is no stacking the deck just putting together a team. Now if the thread said 1 on 1or specified certain members then you would have a valid argument. Please read this carefully, there are very few X-men, if any, that could go up against BA alone and win but as team they are very dangerous and dangerous enough to beat him.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #144
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
This is writers crap. How does Juggernaut even get written on the the Xmen?! First of all, he's a tool, second he's not even a mutant. Thats BS.
So why was he fighting for the team when Hulk came a calling? The thread said X-men it didn't limit who was on the team. Put together a team and I'll give my comments as to whether or not BA would win.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:58 AM   #145
isculpt
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Ahahah, when did Lobo fight Wolvie? Anyway, I have come to the conclusion, that yes, there is a possible lineup that can beat BA, but it would hardly be an easy battle for both. I personally declare that it is a bit too broad to say x-men, cause that entails literally, hundreds of characters. I also think time and place would be a factor. If BA would suddenly attack the Xmen now, for example, I highly doubt Vulcan, Phoenix, and Shadowcat would show up. If this was some sort of fighting game type template, then of course all Xmen are hands on. Also, I have a hard time believe that Buckey Barnes can rip Iron Man's face plate off but he did. I also have a hard time believing anything Amadeus Cho (I mean cmon, he outsmarted Reed and Tony? Really?), but he did. Bad writing or not, if it pertains to the 616 universe, then we gotta put it on the resume.
isculpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:09 PM   #146
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by isculpt View Post
Ahahah, when did Lobo fight Wolvie? Anyway, I have come to the conclusion, that yes, there is a possible lineup that can beat BA, but it would hardly be an easy battle for both. I personally declare that it is a bit too broad to say x-men, cause that entails literally, hundreds of characters. I also think time and place would be a factor. If BA would suddenly attack the Xmen now, for example, I highly doubt Vulcan, Phoenix, and Shadowcat would show up. If this was some sort of fighting game type template, then of course all Xmen are hands on. Also, I have a hard time believe that Buckey Barnes can rip Iron Man's face plate off but he did. I also have a hard time believing anything Amadeus Cho (I mean cmon, he outsmarted Reed and Tony? Really?), but he did. Bad writing or not, if it pertains to the 616 universe, then we gotta put it on the resume.
You gotta read more. See the DC/Marvel cross over.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:29 PM   #147
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
I totally agree. I also feel that psychologically, Rogue has shown time and time again that she cannot handle the absorption process with higher powered beings.

How would she handle the experience and powers of 7gods? I don't think she could handle it particularly well.
The problem that Rogue had was when she would absorb a person power she not only took their power but in essence became like that person even down to their physical aspects (like if she touch Nightcrawler she turn blue and grow a tail) Memories, emotions and power would come flooding in and she would temporarily be confused but would regain her in few minutes.

The power to absorb was not diminished when faced with alien or other high powered beings but rather the memories was the problem. Depending on the power level and species of the person being absorbed she would react differently. She could more easily handle human type beings than total aliens or cosmic beings like Galactus. She didn't like to absorb aliens because of the memories are so different that it would confuse her in a bad way. Even though she was confused the power transfer was still knock the alien or person out. I'm saying that Adam may have the power or attributes of the 7 patron gods but he is not them, his memories are Adam's not the 7 gods who grant him their power. She may or may be overwhelmed by this but I can say that Adam will taken for a loop as well.

This is all just my opinion and the writer can say or do anything so until that happens this conversation is just academic.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:34 PM   #148
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
Hey guys,

This is Mak's place! Were just allowed here.

But don't have any thoughts or ideas the would anger him.
Huh? what in the world are you talking about? Anger? My place? I'm just stating my "opinion". You're not angering me in any way, I assure you. This is all fantasy and conjecture and in case you've forgotten my opinion is not worth more than next person's.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:37 PM   #149
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1014 View Post
Why limit yourself? The thread should just be Black Adam vs. everyone that's ever been an X-Man ever.
Well the thread never limited who was on the team. Perhaps you should put together a team that BA can kill after all there are a lot of X-men or former X-men running around these days.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:43 PM   #150
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
ok, how about my team ? Black Adam and his super duper awesome best friends:

Black Adam, Captain Marvel, Superman, Mr. Majestic,
Sodam Yat, Mon-El, Apollo
OK I pick Dark Phoenix unleased and Franklin Richards Celestial level. Oh yeah and Rogue to.since she can steal more than one power.