Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-15-2021, 08:06 PM   #141
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
This looks incredible to me Really impressed. The only obstacle to owning this will be the price
Even if I was willing to pay $2400 for the statue alone, the amount of hassle and dough it would cost me to get that piece in to my country? bah! not worth it.

Changed my mind, this piece sucks, don't like it anymore
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 09:32 PM   #142
Joel
The Herculoids

I was 100% in on this because I absolutely love it! Passed on Batman on Horse simply because I have Samurai Batman already but this had me hook line and sinker.

Then the price. Gone from super excited and can’t wait to PO to ���� You XM in about 0.28secs.

Seriously this is ludicrous. Obviously statue collecting is for the wealthy elite now simply because these &$@$& companies are greedy AF.

Used to be an XM fanboy but not anymore because they’ve A:lost their minds and B:not many of their pieces are overly outside the box anymore.

And C: because no one at XM will read this like they used to.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 10:23 PM   #143
Iko Iko
Fantomah

I am not surprised at this price at all (and I predicted around $2,500 in an earlier post). I just figured a 1/4 Batman alone is $1,000 these days and the motorcycle is huge and detailed so that would be at least $1,200-$1,300. Throw in a few more dollars and there you go.

Also, most of these statue companies have said finding manufacturers to make and paint these statues is becoming harder and more expensive everyday. Plus add in the fact that we continue to pay for these items (even at the higher costs), it is not surprising some of these companies are testing the limits on pricing.

I will pass on this because I just don't love this version of the character THAT MUCH to justify the cost and shelf space.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 11:14 PM   #144
Punisher_
Sailor Moon

Price is bs. Not even XM Ghost Rider, Samurai Catwoman, or Punisher cost this much. Probably priced this high to offset the shipping container crisis that's going on. We got companies intentionally delaying shipping pieces cause of it. It's a great piece but it's not intricate enough to cost this much. I can't imagine how much the new Ghost Rider is going to cost or the next Hulkbuster. Yikes.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 11:23 PM   #145
craigcliff1
Zot

It's about what I thought
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 11:26 PM   #146
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I am not surprised at this price at all (and I predicted around $2,500 in an earlier post). I just figured a 1/4 Batman alone is $1,000 these days and the motorcycle is huge and detailed so that would be at least $1,200-$1,300. Throw in a few more dollars and there you go.

Also, most of these statue companies have said finding manufacturers to make and paint these statues is becoming harder and more expensive everyday. Plus add in the fact that we continue to pay for these items (even at the higher costs), it is not surprising some of these companies are testing the limits on pricing.

I will pass on this because I just don't love this version of the character THAT MUCH to justify the cost and shelf space.
Same, was expecting $2500. Not sure what anyone was expecting when a standard XM 1/4 is about $1000 and Apocalypse is $1500. And this bike is known for being absurdly long and has lights in it.

Not really understanding the "this hobby will only be for the 1%" posts. This was already an expensive niche hobby, but how does normal inflation (before the recent surge) + shipping costs + repeatedly explained rising factory costs = price gouging?

The price from Deathstroke (cheapest Samurai) to Red Hood (newest, similar Samurai) is up about 27%, but that's like 3 years later. Not exactly earth shattering given the reasons above.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 11:40 PM   #147
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
Price is bs. Not even XM Ghost Rider, Samurai Catwoman, or Punisher cost this much. Probably priced this high to offset the shipping container crisis that's going on. We got companies intentionally delaying shipping pieces cause of it. It's a great piece but it's not intricate enough to cost this much. I can't imagine how much the new Ghost Rider is going to cost or the next Hulkbuster. Yikes.
Nope shipping on top of this and i can assure you it is just as ludicrous because of the “container crisis”. Also if you’re in a POS country like I am you also have to pay somewhere between 15-20% extra for taxes, import duty and other fees to get it through customs. Shipped for me this piece would be circa 1xKidney.

The base cost of this for me is slightly more than it cost me to get Hulk Buster to my door in total, although I was sort of comfy with that given the size of the piece, the idea of spending that much on a statue made my stomach turn.

Whether you “expected” this price or not, it’s nuts and I guess is the reason I’ve only ordered some privately commissioned pieces the past couple of years. For not much more than a company like XM think their 1/4 scales are worth now you can get something that’s truly rare (20-100ed) and lovingly painted by a well known artist.

I want to buy pieces from big companies because they can use economies of scale to charge reasonable prices. But there’s obviously too many idiots with too much money out there that ratify these silly prices.
Old 10-16-2021, 02:16 AM   #148
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Not really understanding the "this hobby will only be for the 1%" posts. This was already an expensive niche hobby, but how does normal inflation (before the recent surge) + shipping costs + repeatedly explained rising factory costs = price gouging?
It's not about "price gouging". That's not the reasoning behind my comment at all. I said that this hobby will only be for the 1% because, regardless of the background reason for the price hikes, they will be the only people who can afford these products - simple.

The statue companies are not stupid either.

Consider this, imagine you're a statue company - you know there's a shipping and container crisis, you know you have issues with manufacturing costs, you know there's an ongoing pandemic, so what do you decide would be a great idea.....oh yes, let's make a statue so large, so intricate, and so pricey - that 99% of the collecting commnity will be UNABLE to buy it.....great strategy huh.

Except, like I said, this statue wasn't designed or aimed at us! Do you think that XM is unaware of their customer base? They know exactly what their demographic will tolerate, so again, proof that these companies are changing their customer target focus.

If you got the scratch, and want to get this - then great, you're the target audience.....everyone else, sorry, but you weren't invited to this party.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 03:04 AM   #149
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
It's not about "price gouging". That's not the reasoning behind my comment at all. I said that this hobby will only be for the 1% because, regardless of the background reason for the price hikes, they will be the only people who can afford these products - simple.

The statue companies are not stupid either.

Consider this, imagine you're a statue company - you know there's a shipping and container crisis, you know you have issues with manufacturing costs, you know there's an ongoing pandemic, so what do you decide would be a great idea.....oh yes, let's make a statue so large, so intricate, and so pricey - that 99% of the collecting commnity will be UNABLE to buy it.....great strategy huh.

Except, like I said, this statue wasn't designed or aimed at us! Do you think that XM is unaware of their customer base? They know exactly what their demographic will tolerate, so again, proof that these companies are changing their customer target focus.

If you got the scratch, and want to get this - then great, you're the target audience.....everyone else, sorry, but you weren't invited to this party.
+1

Very well said Silas Loki
Old 10-16-2021, 04:01 AM   #150
Plato
Doh!

Actually thinking about it, maybe XM price in the last few years just too good for us so now we are pampered.
P1 and slideshows price was always much higher compared with XM and now they are just on par.
Plato is offline   Reply With Quote